The Title of the Show

JilyPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
So this kinda of idiotic question, but Hindi is my third language so please bear with me!😃
So the title of the show is Siya ke Ram, which if I am translating it correctly means Siya's Ram. And I would assume that the show is about Ram, but we all know it is suppose to Sita centric, about her life unfolding prior to marriage, and her perspective of events.

So shouldn't it be titled Ram ke Siya to make it Ram's Siya?

Please help me clear the confusion! It might just be language barrier problem in the end! 😆
Edited by .Regal. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It is ramayan ( story of ram) from sita's perspective, that is, how sita viewed ram and his actions. Hence the title. Hope I am correct.
Edited by Cutemithra - 8 years ago
JilyPotter thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutemithra

It is ramayan ( story of ram) from sita's perspective, that is, how sita viewed ram and his actions. Hence the title. Hope I am correct.

I can follow that it is from her perspective, but the title does not support it. Maybe I am overthinking it.
Cutemithra thumbnail
Siya's ram.. How she viewed ram?
Sorry.. Maybe I am confusing you more. Maybe someone else can be clear enough.
JilyPotter thumbnail

Siya's ram.. How she viewed ram?
Sorry.. Maybe I am confusing you more. Maybe someone else can be clear enough.

That actually helps! I can see how it can inferred that way. I was thinking more of the lines like for example - Khushi ke kitab. Therefore I would think it was about the kitab. Therefore I assumed Siya ke Ram sounded like it was suppose to be about Ram. But I can see how it can be inferred as how Siya sees Ram throughout her story.
Cutemithra thumbnail
Exactly. I am glad it helped. You have made it even more clearer.
JilyPotter thumbnail

Exactly. I am glad it helped. You have made it even more clearer.

Thanks for your help!
Edited by .Regal. - 8 years ago
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
First off -- Krystal D'Souza. Excellent Excellent. Great minds think alike.
And to your topic:

The show is called Maryada Purushottam Siya Ke Ram; or translated: The One Who Follows Rules Ideally -- Sita's Ram.

The name itself suggests that it's about Ram of course, being based on the Ramayan. But the title also has some hidden treats. Maryada Purushottam Ram and Sita's Ram are in a sense two different people. Remember, Ram had complete faith in Sita, he loved her immensely and I highly doubt that Ram ever doubted Sita or thought negative of her in any way. And I do hope that the show explores and tries to show us the various dimensions to Ram's character.

Being that the show is focused mainly through Sita's perspective, Sita's Ram is possessive. For example, yeh Isha ki kitab hain; this is Isha's book. Or Swara ke Sanskar, etc. To phrase it differently, the guy is being possessed by his girl, just as the book is possessed by Isha. And when we mention people like Swara's Sanskar, we don't think of Sanskar as some dog faithfulyl wagging his tail behind Swara or whatever, we see and recognize that it's the love between Swara and Sanskar that makes Sanskar, Swara's. Just like we see the love between Sita and Ram to make Ram, Sita's 😃

Let's flip the wording around and pretend the show is called

Maryada Purushottam Ram ke Siya. This would translate to Ram's Sita, in other words a show that's about Sita, but more specifically Ram's Sita. So we expect more from Ram about Sita.

Does that make sense?

I think this show is going to be about how Ram fights his ideal side for Sita. just as Sita fights her love for Ram's idealness.

Aww that sounds so cool 😆😆
Edited by shyam09 - 8 years ago
JilyPotter thumbnail

Originally posted by: shyam09

First off -- Krystal D'Souza. Excellent Excellent. Great minds think alike.

And to your topic:

The show is called Maryada Purushottam Siya Ke Ram; or translated: The One Who Follows Rules Ideally -- Sita's Ram.

The name itself suggests that it's about Ram of course, being based on the Ramayan. But the title also has some hidden treats. Maryada Purushottam Ram and Sita's Ram are in a sense two different people. Remember, Ram had complete faith in Sita, he loved her immensely and I highly doubt that Ram ever doubted Sita or thought negative of her in any way. And I do hope that the show explores and tries to show us the various dimensions to Ram's character.

Being that the show is focused mainly through Sita's perspective, Sita's Ram is possessive. For example, yeh Isha ki kitab hain; this is Isha's book. Or Swara ke Sanskar, etc. To phrase it differently, the guy is being possessed by his girl, just as the book is possessed by Isha.

Let's flip the wording around and pretend the show is called

Maryada Purushottam Ram ke Siya. This would translate to Ram's Sita, in other words a show that's about Sita, but more specifically Ram's Sita. So we expect more from Ram about Sita.

Does that make sense?

A fellow Krystle lover, always a pleasure!!! :)

I think I understand it! Thanks for breakdown and analyzing it! I think it was thinking around the lines that show is about the possessed item. Like Isha ki kitab, would be about the kitab. But alternatively, it can be viewed as my thoughts about the book. So in other words, we expect Sita's perspective about her Ram.

I am very much excited to see how this story pans outs, and how the Sita's devotion is shown, and Ram's trust in her. This is the first Ramayan retelling I am watching since the Ramanand Sagar version. None of the others have quite lived up!
dazzles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
plz i hv a doubt is it sitha or siya...?