Episode 1- It Begins.

HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
My mouth still hangs open as I ponder over the one hour of sheer bliss and beauty which I saw today. After I finish watching, I realize I'm in the 21st century, literally getting jolted back to present day. For a moment, I had to struggle to get my bearings when I came out of the beautiful dream like state I was in.

The makers have excelled in every way possible. To be honest, this is my first mythological show but I was eagerly looking forward to the same, the story being very close to my heart and I can just say that what I saw today was much more than I ever could have imagined it to be. The minute details, the heavenly background music, the lilting rhythms, the colours, the palaces and even the splendid cast, everything gave me a feel of not only being a viewer, but a spectator amidst everyone.

I was mesmerized right from the very beginning as I saw one of the greatest epic of all times unfold. On one hand, we have King Janak in Mithila,brooding in a dark palace, worrying over the state of his subjects who have since long suffered under the droughts. There is a sense of gloom, a shadow of sadness skulking everywhere. Pale faces yearn for precious water but hopes have begun to wane.On the other hand, we have King Dasharath, gleaming with a shining countenance as he sashays majestically in his beautiful palace.

His kingdom has been flourishing, he radiates peace from outside but underneath is a veneer of constant worry for his sons, especially his son Ram because of the curse which he had once been subjected to. Queen Sumitra calms him down and gives a solution. Queen Kausalya worries over the secret that hasn't been revealed to their sons yet. Queen Kaikeyi cares for Ram as much as she does, for her son and isn't swayed by Mantara's words. Each of them have a different temperament but what binds them together is their love for their children.

The children are under the care of Guru Vashishth who has been entrusted with their education. Ram, a picture of strength, radiance and quiet will is looked upto by his younger brothers. That moment when the crow which circles around him has a glimpse of Lord Vishnu as a halo around Ram meditating on the hilltop brought goosebumps😲 The visual effects were just mesmerisingly beautiful.

Guru Vashisth explains the reason behind Lord Vishnu taking a human form. The dialogues uttered resonated within me, especially taking in light the current scenario in the real world outside. Someone had to lead an example of a life by following Dharma and with his righteousness, to prove that such a life could be led. Compassion and care emanates from the young boy, evident from his words.

The episode ends with King Janak, filled with wonder while holding the little bundle of joy in his arms. His prayers have been answered. He has been blessed with a beautiful baby girl, our Sita Maiyya and Mithila gets its first rain shower in ages.

There were so many moments which made the premiere into an unforgettable one. Looking forward to the coming episodes and I trust that they deliver in style, just as today. **Hi everyone, I apologise for my long post. How did you all like it ? Do like the post if you agree and kindly share your views 😊
Edited by Abhinaya08 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ReahRaj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi,

Haven't watch the episode yet. But, from your beautiful narration. Definitely going to watch it during my lunch break. Haha
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReahRaj

Hi,

Haven't watch the episode yet. But, from your beautiful narration. Definitely going to watch it during my lunch break. Haha

Thank you so much 😊 You really must watch it and do get back to me when you do :D
Edited by Abhinaya08 - 8 years ago
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hi Abhinaya !!!
Hope u have been good dear !!!

Loved ur take here !! u write beautifully. The serial is really well made. It's just been one episode and we are all mesmerised !!!

Kudos to the team. Looking forward to more interactions dear.
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Loved your take, and yes, it's such a beautiful soulful journey. I was watching with my sister n both of us got emotional n teary eyes at some places, specially when Sita maa was born.
I'm already hooked to the show.
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome review abhi. I so wanted to write my review but was not getting time for it( well, let's see if I write it by tonight) but your review perfectly puts the show which it deserve.
I cannot agree more with you on same.

I would like tto know more about Ram's sister.

Dev.
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

hi Abhinaya !!!

Hope u have been good dear !!!

Loved ur take here !! u write beautifully. The serial is really well made. It's just been one episode and we are all mesmerised !!!

Kudos to the team. Looking forward to more interactions dear.

Ruchi πŸ€— So good to see you here :D I'm doing well hun, how about you ? <3
Aww thank you dear 😳 I agree. I was mesmerised throughout and as you said, for the first episode, they have done a fabulous jobπŸ‘

Me too Ruchi :') Hope to see you around! xx
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnnaPaquinFan

Loved your take, and yes, it's such a beautiful soulful journey. I was watching with my sister n both of us got emotional n teary eyes at some places, specially when Sita maa was born.

I'm already hooked to the show.

Thank you so much 😳 It certainly is a beautiful and soulful journey as you've so aptly put <3 That was a heartwarming moment for me as well. Knowing the story and what was going to unfold made it even more significant :') Count me in! Already counting minutes to today's episode
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Dev.*

Awesome review abhi. I so wanted to write my review but was not getting time for it( well, let's see if I write it by tonight) but your review perfectly puts the show which it deserve.

I cannot agree more with you on same.

I would like tto know more about Ram's sister.

Dev.

Dev!! Good to see you hereπŸ˜ƒ Thank you! 😳 Looking forward to your review.
Same here. I was thoroughly impressed with the first episode and hope they continue with the same pace in the future as well πŸ‘
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey Abhi awesome review...πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘