Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Unfortunately beauty sells. If many people find you pretty you are in good hands. Just how it goes. We humans get attracted to beautiful people. One actually has to train her mind to overcome this human nature!

In any case...Konkona is so not ugly!
870349 thumbnail
Ofcourse she would say that . She's ugly πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Iconoclast.

Why just Bollywood? If people spot a brown actress with no makeup then she's called ugly. Only Kareena, Katrina, Shradha are considered beautiful with no makeup.

yes most of ththese actresses are average looking and use makeup or surgeries to hide their flaws...becoz beauty matters not in bollywood but in reality too... Ppl get attracted to looks of a person first then his or her qualities...beauty sells in bollywood it is just like a part of their profession to look beautiful n glamorous all the time..
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yeah sour grapes irks me too konkona !
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Vidya has got nice features too...
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
She is a brilliant actress!

Its really unfortunate if she doesn't get work because she is not conventionally good looking!

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
My original favorite actress...koko is my love but of course still love deepuπŸ˜†

I find Koko beautiful in her own way so call me crazy if you want. She's a very talented actress and I know people would consider her ugly but she's not ugly in my eyes. I love Mr and Mrs Iyer
448368 thumbnail
I love Konkona and I find her beautiful she is one of my favorites. Unfortunately bollywood is ruled by untalented and overrated hacks.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
She is not ugly! She night not be breathtakingly beautiful but defo not ugly!

Her natural acting makes up for anything she is missing looks!

She could overshadow MD in Aaja nachle with her unglamorous role so you can imagine what a fine actress she is!
Riseofaliens thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

That is not really true, then non Barbie actresses like Vidya Balan would not have big hits like Kahani with mainly good story and direction.

Sridevi made a brilliant comeback at the age of 49 with English Vinglish, didnt she?

The problem is lack of opportunities and good scripts for the older heroines. The producers themselves have a backward mindset and choose much younger heroines opposite old heros.

The fault is not with audiences, they will appreciate good movies with older actresses, but they dont get that option.
Many of us still want to watch movies with Juhi, Kajol, Rani, Raveena, Karishma etc. starring with their old heros...but how many chances do we get?

well vidya is still a good actress but she cant get a hit now aftre marriage ...vidya is not bad looking either..u dnt have to be barbie actress to look beautiful

we want to watch movies of juhi, karishma,mads etc but when they come out with their movies, do we flock at the theatres? if so then why did madhuri,juhi, rani..all fails...they may get critical acclaim but the buisness is not that great like the others...people want to see young actresses, its a truth...this forum may be an exception but thats the reality in india ( i am talking about majority)

even in hollywood most of the old actress maintains thmselves so well...look at jennifer anniston, anjie..and others..most of them have stunning figures.(well hollywood is little differnt though.people there accept great actors over beautiful chaps so may be comparison is not so apt)...this is visual medium,,u have to look good along with being a good actor probably but since in india actress oriented films are not so popular so beauty is a must for them...even when people make actress oriented movies ,actresses need to have that charm and good looks...

and about scripts , yes i agree our indian writers lack something or may be they just dnt want to work hard for ugly looking actresses, that u can say..even if they come up with good scripts their first choices are always the actresses who are good looking and thats something which is really bad

about sridevi, well sometimes it works...puli failed right? why? konkana also succeded in wake up sid ..and mr and mrs iyer... but is she a popular and bankable star? no...

and the audience u r talking about is a minority...these actress oriented films mainly survives because of multiplexes..

and if u ask my opinion, i would like to see older actresses with the older heroes..definately. but then all dnt think like that way..if u look at people of backward classes they wont go to watch film of older actresses..they will go for deepika, katrina.etc. and our country consist of mainly these people. so producers always tends to think of that way