Historical facts about Altunia

overactor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
MALIK IKHTIYAR-UD-DIN, ALTUNIAH, OF TABAR- HINDAH. (Bhatinda)
Malik Ikhtiyar-ud-Din, Altuniah of Tabarhindah, was a great MalikπŸ˜ƒ, of vast boldness and gallantry⭐️, manliness and energyπŸ‘πŸΌ, lion-heartedness and magnanimity and the whole of the Maliks of that time were unanimous as to his manliness and valour. At the time of the imprisonment of - Sultan Raziyyat" on whom be peace!" he had fought encounters with the forces of the disaffected Maliks, in con- junction with Sultan Raziyyat, and had displayed great heroism 😎.

When the Sultan Altamash first purchased him, he gave him the Sharab-dar! [office " the care of the liquors] . After some time, as the Sultan had remarked proofs of manliness depicted upon his brow, he gave him the office of Sar Chatar-dar [Head of the state canopy- bearers] ; and, when the Shams! rule came to its termina-tion, during the reign of Sultan Razia, the fief of Baran was conferred upon Ikhtiyar-ud-Din. Subsequently, Tabarhindah was given to him and, at the time when the hearts of the Turk Maliks and Amirs, who were the slaves of the Shams dynasty, became changed towards Sultan Raziyyat, on account of the favour Jamal-ud-Dfn, Ya-kut, the Abyssinian, had found with her, the Amir-i- Hajib, Malik Ikhtiyar-ud-Din-Atigin, and Malik . Ikhtiyar-ud-Din, Altuniah, of Tabarhindah, were connected by a firm compact of unanimity and friendship, and, by virtue of this fabric of union, Malik Aitigin, secretly, gave intimation of this change to the latter. Malik Ikhtiyar-ud-Din, Altuniah, in the fortress of Tabarhindah, began openly to rebel, and withdrew his head from the yoke of obedience to that Sultan.
The ambitious and rebellious conduct of himself and his colleague in sedition was the cause of her downfall, as is stated under.
when Sultan Razia was seized and imprisoned, and the Maliks and Amirs returned to the capital again , and the throne of sovereignty came to Mu'izz-ud-Din, Bahrain Shah, Malik Ikhtiyar-ud-Din. Altuniah, married Sultan Raziyyat, who was in duress [under his charge in the fort of Tabarhindah] , and, by reason of that union, began to evince contumacy .When Malik Ikhtiyar-ud-Din, Atigin [Altuniah's con- federate], was assassinated, and Malik Badr-ud-Din-i- Sunkar, became Amir-i-Hajib, Malik Ikhtiyar- ud-Din, Altuniah, brought forth Sultan Razia from the fortress of Tabarhindah, assembled forces, and marched towards the capital. In the month of Rabi'-ul-Awwal, however, they retired unsuccessful. Sultan Raziyyat was taken prisoner within the limits of Kaithal ; and Malik Ikhtiyar-ud-Din, Altuniah, was taken in the Mansur-pur 2 district, and was martyred by Hindus on Tuesday, the 25th of Rabi'-ul-Akhir, 638 H. 3 The Almighty's mercy be upon him !

Tabaqat-e- nasiri

But Ibn-e-batuta says Altunia was her relative and not a slave 😳

Now Mount stuart elphiston writes

The first who openly rebelled was a Turki Rebellion, chief called Altunia. The queen immediately marched against his fort of Batinda ; but her army mutinied, her favourite was killed in a tumult, and she herself, being made prisoner, was consigned to Altunia, as the safest hands in which she could be placed πŸ˜›while her brother Behram was raised to the vacant throne. * Literally " Commander of Commanders ; " that is, General in Chief. Rezia, when force failed her, had again recourse to art j and she so far gained over Altunia by the influence of love or of ambition, that he agreed to marry her, and to assert her rights against his former confederates. Aided by her new consort, the queen assembled an army, and advanced to The queen Delhi : and it was not till after two bloody battles defeated that she was made prisoner along with her husband put to death.

Satish Chandra writes almost the same that Razia herself had won ALtunia over by love and he agreed to marry her (and he didn't force her) πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by overactor - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
πŸ‘ Bravo Malik Altunia. Man of substance !
Thanks a lot Sona...btw did u slap YPM with these yet ???πŸ˜†

yes some sources do say that he fell in love with her while she was taken prisoner, allowed her to live like an almost free bird in his fortress, let her go for prayers to the mosque and married her with her consent then...😳
overactor thumbnail

Originally posted by: princess200

πŸ‘ Bravo Malik Altunia. Man of substance !

Thanks a lot Sona...btw did u slap YPM with these yet ???πŸ˜†

yes some sources do say that he fell in love with her while she was taken prisoner, allowed her to live like an almost free bird in his fortress, let her go for prayers to the mosque and married her with her consent then...😳

yes yes i posted it on my page too πŸ˜› ypm ki bajegi abπŸ˜†
yup but some versions say he loved her from childhood only 😳 these historians na have skipped his early life😑 πŸ˜†
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Jo bhi version bana le yeh historians...
No way in hell she was 'FORCED' to marry him

thats really absurd now...

wonder what this YPM were eating while they studied their 'history' jo dimaag itna kharaab hogaya...brains went for a toss completely...sorry common sense rather...
overactor thumbnail

Jo bhi version bana le yeh historians...

No way in hell she was 'FORCED' to marry him

thats really absurd now...

wonder what this YPM were eating while they studied their 'history' jo dimaag itna kharaab hogaya...brains went for a toss completely...sorry common sense rather...

they red wikipedia 😊
darkwarrior200 thumbnail

Originally posted by: overactor

they red wikipedia 😊

Amaa there is more than wikipedia...internet is a vast medium...take the trouble to read more if u claim to 'love' ur yaqut so much and 'admire' razia so much...

wikipedia padh liya aur yaaay πŸ‘ kaam hogaya...now i have every knowledge ...

amaa if i had quoted only wikipedia in my projects, aaj main zindagi ki sabse badi college-fail hoti...😡
overactor thumbnail

Amaa there is more than wikipedia...internet is a vast medium...take the trouble to read more if u claim to 'love' ur yaqut so much and 'admire' razia so much...

wikipedia padh liya aur yaaay πŸ‘ kaam hogaya...now i have every knowledge ...

amaa if i had quoted only wikipedia in my projects, aaj main zindagi ki sabse badi college-fail hoti...😡

yaqut was a mere nobody yr, he is the least mentioned πŸ˜† there is no where mentioned how loyal blah blah he is as ypm claimsπŸ₯± he was just the supreindentant of stables, nothing else the amir of amirs title claim is false too coz that position didn't exist at that timeπŸ₯±
turks used his habshi card to put down razia, nothing else
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
yap turks and Aitgen made habshi the card and Altunia the pawn...
gonna give a small mention to Atigen in my SS...think he deserves it 😊
..radiance... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
...n stupid YPM still believes that Altunia forced her to marry him n Yakut was all like a saint 🀒