Celebrating Adorable Disha Vakani aka cute Dayaben's Birthday

_Munchkin_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Dia:Hello friends...I am back..because this week is very special for some tmkocians

terenaamahm:Welcome Dia..why this week is so special

Dey.bh: Is Asit Modi coming with a new twist in tmkoc...???

Subha:I think Disha is getting married in next few days

Lakshay:kahin popat ki shadi to ni horii is week

Nehel:Dia ab bata na..kyaa special h is week

Dia: This week is very special because its Disha Vakani's Birthday

Yoju:Wow Disha ka birthday h

Kimaya:To celebration to banta hi h

Mansi:But Dia Disha's birthday is on 17th september...

Dia:Right Mansi...but if we criticize her character almost 52 weeks then unke birthday pe 1 week ka celebration to banta h na

It is 17th September and its a very special day of us...as its the birthday of very cute and adorable DISHA VAKANI aka bubbly Dayaben of tmkoc.So lets celebrate it here also..!!!

Lets try to know more about her...

It was 17th day of September..a Sunday..when a cute baby angel opened its eyes in this beautiful world.It was a girl for the Gujrati couple and it was Ahmdabad which first heard her crying.Mr.BhimVakani who was a teacher and a theatre artist and his wife named the child "Disha".Her family lovingly calls her 'Tanna'

Soon the lil girl grew up and was admitted to 'Siddharth Vidyalaya' for obtaining education with her brother 'Mayur Vakani' who was 3 years older than her.Disha was a very shy and reserve girl in school...She tells in an interview" I was so shy that Used to feel shy from asking 2nd Chappati from my own mom..I never used to talk to boys and had a small group of girls with whom I used to talk in school". This hardcore gujrati girl was very funloving...Her school had halfdays on saturday she used to go back to home on her Cycle and singing songs like "panchhi banu udta firu mast gagan main". During her summer holidays she loved going to Bhavnagar to her maternal grandparents place where she wud have an amazing time without knowing that destiny had great plans for her.

Slowly time passed...the girl entered her teens.Her father hada small theatre company..she loved watching plays and playing child roles..she also saw her father in trouble many times when leads of her father's plays left the theatre group in between for instance after marriage the lead wud settle in
other city etc... Teenage Disha loved to get ready...she wud often apply her mom's Lipsticks and act like her...Once when the lead actress of one of her father's theatre group was getting ready for a play she entered her room.She applied that her lipstick on her face and starting mimicing her...The lady saw her doing this and said her father.." Bhim bhai tamare ghar main to actress tayar chhe". Now Disha started taking interest in acting..she luved working in plays and gujrati serials whether the role was small or big. Our future Dayaben was 17 now.By this time she had entered her collage called "Gujrat College" to obtain a degree in Dramatic Arts.Along with this she was doing small roles

Her First Trip To Mumbai...

BUT ONE DAY
A play where she had a small role got a chance to perform in Mumbai..Disha wanted to go with them but Her Father and Elder Brother denied.They did not give her permission to go Mumbai.But she didnt stop.Disha keep convincing her father and finally he had to agree.And this how our Garba queen reached Mumbai...but her father accompanied her.She wanted to live in Mumbai only to try her hands in acting.

While travelling first time in local train of Mumbai she got afraid seeing the typical Mumbai crowd..but her father encouraged her..Now the struggle started...sorry not struggle Disha mam calls it her training period.She started searching for work..Renowned producer J.D.Majethia offered her character roles in "Khichdi" where she played a thief..teacher etc..She got small roles in movies like Devdas,C Company,Mangal pandey etc...

Her notable plays
she delivered some spectacular performances in plays.She got a chance to work in a play called "Tame fool.ame colourful" which was based on the life of mad people.Disha played a young girl who was mentally disturbed because her boyfriend left her.The way she potrayed the agony of being left by someone u love was really amazing.
Then she did a play called "Ame baraf na Pankhi". Disha was the lead of this play.She played a very lively fun loving modern girl who was diagnosed with Cancer.Her performance in the play will surely make u emotional.

Then she bagged " Lali Lila".A play about two twins girl who
were joined from back and could not b seperated.For this Disha was applaused in whole gujrat and the play was a hit...

She had been living in Mumbai for 5 years now but she used
to mis her mom and Ahmdabad..so she used to take those
plays through which she wud get to travel Ahmdabad but once
her father advised her to concentrate more on work rather then
Ahmdabad

After few years she got a chance to work in Jodha Akbar...it was a small role but she wud cherish it all her life coz she got a chance to work with Aishwarya Rai.

How and when she bagged Taarak mehta ka oolta chashma

Disha was struggling for 12 years in Mumbai in search of good work..by now she was like "bas ab mujhe chhodna padega" and she was heading to Banglore but then one fine day Ambika Ranjankar who now plays Komal bhabhi in tmkoc told her that Neela Telefilms is making a show called Taarak mehta ka ooltah chashma for which they are auditioning some girls for role of Daya and you must go for auditioned.Disha listened to Ambika mam and went for the audition.They took few auditions of her and she was finalised.Also Dilip sir had seen her plays so he recommened her name to Asit sir.Then some look tests happened..they tried different styles of saaree and different types of hairstyles like Bun...plates braids etc...Then few look tests happened with Dilip sir.

How was Daya created..

Her coactor Dilip Joshi and former
Director of tmkoc Dharmesh Mehta has so many inputs in her character.Dilip sir asked her to change her voice and to talk in a different voice..Daya's character was the imagination of Dharmesh Mehta...he conceived the idea of a woman who
wud wear lot of bangles,jewellry.He taught disha how to do Garba in a weird manner. Then on 28th july 2008,tmkoc introduced DAYABEN...mostly liked and often criticised...the character became a huge success and become one of the most popular character of Indian television.Disha soon became a star.She bagged numerous and most prestigious awards for an outstanding performance as Daya in tmkoc.

How she starts her Day

Disha is a kandivali resident..She loves to lead a simple and private life..Stardom has not changed her.She starts her day by drinking lukewarm water.Then she does some free hand exercises and some Suryanamaskars...After that she heads to her shoot...She does not listen to music while she is on her way to her set as there is lot of chaos on set so she prefers some peace in her Car.Disha has deep faith in Lord Ganesha .There is an Idol of Lord Ganesha on her sets.She first go there and pray before it and then resumes her work.She never indulges in fast food.She eats light and low calorie food (though she loves Vada pav and sev puri"and loves to have "Nariyal pani" often.

Disha ki chhoti chhoti Baatein

:Her favourite dish:PuranPoli made by her Mom is her favourite dish.

Her favourite colour is white.

Hobbies: She loves Swimming,Reading and sleeping in her free time.

If not an actor:If not an actor our cute disha would done something in
Painting and drawing as she loves it

Two biggest moment in her life were when Her father gave her
permission to come to Mumbai and she bagged tmkoc

What makes her feel down: She feels down when the word Motiii...According to Disha..'I
knw that i am a bit plump still I dont like the word Motii
When I hear that someone has something bad about me
behind my back .

Similarity in Daya and Disha: Disha and Daya both love their families and are positive.

Difference in Daya and Disha:But Daya trusts everybody easily and gets mixed but I am little
reserved and take time to open with people.Once I am open
then I m very talkative.Also I dont talk like her in real life...says Disha

Disha and her costars

She shares a beautiful relationship with her costars..In 7 years she has become very close to them.She has her "DJAMSN" group of tmkoc ladies with whom she shares an amazing
bond. She share a very cordial relationship with Dilip Joshi.He is a mentor to him.She respects her a lot and always listens to his advices.
Disha is very caring about her onscreen son Bhavya gandhi in real life too.Bhavya's real mom Mrs.Yashodha Gandhi says,"I am not worried about bhavya whenever Disha is around.She takes care of him very much on sets...from his food to everything(from 2011 interview).

Disha with her costars..

Disha's favourite Costar

When asked about her favourite costar Disha atonce replied "Nowdays thats Khushi" Anyways her all time favourite costar is Dilip Sir..she accepted that iin her winning speech when she got Indian television Academy Award 2014

Disha's real life family

Disha's brother Mayur Vakani
Disha says,"there are so many memories attached to it. The days we spent together in Ahmedabad were the best days of our life. Mayur is very protective and take care of me a lot. I am blessed to have a brother like him." Sundarlal aka Mayur Vakani says, "Disha is a very simple girl. Besides being the funny ones, the bonding which shuffles back and forth from Ahmedabad-Mumbai is also very touching. I am too blessed to have a sister like Disha."

Her family

Disha's real life family includes her father,her mom who is a
homemaker,her younger s
Disha's brother Mayur Vakani is well known Sculpturist and owns his own manufacturing units...her sister in law is also Hemali vakani is also a sculpturist.They have a cute little daughter Hasti.Disha is very close to her mom like any other daughter.

Disha mam supports many noble causes also

Disha lends her support to many noble causes..she has been an active participant whenever it comes to aware people about Eye donation.Not only this she had actively participated in Kidney Day program of 2014 and has become a part of Blood donation Camps many times.

At eye donation camp..

At Blood Donation Camp

On Kidney day in Gujrat

Disha's marriage
Disha is now entering a new phase of her life.Our beloved Dayaben will soon become the wife of a Mumbai based Chartered Accountant. As per the reports she will soon get married to a mumbai based professional whose name is Mayur.We hope may Disha's paradise be full of happiness.May she gets all the love and happiness in her real life and the couple has a blissful married life...!!!

Its Disha Vakani's birthday ..May your birthday and every day be filled with the warmth of sunshine, the happiness of smiles, the sounds of laughter, the feeling of love and the sharing of good cheer.On this special day, i wish you all the very best, all the joy you can ever have and may you be blessed abundantly today, tomorrow and the days to come! May you have a fantastic birthday and many more to come...

Please shower your blessings and wishes on her friends...celebrate her birthday week with positivity on this forum...!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Munchkin_ thumbnail
Her cool avtaars

If Any Disha fan is here then sorry last year we didnot have any thread of her birthday...
Anyway...please shower your blessings by wishing her and creating siggies...

Thanks for readind...!!!!Edited by dia.207 - 8 years ago
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wishing Disha a very Happy Birthday..!!

Best Wishes to her..!!!

@Dia...Super Post...bahut Mehnaat kari hai aap ne...True Disha Fan..👏
IMansi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy birthday Disha ma'am. You are great actress and down to earth. Love your simplicity and your role of Daya. Your character is the usp of show. If i were good at Gujarati i would watch these plays, all the roles are challenging and interesting. 
On your birthday my wishes are may you get all happiness and success. May god shower you with good health and prosperity, may your married life be fulfilled with lots of good time, laughter and peaceful. 
Keep entertaining us with tmkoc and after tmkoc!

PS: Incredible work Dia. Hats off to you for your effort. It made me write and post here even though i had decided not to. Wish tarana comes too. 
Will make a siggy for Disha mam and will post on 17th here.  
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9
Happy birthday Daya Tappu ke papa Gada🥳
IMansi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
My gift for her                                                                                   following 2 edits by die hard fan of Disha mam.              
Hope you enjoy your day to the fullest with your dear ones. In the end i would say we love you as an actor and daya who has made us laugh everyday and did hard work throughout. ❤️⭐️
..Kimi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh my my.. Awesome thread dia.. Very nice 👏
Wishing you a very happy birthday Daya ben.. May God fulfil all your dreams 🥳
ragsmastlife thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy birthday Disha a.k.a Daya ben.thanks dia for sharing her info, thats really inspiring story .
_Munchkin_ thumbnail
Thank you so much lovely people for liking my thread even after so many errors that I made in thread...I was workinh on it for a week just because I wanted to make this week special for all tmkocians and specially Disha mam's fans.
               Friends please never think that there is no disha fan in this forum.Though we cannot post so often because of studies and other things but trust me some of us and specially me really love her and adore her.
_Munchkin_ thumbnail
@Mansi
Awesome edits.Loved them