Rate the 1st Episode - Page 3

Poll

How would you rate the first episode of the show?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Check the article on Kaushalya
They did say that they(Dashrath and Kausalya) have some misgivings
May be it will be shown later

Yes, I saw that article on Kaushalya. I was actually concerned about what they wrote since I saw that article, and today's episode only confirmed my misgivings. They are adding unnecessary drama with Kaushalya's character. They can show Kaushalya grieving for Shanta, but for her to be bitter towards Dashrath is against her character. 🤔
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Overall, it was a good episode and I do like the grandeur of the show, but grandeur is not enough for me to keep watching. Ramayan is very close to my heart and I can't bear to see any of the characters distorted in the name of drama. As long as the characters remain true to the epic, I will keep watching. Technology and grandeur are secondary to the story and characters.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Yes, I saw that article on Kaushalya. I was actually concerned about what they wrote since I saw that article, and today's episode only confirmed my misgivings. They are adding unnecessary drama with Kaushalya's character. They can show Kaushalya grieving for Shanta, but for her to be bitter towards Dashrath is against her character. 🤔

It's to early to Judge
Let's give them time for reasoning
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Indeed a unique
Not much Royal costumes Simple and that's touch to me

I am assigned at 8 PM

Also loved casting

Specially Rajrishi Janak and also King Dashrath

Also they are going to introduce Shanta Ram'$ sister ...I am so happy 😛
SenAnu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A 5/5 for the grandeur, concept , acting and actors and truthfulness.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have given 3/5.its OK for first episode. visualizations are really awesome. real story starts after teen age. so I've to wait for conclusion. but first episode makes me worry that CVS will project as Ramayana like Mahabharata. in Mahabharata characters were obsessed to advice others but in Ramayana characters are obsessed with their own self morals. so I think CVS should not make over characters to lose Ramayana's originality.
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I would rate Siya Ke Ram as 4/5.
The execution was very good, but the long episode introduced so many things. Some of which I was not aware of. Hope I will get aware of them with discussions in forum.

I loved Sumitra & Siya's entry.
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
4/5 only because I felt something lacking in Kaikeyi Ma and Kaushalya Ma's character. There was this void I felt. I really can't explain. Otherwise, it was perfect.
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

I have given it a 3/5 because the overall episode is good, and the introductions of the characters is interesting, but I dislike the portrayal of Kaushalya so far as this bitter queen with anger towards her husband.

I have nothing against the fact that they showed the Shanta story in this Ramayan, because it is a popular and well known story, BUT Kaushalya was a very kind and happy woman who treated her husband with the utmost respect and love even though she knew Kaikeyi was his favorite wife. Actually, Sumitra is the queen who is occasionally jealous of Kaikeyi and goes to Kaushalya with complaints of their husband's unfairness, but Kaushalya always assured Sumitra that Dashrath was a fair and kind ruler, and not to think bad about their husband.

Kaushalya is supposed to be kind, wise and just. Why else would Lord Vishnu have been born to her? A woman would have to have an ideal character to bear God in her womb, and the way Nikhil Sinha portrayed Kaushalya, she seems like a very bitter and unhappy woman. Didn't like that very much.

You're only disliked the way they're potraying Maa Kaushalya? I didn't like what they did to Maa Kaikeyi.That was so unlike her. There was a story that Kaikeyi Maa loved Lord Rama more than Maa Kaushalya, Maa Sumitra and Dashratha Ji put together. And that's why she begged Lord Shri Hari Vishnu to choose her to face the wrath of the people for ages to come because she said that she would be lucky and blessed enough to have her name taken in Rama's story, even as the villain. And that was exactly why Lord Rama worshipped her first. She looked like a regular TV soap greyish lady. My heart sunk real bad ever since. After this I saw each and everything with a little doubt. I even ended up frowning at the crow, well only till he came to his human form.
ssrdj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Lovely start.

Though missed @8 pm today, watched at 10:30 pm. But definitely will catch up at 8pm tomorrow.

Quite impressive start..Ramayan has always been my favorite in mythological stories. definitely looking forward for this new version..