Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

What are they even talking about Bushra Ansari was jookes and I think she is as good as she think she is.. Lol

exactly, bushra is wonderful...and she has proven it over and over again
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Jawani hits the Pakistani box office

Given the drama and controversy that erupted at the Pakistani box office in 2014, this year turned out to be a boring affair. Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (JPNA) singlehandedly eliminated the weak competition and smoothly established its box office supremacy. Only three days into its release, JPNA has broken more than a handful box office records " most notably of the highest Eid collection (in Pakistan) after it surpassed Kick's year-long record of Rs57.8 million by earning Rs74.5 million.

Even prior to the film's release, both the distributors and exhibitors had displayed confidence in the movie terming it as the ideal' Eid release. JPNA seems to have repaid all of their trust as it ended up exceeding the expectations of the film's producers as well, who had predicted an opening weekend in the range of Rs40 million to Rs50 million.

https://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Vasay-Chaudhry.jpg

Having grossed Rs20.7 million on the first day, the distributors reworked their target setting on an even higher benchmark. "We changed the target business to Rs70 million, following the outstanding performance on the opening day," the chief executive officer of ARY Films, Jerjees Seja, told The Express Tribune.

Read: JPNA: Pointless but very entertaining

Satish Anand, CEO of Eveready Pictures, had also touted the film to do well; something which he believed was partly due to the lack of competition. "I had expected the film to do well but I think that it has greatly benefited from the absence of major releases this Eid," stated Anand.

But Seja believes otherwise, telling how the number of shows was evenly distributed between the movies and noted that other releases, such as Halla Gulla, gained valuable footfall due to their release alongside JPNA.

As it stands, the film has already managed to capture the audience's attention and is a sure-shot favourite to surpass Dhoom 3 (Rs24m) and Waar's (Rs23.4m) box office totals in Pakistan and become the highest grossing film in Pakistan.

Waar, which had the luxury of a nine-day weekend earned Rs95 million, a record which was later broken by Dhoom 3's Rs123 million opening week tally. JPNA is already breathing down Waar's record and given how the distributors of the film expect the film to earn between Rs120 million to Rs140 million during the opening week, there is a strong chance that it may usurp Dhoom 3's record as well. "It depends on the coming few days.

Unlike Eidul Fitr, JPNA does not have the luxury of a four-day weekend and even though the audiences in single screen cinemas may reduce a bit but I expect it to continue its strong performance in multiplexes," remarked Seja. Where other distributors have termed the film's success as a byproduct of excellent release timing, exhibitors have pointed out to the film's comic content as a major selling point.

Although glad at the success of the film, writer Vasay Chaudhry did not take all the credit for it and cited the example of Waar to explain how content does not guarantee a movie's box-office fate. "Waar was also released on Eid and it was an action film in English but turned out to be a blockbuster," said Chaudhry.

He went on to praise Asim Raza, the director of the forthcoming Ho Mann Jahaan, for his decision to postpone his film to post-Muharram, a decision that allowed JPNA to complete its run in the three weeks leading up to Muharram. "By releasing multiple local films on Eid the profit is split. That happened with Bin Roye and Wrong No on Eid and then Moor, Shah and Dekh Magar Pyaar Say. We need to allow films to complete their full run." JPNA has been released on 80 screens whereas Waar, Dhoom 3 and Kick were released on 48, 56 and 58 screens respectively.

Raindrops. thumbnail

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani vs Furious 7 Weekend Comparison Pakistan

2015-09-28 13:35:560Boxoffice
Jawani Phir nahi Ani has received earth shattering response at ticket window over the Weekend as film has broken over 10 all time records in Just 3 Days of it's release.. Furious 7 had set opening Weekend record early this year being solo release and having more than 750 shows.. Jawani Phir Nahi Ani did have few competitors in the market which ate away few shows but yet film has broken record of Opening Weekend despite 610 shows..

Coming towards footfalls Furious 7 had footfalls of 1.55lac people over the Weekend whereas Jawani Phir Nahi Ani has footfalls of over 1.95lacs people over the Weekend.. Furious 7 had also set many records but Jawani Phir Nahi Ani has shatered them with some good margin.. Both film had almost similar day one but on Day Two and Three Jawani Phir Nahi Ani shew better growth.. Film even left Furious 7 behind in Lahore over the Weekend where film was behind on Day One.. Furious 7 had advantage of IMAX in Lahore also but Jawani Phir Nahi Ani left it behind over the Weekend..

Below is daily detailed comparison of both the film..

Friday:-

Furious 7.. 2.05cr (Biggest Day One At That, Highest Single Day At That Time)

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani.. 2.07cr (Biggest Day One Record Of Furious 7 Broken)

Saturday:-

Furious 7.. 2.5cr (Biggest Saturday Numbers Ever, Highest 2 Days Gross, Highest Single Day Record)

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani.. 2.68cr (Biggest Saturday, Highest 2 Days Gross, Highest Single Day, Fastest to 5cr, Highest Average Per Show)

Sunday:-

Furious 7.. 2.5cr (Biggest Sunday Numbers Ever, Highest Weekend, Highest Single Day, Fastest to 7cr)

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani.. 2.7cr (Biggest Sunday, Highest Weekend, Fastest to 7cr, Highest Single Day, Highest Average Per Show)

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani has broken every possible record over the Weekend other than Day One in Lahore Circuit and that's something that never happened in the history of Pakistani Cinema before..
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
7.5 cr weekend is a HUGE milestone
Raindrops. thumbnail
Jawani Phir Nahi Ani has been on prodigious run as film is jam packed today again everywhere.. Film has huge number of shows and will be registering record Monday numbers ever for any release in Pakistan as figures are looking sure to go over 1.7cr mark..

It won't be a surprise if film hits 2cr mark when actuals come in tomorrow as occupancies are 100% even on Weekday after National Holiday in small center like Sialkot also.. Film will be going close to 10cr mark by end of today and the pace film is showing today makes it look like film will be ending it's first Week over 14cr mark and might even reach 15cr mark which will not only be biggest Week One ever but 3rd highest lifetime total for any Urdu release.. Film is looking sure to create lifetime record and will be making it with some good margin..

Below is daily business of the film..

Thursday (previews).. 38lacs

Friday.. 2.07cr

Saturday.. 2.67cr

Sunday.. 2.7cr

Monday (early trends).. 1.7+cr

Total.. 9.43+cr

Film's Friday to Monday fall is looking to come around 10% at most which is preposterous as Monday was first working day after national Holidays and such Days usually tend to have big fall..
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

7.5 cr weekend is a HUGE milestone

Yes and I feel JPNA can cross 40 to 50 cr lifetime total including overseas which will be a huge thing for any Pakistani film considering the budgets are really small
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

Yes and I feel JPNA can cross 40 to 50 cr lifetime total including overseas which will be a huge thing for any Pakistani film considering the budgets are really small

I don't think the budget of this movie is small from any angle

Every frame of this movie is being shot on a lavish scale

The budget of this movie is 4 to 5 times more than an average pak movie

So even if it manages a 40 cr

The budget is near about 20 cr minimum
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Boo hoo hoo they aren't showing it here in cinemas 😭
-Kashmiri- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
They're showing 2 in my state but I almost never go to see movies. I'm glad it isn't as bad as it looked, I like Vasay's work. ARY films are doing well.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Boo hoo hoo they aren't showing it here in cinemas 😭

If you're in Calgary it's playing at Landmark Cinemas 16 country hills..