Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pcnsb thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Chapter 11

Zahir's POV

He stood by the huge glass window staring the busy roads of Mumbai as his last conversation with his parents replayed in his mind.

"Things are bit complicated!" I began as both of them exchanged confused glances. With a deep sigh, he narrated whatever Seher told him that day.

"So..yeah ! This is it.." I concluded as I looked at them expectantly while they were expressionless.
"Zahir.." Omar cleared his throat as he began, "Tumhe pata hai tum kya karne jaa rahe ho ?" He asked in a low voice.

"Kya matlab?" I asked confused.
"Don't get me wrong but.. " he stopped to shot a worried glance towards Maryam and continued, "Kya tumne iss baare mein thik se socha hai? Kyunki abhi shayad tumhe sab kuch aasan lag raha hai.. lekin yeh itna asaan nahi hai.."

I exhaled deeply, "Dad.."

"Nahi.. listen to me! I hope tumne apne iss decision ke consequences ke baare mein thik se socha hai.. kyunki aage chal kar agar seher ki family yaa uske maazi ko lekar koi bhi masla hota hai toh woh tumhe face karna padega." Omar stated it as a matter of fact.

"I agree dad, but honestly mujhe iss baat se koi farak nahi padhta ki woh divorced hai.." I tried to explain my point but they looked unsure.
"Trust me, Seher sach mein ek bahout achhi insaan hai.. woh chahti toh yeh saari baatein hum se chuppa sakti thi.. mujhse nahi toh aap dono se he sahi.. lekin usne aisa nahi kiya ! In fact woh chahti hai ki sab kuch aap dono ki razamandi ke saath ho.." I said.

"I hope this isn't out of sympathy!" Maryam finally spoke up.

"No.. definitely not! I love her mom!" I replied almost immediately.

"Main usse milna chahti hu.. uske baad he hum kuch sochenge iss baare mein." She replied with an underline of finality in her tone.

Main khush bhi hu aur hairaan bhi.. dono ki wajah mom hai.. honestly speaking, main toh full on dramatic reaction expect kar raha tha.. but on contrary mom was much relaxed and calm! Now before she decides anything she wants to meet her.. idk seher kaise react karne wali hai!

He looked at his watch, 1:30 ! He walked towards his table and dailed seher's number on intercom. After two rings, she picked up, "Hello! Yes sir?"

"Seher I hope you remember we have a lunch with Mr Sahni today!"

"Yup.. I do! At 2, isn't it?"

"Yeah.. it's 1:30 already. Hume chalna chahiye?"

"Hmm.."

"I'm waiting for you in the parking !" Saying so I ended the call, grabbed my Blackberry and headed towards the parking. She reached there in another 5 mins as they left for the hotel.

After a drive of 15 mins or so, they reached the hotel and secured a table in a corner, secluded from the main dining area so that the meeting can take place without much interruptions.

"They are late.." I exclaimed looking at my watch.

"Or stuck in traffic?" Seher suggested.

"Maybe!" I replied as I tapped my fingers on the table just when my phone buzzed. It was Mr Sahni.

"Yes, Mr Sahni? We've reached the hotel.. waiting for you."

"..."

"Ahh.. okay! No problem.. I understand." I said as I ended the call while seher looked at me quizzically.

"Mumbai traffic!"

Seher chuckled, "Told ya!"

Zahir too smiled, "Madam's always right!"

"Undoubtedly.. anyways.. howz Aqira? And uncle, aunty? Woh aane wale the na iss weekend?" Seher asked.

"Haan.. aaye hue hai! Aqira.. uske baare mein mat puchho.. kehne ke liye mere saath rehne aayi hai par majal hai ghar par ek din bhi ruki ho! Kabhi yeh khareedna hai, kabhi woh.." I replied which earned another chuckle from Seher.

"Khair I won't blame her for that.. Shopping karna hum ladkiyon ka birth right hai.."

"Achha jee.. ? Tumhe bhi pasand hai shopping karna?"

"Of course .." Seher replied as if it was something very obvious.

"Hmm.. toh iska matlab shaadi ke baad mujhe apna wallet tumse bacha kar rakhna padega.."

"Nahi.. that is not advisable!"

"Kyu bhala?"

"It's very simple, to lead a happy married life.. shauhar ko humesha apni biwi ko khush rakhna chahiye!"

"Ahaan.. aur biwi ko khush rakhna ka tareeka use shopping karao?"

"One of the ways.."

"Thik hai.. tum wallet chhodo I'll give you credit card directly!"

"Sounds better.." Seher replied which was followed by a hearty laugh. He looked at her adoringly. She has opened up quite a lot, and was much relaxed and comfortable with him around. No more jittery and nervous like she used to be or still is, when she meets new people.

Zahir cleared his throat, as he leaned a bit on the table, "Maine mom - dad se baat ki.." I spoke up in a low voice.

Her smile disappeared almost immediately, as she looked down at her hands, "And..?"

"Mom tumse milna chahti hai!"

Her head shot up as soon as she heard this and looked at him unbelievingly.

"Tumse milne ke baad he woh kuch decide karengi.."

Seher nodded, as she began to say something but decided against it. Zahir gently held her hand encouraging her to speak up, "Aap jaante hai na.. interaction is one of my lacking points.. main.. main bahout jaldi nervous ho jaati hu.. I don't want to mess up!" She replied with a deep sigh.

"I know you won't mess up! " I replied confidently but she looked unsure.

"Seher.. I know interaction tumhara weak point hai... but tumhe yeh karna padega! Humare liye karna padega.."

Seher nodded, "Just be yourself.. and I'm very sure mom bhi tumhe utna he pasand karengi jitna ki main karta hu." I added smiling encouragingly. She too smiled a bit.

Soon enough Mr Sahni arrived with his team and meeting took place. All this while, he could sense the tension in Seher's body language.

Seher's POV

Shit... shit... shit..
Abb main kya karungi? Pata nahi woh mujhse kya puchhengi ?
Main unhe pasand toh aungi na? Or nahi aayi toh?

Agar maine apni nervousness ke chalte kuch gadbad kar di toh?
Zahir ne pata nahi kya kya bola hoga mere baare mein?
Allah.. Main unhe embarrass nahi karna chahti !

Seher nervously paced around the room while Hina was observing her with bored expressions.

"Kya Seher? Tum toh aise nervous ho rahi ho jaise pata nahi kaunsa aasmaan tut pada ho?" Hina spoke up which earned a deadly glare from Seher.

"What ?! Tum dono shaadi karna chahte ho, toh it's pretty obvious ki Zahir ki mom tumse milna chahengi !"

"I know..." I replied as I sat down near Hina with a deep sigh, "Main kahin na kahin iske liye tyaar bhi thi .. lekin.."

"Lekin kya?"

"Lekin.. yeh sab itna jaldi hoga maine nahi socha tha.." I confessed and Hina started laughing. I looked at her confused.

"What is so funny in this?" I asked with narrow eyes.

"Tujhe jhooth bolna nahi aata.. toh koshish kyu karti hai?"

Maine kya jhooth bola..?

"Hina tum pagal ho chuki ho.. maine kya jhooth bola?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"Yeh he ki tu expect he nahi kar rahi thi Zahir ke parents sab kuch jaanne ke baad bhi tumse se milne mein interested honge?"

Point hai! Maine iss tarah se toh socha he nahi..

"Aisa kuch... nahi hai." I replied.

Yeh baat mere zehen mein kyu nahi aayi..

"Oh toh tumhe yakeen tha ki Zahir apne parents ko convince kar lega?" Hina added as she naughtily nudged her. Seher could feel the crimson color rising up her cheeks.

"Oye hoye! Sharmana warmana bhi shuru ho gaya!" Hina teased her again as Seher's blush grew deeper. Almost unknowingly a beautiful smile adorned her lips.

Hina gently side hugged her, "Jitna yakeen tumhe Zahir pe tha.. uska agar 5% yakeen bhi tum khud pe karlo toh dekhna sab kuch thik se ho jayega.. khud pe thoda aitbaar karo aur isi tarah muskurati raha karo.."
Seher nodded as she took in deep breath.

"Chal I'll help you with dress!" Hina said as she got up and made her way towards Seher's cupboard.

Ajeeb baat hai... sach mein mere zehen mein ek dafa bhi yeh baat nahi aayi ki sab kuch jaanne ke baad Zahir parents mujhse milna nahi chahenge.. Kya sach mein mujhe Zahir pe itna bharosa tha ki woh apne parents ko convince kar he lenge..?

Seher smiled to herself, as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Meanwhile Hina appeared in front of her with two dresses, first one was a green anarkali and the other one was blue anarkali.

"I think green one tujhpe zyada suit karega!"

"Nahi yaar! Uska neck bahout deep hai.."

"Seher?!"

"Hina!"

"Fine.. blue wala bhi achha lagega.." Hina replied disappointed. She turned around to leave but then, "You have to let it go someday!"

"I know.. but that day isn't tomorrow!" I replied with a brief smile.

Or anytime soon.. Hina mujhe baar baar insist karti hai that I shouldn't be ashamed of that scar..in her words, that scar belongs to me, I don't belong to that scar.. and somewhere she is right as well.. par pata nahi kyu? I just can't bring myself to...to expose it...

Shayad main darrti hu ki sab kaise react karenge.. yaa main unki aakhon mein sympathy dekhne se bachti hu.. yaa phir unn sawalon se iss nishaan ke saath Jude hue hai... Jo bhi hai there's one thing I am very sure of, I'm not going to let it go!

Zahir's POV
Zahir walked out of the washroom, drying his hairs with a towel. He threw the towel away on the bed as he walked towards the mirror to comb when his mobile buzzed. He looked at the screen... Seher.
"Hello!"

"Assalam walekum!"

"Walekum salam!"
Then there was silence.. no one knew what to say. Today was a big day for both of them. His mom was all set to meet Seher and decide the fate of their relationship.

"Kuch bologi nahi?" I finally broke the silence .

"Aap kuch bolo!" She replied.

"Sab thik hoga Seher.. don't underestimate urself!"

"I hope so.. aap mujhe bataye is there something I need to know? I mean unki likes aur dislikes ke baare mein... unhe kis tarah ke log impress karte hai.. unka fav color for that matter?" Seher piled up her questions while Zahir was amused.

"Seher... don't do this. Tumhe kisi ko bhi impress karne ke liye apne aap ko change karne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.. tum jaisi ho mujhe pasand ho aur main chahta hu ki mom bhi tumhe unhi qualities ke pasand kare jo maine tum mein dekhi hai.."

"Hmm..."

"Kya hmm? Samajh aayi meri baat?"

"Jee .. " she replied and then after a brief pause, "Kaunsi qualities btw??"

Zahir chuckled, "Woh toh main nahi bataunga!"

"Kyu?"

"Kyunki maine suna hai ki kisi ladki zyada tareef karo toh uska dimag satve aasman pe pahuch jata hai.. aur mujhe koi shauk nahi tumhara dimag satve aasman pe pahuchane ka!"

"Hawww..aap bahout bure ho.."

"Achha jee? Chalo koi nahi.. tum sudhar dena, shaadi ke baad. Sudhar paogi?"

"Khuda hafiz!" She replied hurriedly.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Khuda hafiz" Saying so I ended the call to be greeted by mischievous smile of my sister, Aqira. Zahir gave her what-is-it expressions but she continued smiling.
"Kya hai?" I asked her irritated.

"Hona kya hai? Naashta lag gaya hai aajao !" She replied with a straight face. How much she loved teasing him. Zahir moved his head in disbelief as he turned around to comb his hair.

Annoying lil sisters..
Seher ko toh keh diya maine ki nervous hone ki zaroorat nahi hai, sab kuch thik hoga.. but am I myself sure of it?!
Pata nahi aaj kya hone wala hai..

Zahir looked at his reflection in the mirror as he took in a deep breath and made his way to the dining room. Omar and Aqira were already settled on their places and Maryam too walked in with dishes. Zahir gently snapped on Aqira's head, "Ouch.. papa!"

"Kya Papa? Mom ki help karde thodi.." I replied as I took the dishes from her while she went inside to bring more.

"Dekh rahi ho mumma aap?! Impress kar raha hai aapko!"
Zahir made a face while settling down on his seat, while Maryam too joined them.
"Mujhe kisi ko impress karne ki zaroorat nahi hai.." I said as I bite into my toast.

"Pata hai hume.. par shayad tumhe yeh nahi pata ki aaj Seher se milne mumma ke saath main bhi jaa rahi hu.."

"Kyu? Tum kya karogi wahan?"

"Main kuch bhi karu.. tum itna dhyaan rakho ki aaj ke faisle mein mera bhi contribution hoga!" She replied pointing her fork towards Zahir.

Zahir raised his eyebrows with bored expressions, "Main darr gaya!"

Aqira was about to say something when Omar interrupted, "Stop it both of you! Kya bachho ki tarah ladte rehte ho?"

"Yeh he shuru karta hai!" Aqira complained as she looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Oh please.."
"Zahir! Aqira!" Omar called out sternly. Both of them fell quiet as they exchanged deadly glares.

Zahir drove through the busy roads of Mumbai with his mom sitting by his side and Aqira on passenger seat. He had planned their meeting in a nearby coffee house. He tapped his fingers on the steering when his phone rang. It was Seher. She must have reached there.

"Hello.. haan? Pahuch gayi tum?"
"..."
"Good..hum bhi bas pahuch rahe hai!"

After few mins, he killed the engine in front of a coffee house. It was a small construction entirely made up of wood and climber roses woven around the pillars, giving it an alluring look. They made their way inside the coffee house. From interiors as well, the coffee house was no less than a beauty with circular wooden tables and scented candles. As soon as they entered, Zahir spotted Seher sitting on a corner table, having some conversation with a little girl. She was looking absolutely gorgeous in her blue anarkali. She pulled the chubby cheeks of the little girl with a smile and almost unknowingly a wide smile adorned his face as well. She then picked her up in her arms and made her sit on her lap, talking to her animatedly. She laughed on her innocent talks as she looked up to find Zahir standing nearby along with his mom and sister.
Seher let go of the little girl but only after kissing her lovingly. She waved her good bye while Zahir walked up to her table. She smiled warmly as Zahir introduced them. Though she was smiling and all, but he could see the traces of nervousness in her eyes. Aqira hugged her warmly, making her a bit comfortable. Seher gestured them to sit down, but Zahir took his leave owing to some official work.
As he was about to leave, Aqira held his hand, "Don't worry.. I will handle!" She smiled assuringly and he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.
"Thank you!" I whispered as I hugged her.
No matter how much they fought on petty things, when needed one would be by other's side without a word. Maybe that is the beauty of brother sister relationship.

Seher's POV

Three of the ladies settled down on the table after Zahir left. There was an awkward silence for a while, none of them knew how to start when Aqira spoke up, "Aap bahout achhe lag rahe ho!"

"Thank you! " I thanked her smiling.

"Aap log kuch lenge?" I asked.

"Arre nahi.. its okay!" Maryam replied.

After a small pause, "Mujhe Zahir ne bataya ki Aqira is going US for her internship.. Congratulations!" I said.

"Thanks...lekin yeh aapko Bhai ne bataya?" she asked, surprise evident in her voice.

"Haan.. warna mujhe kaise pata chalna hai..?"

"Yeah right!"

"Kya hua isme itna hairaan hone waali kya baat hai?"

"Mujhe toh laga Bhai apne kaam mein itna busy rehta hoga ki use humari kisi ki yaad nahi aati hogi.."

"Aisa thodi na hota hai.. I agree woh busy rehte hai par iska matlab yeh thodi na hai ki woh aap sab miss nahi karte.. aksar aap sab ki baatein karte hai.. khas kar aapki Aqira!" I replied.

"Tumhe yaad nahi aati apni family ki?" Maryam asked, out of blue.
Her smile faded immediately as she looked up at Maryam, "Aati hai.. par main uska kuch kar nahi sakti.. jo woh chahte the agar woh karti toh shayad aaj zinda nahi hoti.." I said, swallowing the huge lump formed in my throat.

"Seher, mujhe jo kuch Zahir ne bataya hai tumhare bare mein usse ek baat toh saaf hai ki tum mein bahout himmat aur hausla hai.. warna aise mein toh acchhe achhe apni himmat har jaate hai.. aur iss baat mein toh koi bhi shukk nahi hai ki tum kitni achhi insaan ho.."

Seher nodded as Maryam continued, "Lekin yahan baat itni aasan nahi hai...woh tumse shaadi karna chahta hai.. aur ek maa hone ke naate mere kuch doubts hai, kuch concerns hai.."

"I understand..aur main puri koshish karungi aapke saare doubts ko khatam karne ki.."

"Zahir tumse bahout mohabbat karta hai and trust me mujhe tumhari aur Zahir ki shaadi se koi problem nahi hai, abb toh bilkul nahi hai.. lekin tum ek baar shaadi jaise rishte mein dhokha khaa chuki ho.. toh kya tum woh sab bhul kar, Zahir ke saath ek nayi shuruvaat kar paogi ..? Mera matlab kya tum sach mein apne iss rishte ko ek fair chance de paogi?"

I knew this was coming...

Seher thought for a while, "I'll be honest mere Zahir ko mana karne ki wajah sirf mera maazi nahi tha yeh bhi tha.." I hesitated a little but continued, "mujhe aisa lagta tha that he deserves someone better than me.. mujhe lagta tha ki mere saath jo bhi rahega use main taqleef aur disappointment ke ilawa aur kuch nahi de sakti.. kyunki shayad mujhe apni zindagi se iske ilawa aur kuch nahi mila..aur mujhe koi ummeed bhi nahi thi apne mukaddar se.. lekin Zahir ne sab kuch badal diya.." I smiled as recollected the old memories, "unhone mujhe ehsaas dilaya ki unhe mere hone se kitna farak parta hai..itne saalo mein shayad pehli baar kisi ne mujhe important feel karaya...warna Aasif aur Abbu ne toh mujhe ek khilone ke ilawa aur kuch nahi samjha! Itne saalo baad mujhe ehsaas hua ki koi hai jise mere chehre par muskurahat dekhna pasand hai.. koi hai jise meri fikar hai.. jise meri khushi ki fikar hai.. jiske liye main khas hu.. and most importantly, jiski aankhon mein maine apne liye sirf mohabbat aur fakr dekha hai, sympathy nahi.." I replied as I looked down at my hands, "Inn sab ke badle unhone mujhse sirf mera saath manga .. yeh kehkar ki agar main unki zindagi ka hissa banugi toh yeh unke liye khushnaseebi ki baat hogi...jisne meri khushi ke liye itna kuch kiya uski khushi ke liye main itna toh kar he sakti hu.."
"Aur jahan tak baat rahi mere, humare rishte ko ek fair chance deni ki.. meri pehchaan ke saath bhale he ek nakam shaadi judi ho.. but I do believe in the institution of marriage... aur main apni taraf se har mumkin koshish karungi iss rishte ko nibhaane ki.. kyunki mere liye yeh rishta ahem hai. " I replied looking at Maryam, feeling the moisture in my eyes..
I hope you liked the update...

Edited by pcnsb - 8 years ago
904129 thumbnail
This was such an amazing update Nandu.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Probably the best written and executed with perfect blend of emotions.πŸ‘
Loved Zahir's conversation with his family, and I'm glad that after all this Maryam agreed to meet Seher.

Seher Zahir scenes are so cute. ❀️ The Shopping Part was fun! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But I for one, am not fond of shopping.

Zahir and Aqira are cutest siblings. Spcly the way Aqira was showing Fork to her brother! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and Zahir replying, "Main Darr Gaya!" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Totally loved the part where Seher was talking to that little girl when Zahir, Maryam and Aqira came in.😳
Aqira is a sweetheart who assured her brother, gave Seher a hug too. ❀️

And the part where Seher speaks her heart out was πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Bang On! ⭐️
But Hina is right too, Seher needs to let go of her insecurities for that scar.

Thanx For PM.
Update Soon.
love.sid thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have no words to write after reading your I wanna just say wonderful amazing...
I was checking inbox daily for ur pm bt I felt disappointing every tym wen there is no msg of urs bt 2day as soon as I saw ur pm I was so happie
Once again thank for the beautiful update and thank for pm
Will be waiting desperately for next update
Anjujag thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Liked the update !!! Not liked But I loved the updateπŸ‘ . Liked the honesty of Sehar ... Actually I am speechless by the Sehars emotions with she has so painfully hidden for Soo many years ,and now the way she shares and reassures her future Mother in law that I spite of all that emotional scares she carries , she will keep her Son Happy 😊
Please update soon ...Thanks for PM πŸ€—
Edited by Anjujag - 8 years ago
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the PM and thanks for updating 😊
Beautifully written chapter. Perfect blend of emotions. Looking forward to know how does Zahir's mom perceives Seher's honest confessions.. Hoping she will accept her whole heartedly without any prejudices!!

Update soon. Eagerly waiting for next 😳
pcnsb thumbnail

Originally posted by: MohabbatGirl.x

This was such an amazing update Nandu.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Probably the best written and executed with perfect blend of emotions.πŸ‘

Loved Zahir's conversation with his family, and I'm glad that after all this Maryam agreed to meet Seher.

Seher Zahir scenes are so cute. ❀️ The Shopping Part was fun! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But I for one, am not fond of shopping.

Zahir and Aqira are cutest siblings. Spcly the way Aqira was showing Fork to her brother! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and Zahir replying, "Main Darr Gaya!" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Totally loved the part where Seher was talking to that little girl when Zahir, Maryam and Aqira came in.😳
Aqira is a sweetheart who assured her brother, gave Seher a hug too. ❀️

And the part where Seher speaks her heart out was πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Bang On! ⭐️
But Hina is right too, Seher needs to let go of her insecurities for that scar.

Thanx For PM.
Update Soon.

Aww... Thank you so much !!
It really means a lot.. I'm so glad you loved the update..

hehehehe... you're not alone.. even I don't like shopping !

No doubt Zahir and Aqira are cutest..

Was a bit doubtful abt the last part.. but I'm glad it turned out well..

Thank you so much once again..
Stay tuned..
Nandini
pcnsb thumbnail

Originally posted by: love.sid

I have no words to write after reading your I wanna just say wonderful amazing...
I was checking inbox daily for ur pm bt I felt disappointing every tym wen there is no msg of urs bt 2day as soon as I saw ur pm I was so happie
Once again thank for the beautiful update and thank for pm
Will be waiting desperately for next update

Thank you so so so much...

It really means a lot to me... really !

I'm so sorry, my school started and work load bahout tha.. so had to leave for a while !

Thank you once again..

Stay tuned..
Updating soon..
Nandini
pcnsb thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjujag

Liked the update !!! Not liked But I loved the updateπŸ‘ . Liked the honesty of Sehar ... Actually I am speechless by the Sehars emotions with she has so painfully hidden for Soo many years ,and now the way she shares and reassures her future Mother in law that I spite of all that emotional scares she carries , she will keep her Son Happy 😊

Please update soon ...Thanks for PM πŸ€—

Thank you so much !!
I'm so over whelmed by this response truly !! 😳

I was a bit doubtful abt that part.. coz I'm not a very vocal person in reality... but I'm so glad that the scene turned out well...

Thank you once again..

Stay tuned..
Updating in a while.
Nandini
pcnsb thumbnail

Originally posted by: russhmeSS

Thanks for the PM and thanks for updating 😊
Beautifully written chapter. Perfect blend of emotions. Looking forward to know how does Zahir's mom perceives Seher's honest confessions.. Hoping she will accept her whole heartedly without any prejudices!!

Update soon. Eagerly waiting for next 😳

Thank you so much !!
I'm glad you loved the update..

Stay tuned...
Updating in a while..
Nandini
pcnsb thumbnail
Chapter 12

Zahir's POV

He looked at his watch.

Kaafi time ho gaya hai.. abb tak toh baat ho gayi hogi.. kya kar rahe honge Seher aur maa?phone karke dekhu?

He picked up his mobile but decided against it.

Nahi.. ajeeb lagega!
Lekin yeh bhi toh pata karna hai ki wahan kya ho raha hai! Kaise?
Aqira ko message karu??
No way boss! Don't forget she's sweet for some lucky moments only otherwise she's a devil.. tera jeena mushkil kar degi..
Nahi bilkul bhi nahi..
phir kya karu ?
He thought as he rested his head on his palm and looked at his mobile hopelessly.

"Sir? Sir? How is the presentation?" One of the manager asked, snapping him out of his trance.

"Huh?"

"Sir, aapko presentation kaisi lagi?" The manager repeated his query.

Everyone in the conference room was looking at him.

You're in office.. right in the middle of the presentation thinking about your wedding.. Gadhe!

He mentally cursed himself as he cleared his throat, "I think the presentation was fine..." I spoke totally clueless about the presentation, "Mr Batra aap yeh presentation mujhe mail kar dijiyega.. main ek baar aur achhe se review kar lunga.."

"Sure sir! As ur wish.."

"Thank you!" I said as everyone dispersed, from the cabin.

Phone kar he leta hu.. nahi karna chahiye.. karu? Naa karu? Karu ? Naa karu?

Phone kyu? Main wahin chalta hu.. waise bhi lunch time hone wala hai.. ghar toh jayenge dono!

Haan yeh he sahi hai!

Zahir thought as he closed his laptop flap, grabbed his car keys and made his way out of the office.

He entered the coffee house to find Seher and Maryam talking while Aqira was no where to be seen.

Yahan toh sab kuch thik he lag raha hai!

With a deep breath, he walked towards their table.

"Hello ladies!" I said as I approached them.

Both of them looked up and smiled.

"Aa gaye tum?" Maryam spoke up with a smile.

"Haan jee..." I replied as I sat down besides her.

"Dekha maine kaha tha na!" Maryam said to which Seher smiled as she shook her head.

"Kya kaha tha?" I asked curiously.

"Yeh he ki tum se zyada der office mein raha nahi jayega.. aur tum aane he wale honge!" Maryam replied with a chuckle, "I know you so well!"

He was about to reply when Aqira appeared from behind, "Aa gaye aap?" She said as settled down on the seat beside Seher.

"Jee.. aur mere khayal mein aap ko bhi andaaza hoga ki main aane wala hu?"

"Beshak !"

"Everybody knows me so well.." I commented as I laid back on my chair. Then there was silence.

Chalo jee abb sab chup ho gaye.. hadd hai yaar!

Aqira was looking at him continuously, and she knows that this irks him. Moreover three of them were exchanging knowing glances which irritated him further.

"Aqira.. I'm no Tom cruise! So you can stop staring me like that.." I snapped back at her.

"I know.. aur tum Tom Cruise ho bhi nahi sakte!"

"Yeah right..bandar jaisi shakal hai uski !"

"Excuse me! Bandar honge tum.."

"Hush... ghar par nahi ho tum dono !" Maryam spoke up as she knew once started no one can stop them.

"He started!"

"You were staring at me!"

"So?"

And another argument was on its way, "Manoge nahi tum dono?" Maryam tried again while Seher was trying her best to suppress her laugh.

"Chhodo ise! Lunch mein kya lenge aap log?" I said opening the menu card.

"Hum lunch kar chuke!" Aqira replied and I looked at them with hopeless face as I snapped closed the menu card.

Oh mind blowing !
Main yahan kar kya raha hu..? Aana he nahi chahiye tha..
Wrong decision... no! Very wrong decision!

"Kyu use pareshaan kar rahi ho tum?" Maryam said looking in Aqira's direction.

"Achha jee? Ek toh isne mera NY jaana cancel karva diya aur main pareshaan ise bhi naa karu.." Aqira replied grumpy.

Maine kya kiya?

"O hello.. maine kya cancel karvaya?" I replied irritated.

"Tumne apni shaadi ka bakheda nahi khada kar diya? Tumhari shaadi thodi miss karungi main ?" Aqira replied accusingly.

"Oh!"

Oh hold on!!!!
What did she say?
Shaadi ka bakheda?! Iska matlab..

It took him a few minutes to realize what she said.

"Mumma.. he's such a tube light ! Abhi bhi nahi samajh aaya ise!" Aqira said, noticing the confused expressions of his.

He looked at his Mom who nodded in approval and a wide smile adorned his face. He looked at Seher who was smiling too. A wave of happiness ran through his being.

Uff.. finally!
She did it.. she did it !
God.. she did it !

"Tum muskura kya rahe ho? You're gonna pay big for this.. main bata rahi hu tumhe!" Aqira said as she threw a napkin on him.

Zahir couldn't help but laugh at her cuteness.

"Kya chahiye tumhe?" I asked her.

After thinking for a while, "Tumhare shaadi ke outfits main design karungi.. and tumhe woh he pehen na hoga!" Aqira replied.

See.. DEVIL !
Pata nahi what will she make me wear!?

"Okay.. done!" I replied a bit reluctantly!

"That's like my sweet brother !"

"Aap logon ko ghar drop kardu?" I asked as I looked at my watch. Lunch time is almost over, so gotta run back to office.

"Yess please!" Maryam replied, "Tumhare Dad wait kar rahe honge!" She added as she got up and so does everybody else.

Seher wished her good bye, as she blessed her lovingly. Aqira and Seher hugged each other bye.

"Tum kaise ghar jaogi?" I asked her.

"Main Mihika ko bula lungi!" She suggested.

"Woh office mein nahi hogi?" I asked again.

"Lunchtime hai.. toh I guess she can manage otherwise taxi hai.." She replied.

"Lunchtime is abt to over Seher!" I replied looking at her, "and you're not going in taxi!" I added.

"Toh?"

"Humare saath chalo?" Maryam spoke up, "Mujhe aur Aqira ko ghar drop karke you both can head to the office!"

"Uski koi zaroorat nahi hai.. I'll manage!" Seher tried.

"Kyu zaroorat nahi hai? Chalo chalo!" Maryam replied and Seher can no way defy her, so they headed towards the car.

As he drove, Aqira and Seher were talking. Well actually Aqira, being the chatter box, was talking and Seher was just listening to her rant attentively and giving inputs in b/w !

He adjusted the mirror to have a proper view of her angelic face. There was no doubt she was gleaming with happiness. Her eyes said it all, her carefree smiles said it all ! She looked up to find his black orbs intact on her. As her almond brown eyes collided with his black ones, a beautiful realization stuck him.

With his mother accepting her, their dynamics are sure to change. Soon enough, she would be his, only his.. He would go to sleep watching that mesmerizing smile of hers and he would wake up to find her sleeping peacefully in his arms. The thought itself is enough to excite him for what is coming in near future!

"Zahir.." Maryam spoke up, snapping him out of his trance.

"Jee..?"

"Main soch rahi thi why not we have a court marriage for you two?" She suggested.

"I'm fine with it.. par iski koi khaas wajah?" I asked.

"Wajah? Wajah nahi thought keh sakte ho.. agar bade scale par shaadi karenge toh sab ko bulana padega.. kitne rishtedaar ho jaate hai...aur jitne muh utni baatein! I'm sure woh log Seher ki family ko lekar issue create karenge and that will put everyone of us in very uncomfortable situation especially Seher! So you know, just to curb that sirf kuch close friends and family ke saath we can have a small function for wedding and then a grand reception party!" She replied thoughtful.

Okay.. I'm seriously impressed with my mum now! That is really thoughtful of her.. aur yeh kahin na kahin show karta hai ki she has wholeheartedly accepted her..

"Tum batao Seher?" Maryam asked her.

"Jaisa aap log thik samjhein!" She replied with a smile.

"Toh phir yeh decide ho gaya!" Maryam announced.

"Yes.. definitely!"

Seher's POV

Mujhe abb bhi yakeen nahi ho raha ki woh maan gayi..
Maine toh lambe chode sawal jawab ka socha tha! Par ek sawal se he kaam hogaya !
Sab kuch itni asaani se ho jayega maine socha he nahi tha.. Halaki maine jo kuch kaha usme zara sa bhi jhooth nahi hai..
Seher smiled remembering her honest words..

Surprisingly jo kuch bhi maine kaha woh aaj tak shayad maine kabhi apne aap se bhi nahi kaha.. strange huh?!

Jo bhi hai..its a beginning of a new chapter of life... and it makes me excited and nervous at the same time..
Excited and nervous.. for almost same reasons...

She looked outside the window. The roads were wet, as it was raining on and off! School children played in the small puddles splashing muddy water on each other. Seher couldn't help but chuckle at their innocence.

"Kya baat hai? Aaj log kaafi khush lag rahe hai!" She heard him say.

"Toh? Khushi ki baat toh hai.." I replied looking at him.

"Woh toh hai.."

"Mujhe abb bhi yakeen nahi aa raha.. "

"Kyu? Mujhe toh pura yakeen tha ki tum mom ko zaroor pasand aaogi !" He replied.

She rolled her eyes, "kyu nahi?"

"Tumhe shukk tha?"

"Idk.. I wasn't sure!" I replied honestly.

"Toh sure hona chahiye tha!" He replied as he took a left turn instead of right.

"Hum office nahi jaa rahe?"

"Aaj tumhari chutti!" He announced.

"Kyu? Mera matlab.. uski kya zaroorat hai?"

"Bilkul zaroorat hai.. "

"Koi zaroorat nahi hai!"

"Boss kaun hai? Tum yaa main?"

"Aap!"

"Toh bas!"

There was no point in arguing further as Zahir wasn't one who would listen to you. So Seher gave up. After a drive of 15 mins, Zahir stopped the car in front of her apartment.

"Chalein jee! Aa gayi aapki manzil!"

"Hmm.. bye!"

She turned to unlock the door only to be locked again by Zahir.

"Yeh kya hai?" I asked, amused.

"Central locking kehte hai isse!" He replied.

She looked at him with unbelievable expressions and he chuckled. She again went ahead to unlock the door but as soon as she unlocked it, Zahir locked it again.

Kya kar rahe hai yeh?

She gave up after a few more failed attempts as she laid back on the car seat with her hands crossed against her chest.

"Ghar nahi jaana tumhe?" He asked in teasing tone.

She turned to look at him, "Aap jaane denge toh jaungi naa!"

He chuckled, "Main toh nahi jaane dunga.. kyunki main chahta he nahi tum mujhse dur jaao!" He spoke up huskily as he took her hands in his. She could feel the blood rising up her cheeks coloring them in the hues of deep red and she looked down, unable meet the intensity of his gaze.

"Main toh keh rahi thi office chalte hai.." I managed to reply, as I looked up at him.

"Office mein jaakar kaam bhi toh karna padega... kaam mein kiska dil lagega?!" He replied as he too laid back on his seat, entwining his fingers with hers.

"Toh kahan lagta hai aapka dil?" I asked looking at him curiously.

"Tum mein!" he replied almost immediately.

Kyu? Why do you have to do this?

Seher looked out of the window, biting her lower lip, in an attempt to suppress her smile, "Baatein banana koi aap se seekhe!"

He chuckled, "Haan toh ! Meri baton ka he kamal hai jo tum aaj yahan baithi ho.. warna tumhare iraade toh kuch aur he the.."

Seher smiled a bit as she looked ahead when she heard him say, "Seher.."

"Hmm..?"

"Ek baat batao?"

Seher looked at him attentively with raised eyebrows, "Tumne uss din mana kyu kiya tha?"

She took in a deep breathe, "Sach batau?"

"Jhoot tumhe bolna aata nahi hai so you don't have much options.." he replied with a chuckle.

"Main darr gayi thi.."

"Kis baat se?" he asked curiously.

"Mujhe laga tha.." I hesitated a bit but continued, "jab aapko mere maazi ke bare mein pata chalega toh aap apni baat se mukhar jayenge.. aur.."

"Aur?"

"Aur mujhe chhod denge.. jaise baaki sab ne chhod diya !" I admitted sheepishly as I looked down embarrassed. She could feel his grip going strong over her hand.

"Main kahin nahi jaunga tumhe chhodkar.." He replied, looking straight in her eyes. He wasn't lying when he said that as she could see that in his eyes.

Kaash aise he saari zindagi beet jaye...

"Aur dekhna aise he humare saari zindagi beet jayegi.. tum mujhe dekhti raho.. main tumhe dekhta rahunga!"

"Kahan se laate hai aap yeh saari baatein?!"

"Tumhe achhi lagti hai?"

"Sab ko achhi lagti hai.."

"Sab se mujhe kya lena dena.. mujhe toh sirf tumse matlab hai!"

"Ufff.. tauba.." I exclaimed which earned a hearty laugh from him. Just when his phone buzzed, the was call from office. He made a face but picked it up.

"Haan bolo?"

"..."

"Oh.. shit !"

"..."

"Nahi.. nahi ! Mujhe yaad hai.. of course! I'm just... just stuck in traffic.." He lied while Seher looked at him amused.

"..."

"Yes.. I'll be there soon! I hope you can handle till then?"

"..."

"Good ! I'm coming!" He said as he ended the call.

"Kya hua?" I asked.

"Tum bahout baatein karti ho.."

"Kyu nahi !"

"Tumhaari baton ke chakkar mein bhul he gaya ki lunch ke baad meri meeting hai.."

"Aage se I will try to control!" I replied as Zahir looked at me before they burst out laughing.

"Bye!" I said as I turned around to step out of the car only to be pulled back by Zahir who engulfed her in a hug. She was taken aback at first but then hugged him back.
Do leave your valuable comments and hit like button!
PS: I've my exams next week so will update after that only !

Edited by pcnsb - 8 years ago