Episode 1 - My take and Top Five highlight

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Friends,
I am so excited about this new serial.

Ramayana and Mahabharata are the stories of mankind. They are as eternal as human kindness, greed, compassion, love, hatred, and everything in between. Recently I have come across two new interpretations of Mahabharata and Ramayana. 'Jaya' and 'Sita' by Devdutta Patnayak, who also happens to be an adviser to 'Siya ke Ram' and 'Mahabharat' (the one came out couple years back in Star Plus). I have already read 'Jaya' and now in the process of reading 'Sita'. I am glad that this serial is from Sita's point of view. This was mush needed, as all the previous versions I have seen were all from Ram's or Valmiki's POV.

Let me highlight the top five highlight of the first episode.

1) Shanta- Eldest child of Dashrat and Kaushlya: I am glad that they kept her character. This is not a well known story and I also read it in 'Sita' by Devdutta Patnayak. This is what I have read; In spite of having Shanta as daughter, Dashrat wanted to have sons. In his desperation, he married Sumitra and Kaikeyi. Both these marriages also failed to give him sons. At this time, Rompada, King of Anga came to him and asked Dashrat to allow him to adopt Shanta.

Rompada did not have a daughter. His kingdom was draught hit for many years. Indra, fearing one of his subjects Rishyashringa's prowess, refused to allow it to rain on the kingdom of Anga. He wanted to adopt Shanta, so that he can send her to Rishyashringa to seduce him to become householder from a hermit. This way Rishyashringa's power would get lessened and Indra would then remove the drought. Everything went according to the plan. As soon as Kingdom of Anga was prosperous, King Rompada asked Rishyashringa to conduct a Yagna to give Dashrath, sons. Thus were Ram, Lakshman, Bharata and Shatrugna were born.

I am not sure how much of this story they are going to explore, but I am glad that Shanta was mentioned.

2) Sunaina and Janaka's first scene: It was well shot scene, where Janaka is shown sitting in the dark and Sunaina lighting her was across to him. Even though she brings light to him, she can not help but brush with a darkness of her own, being unable to have a child. And Janaka, in spite being surrounded by the darkness and burden of his kingdom's suffering, refuses to let that darkness of self doubt and self hating touch his wife. He refuses to place any blame of their current predicament to her shoulder alone, but accepts that he is equally responsible for not having a child. I can not but help compare this Rajashri to Dasharat, who in spite of having a child, still yearned to something more and never appreciated the gift he was given.

3) Dashrat's three wives: I loved the way all three wives are shown, each having a distinct characteristics. Kaushlya with her rigid and principled morals who will not hesitate to speak her mind, Sumitra with her gentle and nurturing souls, who handles the situations delicately and diplomatically, and Kaikeyi with a lover's heart and self-aware, sharing her love to all.

4) Cast: So far the casting is looking great. Loved all the characters they have shown till now, very good acting.

5) Background Score and Songs: I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the background music and songs. The use of classical ragas and instruments in the background enhanced the scenes. The Song which was playing when King Janaka was working in the field had a folk touch to it which I loved.

Do let me know what is your top five...

Love
MD
Edited by Muggle_Diaries - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Completely agree with you. Nice post.
An amazing episode it was.

Already hooked to the show!!!!
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: NEIRAlover

Completely agree with you. Nice post.
An amazing episode it was.

Already hooked to the show!!!!

Thanks. 😊

May I know your name?

Love
MD
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hi happy to see you here.
i also watched show,

nice feeling coming, after watching ,
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: ayushimehra

hi happy to see you here.

i also watched show,

nice feeling coming, after watching ,

Wow... so great to see you after such a long time..😃
I was missing from the forum for sometime. Busy with some personal life...

How are you?

Love
Kshithi
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muggle_Diaries

Wow... so great to see you after such a long time..😃
I was missing from the forum for sometime. Busy with some personal life...

How are you?

Love
Kshithi

Hi Kshithi,

I am fine here

Nice post, i first time Heard about Shanta, & i searched , its new for me, but this ques striking my mind, why dashrath, gave it to Rommpad,

liked episode.

i liked sunayana, +janak as a couple, both understanding nice. both understands meaning behind the worlds.

Koshlaya , vision clearity, if something is wrong wrong,

sumitra, showed, how says her words acc to situation or acc to front person mind status. but nice feeling coming. liked janak vision, i also responsibile for if we not child, great thoughts.

Kaikeyi, shown good, but Manthara starting to set up her mind Tera +mera.

Asatavakra, showed janak next path, or meaning was hidden in his words, or janak accepted,'
showed imp of guru words.

so yesterday we got Sita (Bhoomi jaa )

Ram pataince or what we have to do if tough situation comes what we should do, its imp, but more what we can do their betterment its also very imp, then;;;;;;;;;;;;; i own go, or do work for their betterment +relax.

vashisht, guru speechless, when student grass-up guru whole words, Guru garima increases.
or Guru own enters sometime, Monn world secene was like that.

Nice to see you here.
Edited by ayushimehra - 8 years ago
Smsm18 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow beautiful post 😊 like the first episode every thing was good but my focus on Sita's entry 😃bg music and songs was superb 👏
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I like everything you posted, I would to read more about Shanta.
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: ayushimehra

Hi Kshithi,

I am fine here

Nice post, i first time Heard about Shanta, & i searched , its new for me, but this ques striking my mind, why dashrath, gave it to Rommpad,

liked episode.

i liked sunayana, +janak as a couple, both understanding nice. both understands meaning behind the worlds.

Koshlaya , vision clearity, if something is wrong wrong,

sumitra, showed, how says her words acc to situation or acc to front person mind status. but nice feeling coming. liked janak vision, i also responsibile for if we not child, great thoughts.

Kaikeyi, shown good, but Manthara starting to set up her mind Tera +mera.

Asatavakra, showed janak next path, or meaning was hidden in his words, or janak accepted,'
showed imp of guru words.

so yesterday we got Sita (Bhoomi jaa )

Ram pataince or what we have to do if tough situation comes what we should do, its imp, but more what we can do their betterment its also very imp, then;;;;;;;;;;;;; i own go, or do work for their betterment +relax.

vashisht, guru speechless, when student grass-up guru whole words, Guru garima increases.
or Guru own enters sometime, Monn world secene was like that.

Nice to see you here.

True...

Kaikeyi had a momentary weakness, or fate as someone would call it, when she sends Ram to the forest. I am glad that right now she is being shown as a person who loves Ram as her own son. I am curious to see her transition.

So far liked all the characters... especially Dasharata. They have shown him to have flaws and the one who is extremely scared to lose his son. am glad they touched Shravan Kumar and the curse of his parents.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: sushma_marawi

Wow beautiful post 😊 like the first episode every thing was good but my focus on Sita's entry 😃bg music and songs was superb 👏

Thanks Sushma.😊

I am curious to see Sita's POV going forward. I am glad that they started with her birth, rather than Ram's birth.

Love
Kshithi