Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ILoveSonam

Not only fashionistas,all the duskies look the same without make-up tho.😛

Sonam has pimples?As far as i know she's a dusky with darker circles around eyes.Nothing else.In fact she has good facial features.She herself posts her without make-up pics on Twitter/Insta.

exactly! if people like natural beauty as some are claiming here! then they should even like sonam's are whoever without make up na?

sonam has sharp facial features which koko is lacking !

1044164 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fivestars

exactly! if people like natural beauty as some are claiming here! then they should even like sonam's are whoever without make up na?

sonam has sharp facial features which koko is lacking !

If Sonam is ugly without makeup the so are all the dusky actresses who put tonnes of makeup.Aish,PC,Bips,Deepika,Kajol etc all of them look fugly without makeup.(I've posted some pics on previous page).😆

Edited by ILoveSonam - 8 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Point to be made here is all these other actresses who hide their real complexion under layers of white makeup DO get lead roles because of the desi obsession with fair skin.
But Konkona doesnt hide her real face so she doesnt get roles, even though shes quite pretty and a great actress!
Siddymfc thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I think this was true more before. Deepika romanced Srk when she was 21 and Katrina with salmon when she was 21 as well. That's very young! If Alia bhatt who is now this age romanced Srk and salman it would not be accepted by audiences. I think the elder heros- the khans have reached a point where they are unable to romance young women because it visually looks wrong. It's awkward to watch. Also cinema is chaninging so I feel her statement is outdated. But it's also true to the extent that youth and beauty for women is sometimes a priority over talent. But honestly if that's a priority for an actress- she wont last in the industry. Katrina just got lucky with the time frame she was in. I feel like there needs to be more roles for women of all ages overall. And it's about time the khans romance women there own age. It's a discriminatory
1043801 thumbnail
So if you cover your face with make-up, you get called out for hiding your imperfections and if you don't, even then get called out for displaying the imperfections...LMAO, the double edged sword.

Frankly speaking, there is nothing wrong with using make-up to hide your imperfections if it makes one more confident and presentable. In this age, who doesn't. Sure one can blame the society, norm etc etc, but it is what it is. Most of us want to look attractive cuz end of the day humans are shallow and they get drawn to beauty. Bitter or not, that's the reality. No wonder the multimillion beauty industry.

As for BW, every actress out there uses layers of make-up in movies to hide their imperfections, at least in the commercial cinemas whether it's Miss fashionita or Safedi ki chamkar Deepika or the plastic queens. No wonder we get the flawless porcelain finish. Even Konkona herself has done the same in Wake-up Sid. She hasn't given us Ooo so natural face in that movie. End of the day, beauty sells, the same reason why even heroes plaster their hideous faces to hide their imperfections.

Anyways, OT: It's the same old debate. And it won't end until and unless society gets revamped. Not only BW, even HW is all about men doing the super action sequences while heroines play the damsel in distress. Of course exceptions are there. So yeh, it's the worldly obsession with beauty.

745671 thumbnail
Everyone is obsessed with beauty but unfortunately Indians are quite self-hating and obsess about the type of beauty almost none of them actually posses.

That's why they go crazy over someone like Aishwarya with her light eyes or even Hrithik on the male side. Those light eye-light skin genes are hardly there in the desi population so it's weird that they consider almost the whole country ugly.

At least white people appreciate their own kind of beauty and don't constantly call the majority of their population ugly because they're too light.

Even on this forum, everyone jumps in to show how saintly they are when the topic of skin lightning products comes up but then spend the rest of their time calling everyone dark-skinned ugly in other topics.
Edited by anonymous39 - 8 years ago
-Vaishvi- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ILoveSonam

That happens in this forum specially If the actress is NOT their favourite!😆

AMEN to that!
JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Siddymfc

I think this was true more before. Deepika romanced Srk when she was 21 and Katrina with salmon when she was 21 as well. That's very young! If Alia bhatt who is now this age romanced Srk and salman it would not be accepted by audiences. I think the elder heros- the khans have reached a point where they are unable to romance young women because it visually looks wrong. It's awkward to watch. Also cinema is chaninging so I feel her statement is outdated. But it's also true to the extent that youth and beauty for women is sometimes a priority over talent. But honestly if that's a priority for an actress- she wont last in the industry. Katrina just got lucky with the time frame she was in. I feel like there needs to be more roles for women of all ages overall. And it's about time the khans romance women there own age. It's a discriminatory

Then what is uncle Salman doing romancing Sonam?
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This total obsession with beauty and makeup must be a recent trend because Smita Patil and Amitabh Bachchan were big stars back in the 80s, and both were not conventionally good-looking or fair skinned. Smita did not put on layers of white paint either. And yet people loved her because of her acting skills. She acted in many commercially successful blockbusters as well as in parallel cinema.
Seems desis are getting more obsessed with pale complexions. 🥱
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If ugly HR and kajol can make it to superstardom, anyboby can. Ask Ajay.
The problem is audience- we ppl. We r the ones who drool over beauty rather than the art-acting.

So, what the producers do? Make money or go bankrupt?

Over the years, some gr8 looking guys and girls have been vanished. And some not so good looking ppl r still here. They all have personal preferences we dont know. It also takes a PR (not some fake team) to swim under the water. If cant swim, u better leave.

Its a shobiz, not charity like 3%. Therez a whole package- Looks, talents, PR, choices, ambitions, spotlights, media, fan following... etc.. Its not looks. I like to Irrfan Khan more than Neil Nitin Mukesh on screen. I like to see Kajol more than sodumb kapoor on screen. Do U?

Why? the package... that has talent FIRST and foremost.

Baki yeh rona dona chalta rahega. "only ugly ppl r considered good actors" and "BW is biased for only beauty".

They dont even know they r humiliating themselves. Be proud in ur own skin. World is cruel but be gentle to urselves.