Jawani Phir nahi Aani - Review

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Hulllooo people, so I watched it.. It was a sold out show here in Canada on a Sunday night so that itself tells how great it was but let me elaborate myself here.. It's amazing amazing film.. Kudos to the makers, production value is excellent you can actually compete it with a Bollywood film (it is like a diamond infront of the recent crap Bollywood has churn out)
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Story: Three friends PP, Saif and Sheikh are tired of their married lives and wives. Sherry is their old school friend who is now a successful divorce lawyer in the US. He meets his friends feels too pity on them takes them to Bangkok without telling their wives. The wives get to know and what happens later forms the crux of the story

Technicalities: The movie is on top with all the technicalities. Choreography, Cinematography, Direction is all top notch.. Thailand looks really pretty..Writing and dialogues are the best Part of the movie.. If I could I would legit give Vasay a standing ovation he is that good.. I really hope he gets his due because deserves all of it.. The dialogues are hilarious, everyone was in splits, people were whistling, laughing I had tears crying on some of the dialogues because I was laughing so hard..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Everybody looked good appearance wise, so the costume dept was really good.. Makeup, styling everything was on point..

Performances: The second best thing about this overall excellent film is the performances. Vasay and Bushra Ansari literally steal the show..They're hilarious.. Vasay's not only good with his dialogues but he's excellent with his expressions, he makes you laugh in every single frame he's present.. Humayun looks hot ☺️, his styling is so freakin good and him taking digs at himself being old is 🀣 Ahmed Butt is adorable.. I wanted to pull his cheeks too.. he's sooo cutee.. Sarwat Gilani looks so pretty she's glowing she was actually pregnant when they filmed she looks beautiful. Mehwish Hayat was okay-ish wasn't much needed, her and Ayesha look botox lipped. The girl playing Ahmed's wife is decent. Sohai's accent is really fake but I'm sure that's what they were going for so she got it right.. She was funny #killerbride #daddysonfire 🀣 Hamza Ali Abbasi is the only one who kinda let me down, it looks like he's trying too hard and he's the only one who's dancing with all the girls, having most of the fun which is relatable to his character and quite contrary to his personality that he portrays πŸ˜† Ismail Tara is really funny too.. Gohar as XYZ inspired from HSY is jokes πŸ˜† Javed Sheikh is kinda funny too, There's a bunch of other supporting cast like ZQ and some more everyone was good..

Best Moments: PP, Saif and Sheikh's interaction with Javed Sheikh is one of the best moments of the film🀣 when he asks what does Saif (Hamza) do, Vasay goes he only updates status on facebook 🀣 PP (Butt) romancing his wife's dad thinking it's her πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Music: Really good.. Two of the songs have a rap in them but they aren't bad.. Is raat ki jawani and Yeh jawani phir nahi aani make you wanna dance.. Ahmed did a really good job on that song.. I like the fair and lovely jalwa too.. Sohai dances good.. BUT they have one full song dedicated to Tarang and sahi jod, they just don't mention chai but it's a tarang promotional song, the song is good tho..

Verdict: GO FOR IT !! just go, you can't not like this film.. I can see there's so much hard work that went into it and I really hope the hard work pays off..I'm patriotic at all but I'm actually proud of the fact that this was a Pakistani movie.. they made it so good.. It's one of the most entertaining films I've ever seen, full on seeti bajao, Taali maaro, paisa vasool movie 4/5 (an extra.5 for Vasay's acting and writing)

PS: There's alot of skimpy outfits in the first half when they're in Bangkok, Bikins and shorts and also liquor which is totally justifiable considering the plot in action, it's not there for the heck of it.. if that's not your thing it might hamper your entertainment but I'd say go with an open mind Filmon mein sab chalta hai..😳

Yeh Jawani phir nahi aani, karle masti aur nadaani,
sun sing kardi meri naani, Mundeeyaaa
Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
So you are saying it's nothing like hangover or Masti???
That's good, will watch it when available online
MakhannMalaai thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

So you are saying it's nothing like hangover or Masti???
That's good, will watch it when available online

maybe a bit like No entry for the first half.. but it's not like Masti.. like the guys don't toot paro on girls.. just Hamza's character is kinda like that.. and the second half is totally different so no Masti and no Hangover at all..
Pentaminous... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
My few friends watched this movie and they all are appreciating it.. I am sure it must be a good movie..
MakhannMalaai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pentaminous...

My few friends watched this movie and they all are appreciating it.. I am sure it must be a good movie..

It indeed is.. deserves all the appreciation..
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What are you doing up so early Pallo?

Yes! I knew Vasay wouldn't disappoint. So happy to hear that he was the best part of the film. I think everyone knows about my fanaticism for Vasay Chaudhry. He is always spot on with his expressions, dialogues, body language, and voice modulation. Like I said before, I would only watch the movie for him (then for Ahmed).

The cinematography looked great from the trailers itself. I did not like the choreography from the song promos.

I won't be going to the theatres to watch it though (I watch movies at the theatre only on occasion, especially not brown movies).
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
The movie is getting AMAZING response from audience and critics alike
And also doing very good box office business in Pakistan

I didn't know it was written by vasay choidhury

Otherwise I wud hv had higher hopes from this film and I m sooo glad he didn't disappoint after the masterpiece called Jackson heights

And he indeed is getting a lot of appreciation for it

Like CANUK...I hv always been a HUGE vasay fan

I luved him as an actor in armaan...silvatein...pyaare afzal

And his writing in Jackson heights was unbelievable

And now that he wrote a fun movie and getting so much appreciation is just making me so happy n proud

I m glad the others also did their part well

I know hamza is a joke in this movie...quite evident from the promos and songs as he can't dance and he looks super skinny ...also the hairstyle was even bakwaas

I m glad humayun did his part well

I m sick of him playing the lead in every big movie but I m glad he made a dig at his age himself

Sohai is getting loads of appreciation for her dancing and social networking site addict

And all r saying sarwat looked beautiful

I wish the songs were better though...bin roye had better songs...except for the title song I didn't like any other song whereas all the songs are lavishly choreographed
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the review..I am planning to go for this movie this weeked. πŸ˜ƒ
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wonderful review pallo..glad that u enjoyed it
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I will be watching it next week.. agar achi nahi huwi toh I am going to take money from you πŸ˜†