Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
One & only thing I don't want to see is Sita's abandonment by Ram due to what Dhobi said because I DO NOT believe it to be true...it's a highly controversial part...one school of thought believes it to be true whereas other does not & says that it was added later... I happen to go with the one that believes it to be FALSE...
I am looking forward to Suderkaand...thats going to be one hell of a solid , power packed anderlaine rush ride.
@Ruchi, there is a proper & apt explanation given in Ramayan to WHY Ram killed Bali hiding behind a tree...it's too long to write here ...I am sure the writers of the show will bring it out very well & your doubts would be laid to rest.
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NavyaKavya30

One & only thing I don't want to see is Sita's abandonment by Ram due to what Dhobi said because I DO NOT believe it to be true...it's a highly controversial part...one school of thought believes it to be true whereas other does not & says that it was added later... I happen to go with the one that believes it to be FALSE...

I am looking forward to Suderkaand...thats going to be one hell of a solid , power packed anderlaine rush ride.
@Ruchi, there is a proper & apt explanation given in Ramayan to WHY Ram killed Bali hiding behind a tree...it's too long to write here ...I am sure the writers of the show will bring it out very well & your doubts would be laid to rest.

Hi Ritu !!

Good to see you here ! 😃

I have read that explanation and I still don't agree to it. Its just about how things are looked at , which angle one is looking at it.

You know in MB too, there is an explanation of each and every act that took place including the giving away of Draupadi by King Yudhisthir in the game of dice !! Can u believe this ...😕.

I guess even in yester years things were written from the perspective of Men so most of the explanations justify their actions. OF course this is open to debate and is how I take it only.

Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
1. I really want to see how will they handle Agniparishka and other controversial issues which often become matters of heated debate.

2. I don't want to see stupid things added just for extending the length of the show. As far as they portray sensible things with care, I am happy..

3. That this is about Sita's POV. This is my favourite part about and of this show. 😃
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

i have a question. the promo started with 'maun rehne se achha hai prashn karna' and in the second promo too 'mujhe achha lagta hai prashna karna" has highlighted.

I ve seen many characterizations of sita on tv n i dont remember anyone showing sita as someone who asked a lot of questions. is that a part of sita's character that we have missed or is it just this show?

It was shown on Sita as a child. While learning or in day to day life out of curiosity questions are asked to know, understand things we are unaware of. It's part of learning process & growing up. So that sentance sounds like a child eager to know, understand.
"Prashna puchna swahbhav hay mera", is shown for grown up Sita. Sounds natural too here, is a quality of a good student.
The context in which many are taking this as an unacceptable quality of Sita is with referance to her later life. After marriage etc. By that time, she has learned a lot & based on her understanding, she may not have asked questions.

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
1.I am curious to see the tag line of the show being visualized
Ramyan in Sita's perspective

2.It's not like I don't want to see
As all are part of the story
But I don't like agnipariksha and Sita's abandonment

3. Swayamvar is my fav part
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

Hi Ritu !!

Good to see you here ! 😃

I have read that explanation and I still don't agree to it. Its just about how things are looked at , which angle one is looking at it.

You know in MB too, there is an explanation of each and every act that took place including the giving away of Draupadi by King Yudhisthir in the game of dice !! Can u believe this ...😕.

I guess even in yester years things were written from the perspective of Men so most of the explanations justify their actions. OF course this is open to debate and is how I take it only.

Ruchi I get it
Though there are reasoning but not justification
That's why will still debate it
Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mnx12

It was shown on Sita as a child. While learning or in day to day life out of curiosity questions are asked to know, understand things we are unaware of. It's part of learning process & growing up. So that sentance sounds like a child eager to know, understand.
"Prashna puchna swahbhav hay mera", is shown for grown up Sita. Sounds natural too here, is a quality of a good student.
The context in which many are taking this as an unacceptable quality of Sita is with referance to her later life. After marriage etc. By that time, she has learned a lot & based on her understanding, she may not have asked questions.

I agree. Even I was confused when I saw the promo because there are not the usual qualities of Sita. But then, we should wait to see how they show. As long as they stick to the original epic's content, I am fine with it. But that doesn't me they have to restrict their approach. They can present the content by their analysis as well. As long as it stands true for the character.
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Ruchi I get it
Though there are reasoning but not justification
That's why will still debate it

yes Mano , these have always been debatable and will continue to be !!! Because everyone gives a reasoning basis their understanding which of course varies and will vary with different people !

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Question 1: What do you want to see in this serial?
I love the concept of the show. NDTV's Ramayan set the benchmark for me. I was a crazy fan of the show & the leads (Gurmeet-Debina). So, I hope that this show can live upto my expectations.
Since this show is from Sita's POV, I want to know more about her childhood, the things which shaped her, made her into the iconic woman that she became. 😊
Also, I want to see how they handle all the controversial parts of the epic.

Question 2: What do you NOT want to see in this serial?
I don't want to see fictional OTT tracks meant to white-wash characters & too-much dragging scenes.

Question 3: What is your favorite part in the Ramayan?
This is tough. 🤔 In NDTV's, it was the first meet in the garden & the swayamvar scene. ⭐️😃
KURT15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
1. I want to see the unravelling of the mystery of Sita's birth, how she came to be in a box buried in earth
2. I do not wish to see characters that have no relation to their epic counterparts
3. I never cared much for the Ramayana, so I really don't have any favourite scenes here