TOI:JDJ's youngest winner,Faisal Khan wants to be a Bollywood hero

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Faisal Khan might be just 17 but he has already won two dance shows - 'Dance India Dance' and now 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded', besides bagging the lead role in the historical show 'Bharat Ka Veer Putra-Maharana Pratap'. 

After winning 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', Faisal spoke to us about his journey on the dance show and moving closer to his dream of becoming a Bollywood hero. Excerpts from a chat:

The feeling hasn't sunk in 

I can't believe I've won! The feeling hasn't sunk in yet. Jab mera fourth week ka performance hua tha, tab mujhe apna pehla 40 mila. When we got the finale ticket, we still couldn't believe that one of us could be the winner. Sanaya (Irani) didi was the last one left with me and I really thought she might win, but it was a pleasant surprise when my name was announced. Before the finale, all I could think of was that we should give it our best. 

I want to become a Bollywood hero 

Yahaan par jo perform kar rahein hain woh sab achhe hain. All the contestants were really good performers. I won Dance India Dance and now this show. Abhi Nach Baliye ke liye toh bahut bada hona padega! I want to become famous and I want everyone to love me. I believe in God and pray to Him to fulfil my wishes. I want to become a hero. Agar mujhmein saari abilities dikhengi, jaise ki acting aur dancing, toh main shaayad hero ban jaunga. 

Had declined the show last year 

I wanted to win Jhalak. I was approached for the last season of the show as well, but I couldn't take it up since I was doing Maharana Pratap at that time. I thought I could do the show if the dates could have been adjusted, but that wasn't possible. Also, I wanted to give this show my 100% so I declined the offer then.

I'm the youngest contestant to have won the show 

Agar dance show hota hai toh usmein ek-do hafte ke baad sab log achha dance karna seekh jaate hain. It doesn't matter if you are a dancer or not. Lauren ma'am is a good dancer and she participated with Punit bhaiya as her choreographer. Even she didn't win. The whole time I was aiming to work hard so that the audience would pick me as the winner. Also, I'm the youngest contestant to win the show. 

In the face-off challenge, dressing up like a woman worked for me 

But there were ups and downs. In the third week when we were given the theme of 'motion', I got mixed reviews for my performance. Then, for one of the episodes Siddharth (Nigam), who plays Ashoka in Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat, had joined us and we didn't get good scores. There was this one time when I landed in the danger zone along with Radhika didi (Madan). Radhika didi is a really good dancer but I defeated her in the face-off. I dressed up like a girl for the dance and I think that worked for me. 

The credit for this win goes to my family, and dance partner Vaishnavi 

My family, my dance partner Vaishnavi and my choreographer supported me throughout the show. I don't think I could have gotten a better dance partner than Vaishnavi. I think, with her talent she will also be a participant on the show one day. I have three younger sisters and they would learn my dance steps so that they could practise with me when I got back home after my rehearsal. In fact, when we performed Lavani, they were the ones who gave me tips on how to show nakhras and how to utilize my facial expressions. 

Want to go to Ajmer Dargah and Shirdi to thank God 

Besides the trophy, I have also won a car and the prize money of '30lakh. I will drive the car when I go to college and the prize money is for my parents. They will decide what to do with it. Agar bulaawa aayega, toh hum Ajmer Sharif Dargah aur Shirdi darshan karne zaroor jaayenge.

Saloni Bhatia,TNN | Oct 11, 2015, 12.00 AM IST | Reality TV
Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
congrats Faisal 👏 and all the best for your future 👍🏼
TFS 😊
.LoveLife. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
How I love this boy. ❤️ All the best to him. 
Paytonlee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Such a nice interview. made me smile. he has no air of arrogance in him. i hope he stays like this always. I hope he becomes a very successful man. My prayers and wishes are with him
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
He has all makings of a hero and seems to be level headed and age is on his side

So hope his career turns out to be much better than previous JDJ winners, most of them didn't do much good work after that

I am always impressed by child stars and entertainers  - I don't think FK is a child star but still he is very young - because everything happens in the public eye. Handling rejection, loss and even winning and success when being in the public eye is not easy for adults, so I am impressed when kids do it 😊
Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: -PD-

congrats Faisal 👏 and all the best for your future 👍🏼

TFS 😊

Wishing him all the best 
Waida1234 thumbnail
Such a cute interview...! All the best for your future...and may Allah make all your wishes come true...and one day you become a very big Bollywood Star or a VIP of your country...! 

fatssrilanka thumbnail
Lovely interview. He had no airs about himself and is so humble. May Allah Almighty fulfill all his wishes and reaches great heights. 
_Rini_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awww! I so admire him! Hehe, Nach Baliye ke liye bada hona padega and you'll have to fall in love first! 😛 The girl will be lucky as hell I bet!
melodica thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Had a very wide smile on my face reading this.. he is such a darling ❤️
Tfs..🤗

P.S. i luved it da way he said nach baliye k liye toh bohot bada hona padega 😆