Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
This topic is digressing. I think Konkona made a valid point, about actresses in their 30's not being accepted and about fairer-skinned heroines getting more leeway.
However, i think many ppl in my circle love Koko and abhor Katrina. So its subjective.

Second, talent and skills may not equal market value in a male-dominated society like Bollywood, but at the same time there are enough people who also like quality and would rather watch talented ppl like Koko than Katrina and Sonam anyday. Multiplex audiences, for instance.
Edited by illuminated. - 8 years ago
kumro-potash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Konkona never said that she isn't getting roles or she isn't happy with the roles she is getting. Did she?? She just made a general comment which is true for most actresses with average looks. Konkona is the luckiest one in her lot. Look at her careergraph- the characters she has played- only a fool can say that she said this out of frustration. Not just critical acclaim but commercial success too. Her bengali film- Goynar Baksho- was probably the most successful commercial bengali film in 2013 and she isn't out of work either. Talvar is her 3rd/4th film in 2015. If not bollywood, then in regional films she is doing good work and getting paid well too.
I don't see anything wrong in what she said.
Edited by kumro-potash - 8 years ago
1044164 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

There will always be dumb ppl who like dumb actresses and smart ppkl who like talent and skills rather than Barbie doll features.

Why the heck are you putting word in fans mouth?

Bash the celebrity as much as you want.Call them whatever you want,but why are you calling their fans dumb?

By your logic the people who fangirl pseudo-feminists,fakest,manipulated,b*itch etc are pseudo feminists,fakest,manipulated,b*tchs?
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with her. Too bad that women are written off once they reach 30s or so. It's not the same case in Hollywood though. Hopefully people's perception and attitude will change in future
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hermione82

Koko doesn't hide her spot/pimples with layer of make ups . She is what you see unlike so called fashionistas of bollywood

And she does not badmouth actresses who decide to concentrate on their craft rather than being a fake fashionista hiding under 346899 layers of make up!
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
One thing one must visit this forum once , bcoz each fandom expose other star who sell us illusion. 😆 regarding rest I like konkana as actress but the market which guide us may be don't agree .
Edited by Bazigar - 8 years ago
807116 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fivestars

LMAO !!

u hit the bully eye !😆

bringing sonams without make up photes and call her ugly and what not !but when konkana says the same, people praise her to skies..😆

I supported Sonam's beauty in that thread. She has got nice features. But her attitude towards beauty is not same as Konkana's. She gives importance to looks in her statements. There was a blind, where she made fun of her co star Dhanush for his looks. When you carry such attitude, you can't cry fowl.
807116 thumbnail

Originally posted by: siddhitifan

well vidya is still a good actress but she cant get a hit now aftre marriage ...vidya is not bad looking either..u dnt have to be barbie actress to look beautiful

we want to watch movies of juhi, karishma,mads etc but when they come out with their movies, do we flock at the theatres? if so then why did madhuri,juhi, rani..all fails...they may get critical acclaim but the buisness is not that great like the others...people want to see young actresses, its a truth...this forum may be an exception but thats the reality in india ( i am talking about majority)

even in hollywood most of the old actress maintains thmselves so well...look at jennifer anniston, anjie..and others..most of them have stunning figures.(well hollywood is little differnt though.people there accept great actors over beautiful chaps so may be comparison is not so apt)...this is visual medium,,u have to look good along with being a good actor probably but since in india actress oriented films are not so popular so beauty is a must for them...even when people make actress oriented movies ,actresses need to have that charm and good looks...

The problem I face while watching these actresses are, most of the movies tend to be feminist. Whether it is English Vinglish or Mardaani, they don't have a proper male lead. I did like them because of their script. But this need not have to be the rule (No proper male lead).

It does not happen with Khans (except probably for Salman). They have a female lead and story involves both of them. Yes, Gulaab Gang with Madhuri and Juhi did not work. Instead of them, put two Khans without any heroine. Will it work? Movie needs balance. Amongst females, only Kajol got such mainstream opportunities and her films worked. Rest are restricted to female oriented films.
Edited by flipfl0p - 8 years ago
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Who has time to go into her looks when she blows you out with her acting A true successor to Tabu in BW .. It's not just the director, sometimes you can just see her subtle inputs brought to the character/expressions which awes you.. Absolutely REGAL as an actress..
Anyone can do a surgery and change the skintone to become a walking neon-bulb like Yami, but becoming an actress at the per of Konkona is not everyone's cup of tea.. ! Current BW heroines can try 7 lifetimes and fail..
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

OMFG, for one split of a second, i thought she was Sonam Kapoor in Shehla Khan! 😲 Styling, saree, demeanor, omfg!