Mahabharat "WHAT IF"s

amit_ thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
There were too many "What if" moments in Mahabharat which could have changed Mahabharat completely

What if Shantanu had stopped Ganga from killing the 1st son (or any of the 1st 7 sons)?

What if Shantanu did not decide to marry Satyawati?

What if Devavrata did not take the "Bhishma pratigya"?

What if Bhishma agreed to marry after death of Vichitravirya?

What if Satyawati decided to wait before Ambika and Ambalika had niyoga with Ved Vyasa?

What if Dhritarashtra was not born blind?

What if Pandu wasn't cursed?

What if Kunti had told about Karna to Pandu?

What if Duryodhana was born before Yudhisthira?

What if Dhritarashtra killed Duryodhana when he was born as suggested by Vidur?

What if Gandhari did not become blindfolded?

What if Eklavya did not cut his thumb?

What if Karna had told truth to Parshuram before going to learn about weapons?

What if Kunti told about Karna at Rangbhoomi?

What if Draupadi married Karna?

What if only Arjun married Draupadi and not all 5 Pandavas?

What if Draupadi didn't insult Duryodhana by calling him "andhe ka putr andha"?

What if the gambling didn't happen? Even if it did happen, it didn't involve putting humans or the kingdom at stake, but played just as a normal game?

What if Karna secret came sometime during Pandavas rule at Indraprastha?

What if Duryodhana agreed to return Indraprastha or a part of Indraprastha to the Pandavas after agyatvas?

What if Karna agreed to join Pandavas after Lord Krishna and Kunti told him about his birth?

What if Bhishma decided to fight for Pandavas?

What if Karna did not use the divine weapon shakti over Ghatotkacha?

What if Arjun did not try to kill Karna when he was removing his chariot wheel from the ground and instead waited for Karna to be ready again?

What if Duryodhana went completely naked in front of Gandhari when she opened her eyes?

There will be many more "What if"s

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahiima16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You are right these 'what if' moments would have completely Mahabharata or perhaps there wouldn't have been any Mahabharata at all
But just one thing i would like to tell you is that Draupadi never insulted duryodhan by calling him Andhe ka putra stuff and all in the mahabharat written by ved vyas. there is no mention about this scene in mahabharat,this insult thing is mentioned in Bhagwat not in mahabharat 😊
Edited by Mahiima16 - 9 years ago
amit_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahiima16

You are right these 'what if' moments would have completely Mahabharata or perhaps there wouldn't have been any Mahabharata at all
But just one thing i would like to tell you is that Draupadi never insulted duryodhan by calling him Andhe ka putra stuff and all in the mahabharat written by ved vyas. there is no mention about this scene in mahabharat,this insult thing is mentioned in Bhagwat not in mahabharat 😊

Draupadi did insult Duryodhan by saying to him "andhe ka putr andha" when Duryodhan came to Indraprastha. This was the reason why Duryodhan planned to do the cheer-haran of Draupadi in the gambling. If Draupadi had not insulted Duryodhan, maybe peace might have happened between Kauravas & Pandavas as both were happy with their respective territories
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
There are so many what if's Amit . If these happened there is no Mahabharat . By the way draupadi did not insult Duryodhana
Mahiima16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: amit_

Draupadi did insult Duryodhan by saying to him "andhe ka putr andha" when Duryodhan came to Indraprastha. This was the reason why Duryodhan planned to do the cheer-haran of Draupadi in the gambling. If Draupadi had not insulted Duryodhan, maybe peace might have happened between Kauravas & Pandavas as both were happy with their respective territories

and there is where the problem stands amit,actually nowadays people who haven't read the epic tend to believe either the Mahabharata series by B.R chopra or the common view that draupadi said all these things. Actually Draupadi was never the problem between Pandavas and kauravas,the seeds of war were sown way before draupadi was even born.i'm sorry to say but pandavas were not the type of people who would do a war for the sake of Draupadi,just think when those guys didn't even made a move when draupadi was about to get disrobed then why would they be so interested in war for her sake after 13 long years. i do agree that after the cheerharan there was more enmity between the cousins but even that wasn't a reason worthy enough according to the pandavas to raise a war.so she was never a reason for war. And coming to the reason that why would Duryodhan do draupadi's cheerharan when she never insulted him then the reasons are as follows: 1) Duryodhan was such a sort of person who even refused to give five villages to his cousins so how could he let Indraprasth with them. that game was just a master plan to snatch away indrasprath from pandavas.2) according to Mahabharat written by ved vyas a dasi said the dialogue "andhe ka putra andha",bheema ,arjuna,nakula,sahadeva laughed at this, yudhishtira didn't do so and draupadi never said anything at time.,well do you know the mentality " Dekh MAINE TERI CHEEZ ko CHUHA?" this was the same thing Duryodhan did to pandavas.
Well Mahabharat have so many versions that some say duryodhan never insulted draupadi by asking her to sit on his lap,draupadi said andhe ka putra,draupadi never insulted karna,karna never
participated in swayamwara and so much more. so it actually depends on you what version you believe in. As a friendly advice i would say don't get yourself so much into Mahabharat and all it already have so many versions. well i'm sorry for such a long post it's just that when i start a conversation about Draupadi i just can't stop myself.
😃
P.S: No offence 😛
Edited by Mahiima16 - 9 years ago
amit_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahiima16

and there is where the problem stands amit,actually nowadays people who haven't read the epic tend to believe either the Mahabharata series by B.R chopra or the common view that draupadi said all these things. Actually Draupadi was never the problem between Pandavas and kauravas,the seeds of war were sown way before draupadi was even born.i'm sorry to say but pandavas were not the type of people who would do a war for the sake of Draupadi,just think when those guys didn't even made a move when draupadi was about to get disrobed then why would they be so interested in war for her sake after 13 long years. i do agree that after the cheerharan there was more enmity between the cousins but even that wasn't a reason worthy enough according to the pandavas to raise a war.so she was never a reason for war. And coming to the reason that why would Duryodhan do draupadi's cheerharan when she never insulted him then the reasons are as follows: 1) Duryodhan was such a sort of person who even refused to give five villages to his cousins so how could he let Indraprasth with them. that game was just a master plan to snatch away indrasprath from pandavas.2) according to Mahabharat written by ved vyas a dasi said the dialogue "andhe ka putra andha",bheema ,arjuna,nakula,sahadeva laughed at this, yudhishtira didn't do so and draupadi never said anything at time.,well do you know the mentality " Dekh MAINE TERI CHEEZ ko CHUHA?" this was the same thing Duryodhan did to pandavas.
Well Mahabharat have so many versions that some say duryodhan never insulted draupadi by asking her to sit on his lap,draupadi said andhe ka putra,draupadi never insulted karna,karna never
participated in swayamwara and so much more. so it actually depends on you what version you believe in. As a friendly advice i would say don't get yourself so much into Mahabharat and all it already have so many versions. well i'm sorry for such a long post it's just that when i start a conversation about Draupadi i just can't stop myself.
😃
P.S: No offence 😛

Even I have heard that. Some versions say that there was no cheer-haran during the gambling. But from the Mahabharat story I know, BR Chopra & from comics, Draupadi did insult Duryodhana and later Duryodhana did cheer-haran. And I never liked Draupadi as she is the 3rd biggest reason for the Mahabharata war after Shakuni & Duryodhana
amit_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

There are so many what if's Amit . If these happened there is no Mahabharat . By the way draupadi did not insult Duryodhana

Yes. Those What if's would have changed how Mahabharat went. And from the Mahabharat version I know, Draupadi insulted Duryodhana
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am no way fan of draupadi but i strongly oppose this "andhe ke putra andha" statement it was fully b.r.chopra creation. I had this misconception earlier reading full mb now i have no such misconception
Mahiima16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: amit_

Even I have heard that. Some versions say that there was no cheer-haran during the gambling. But from the Mahabharat story I know, BR Chopra & from comics, Draupadi did insult Duryodhana and later Duryodhana did cheer-haran. And I never liked Draupadi as she is the 3rd biggest reason for the Mahabharata war after Shakuni & Duryodhana

well then you are free to believe in what you want to believe in but the truth isn't gonna change anyway. And whether to like or dislike someone completely depends on you so i'm ok if you dislike her or consider her a reason for war,i've seen so many people who think like you so now it doesn't bother me much.i'm like literally so done with fighting with people on this topic so just let it be and any which ways your post was never solely about Draupadi so just let's stop this.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Interesting post...
However...there are a few corrections, I would like to make.

Like everybody pointed out...
There is NO mention of 'Andha Ka Putra Andha' in the epic.
It's not clear as to wat is the origin of this dialogue. Some say that it was created in an 18th Century drama...some say it was created by a dramatist in his play 'Urubhangan'...some others say that it was created by a playwright in his play 'The Age of the Blind'. Later, BR Chopra used this dialogue in his serial n made it look like Draupadi caused the war...but that is NOT the truth. I have even heard that a PIL was charged against BR Chopra for adding this dialogue and maligning Draupadi...but it was dismissed in the name of 'creative liberty'.

NONE of the versions that are known today mention this. Watever u have read...these are all inspired from these dramas n TV shows...not part of the epic.

Another thing...when this show began...most people in this forum were not so acquainted with the text.
And hence, we all believed in the common rumours...but gradually things changed.
We started reading KMG, Critical Edition n various other versions...had aggressive debates(you can check all the previous threads)..n our common misconceptions got cleared.

Draupadi was NOT the reason for the war. We all believed it initially...but our ideas changed once we all started debating n reading the epic, instead of modern novels. She did not insult Duryodhan...that is not mentioned in the epic.
She DID NOT wash her hair with Dushasen's blood...that is another rumour. The Pandavas had decided to let go n even FORGET Draupadi's insult if they were given their share of the land.

So, unlike wat half of our country feels, Draupadi never was the reason for the war.
She wanted justice for sure but her husbands were more interested in their land.
So, NO single person is responsible for the war...
The Kurukshetra War took place bcoz of LAND, POWER n THRONE.
You may read all the older threads n the discussions we had in this forum before n even read the citations from the epic to see the facts...I hope that helps u... 😊
U can dislike or hate Draupadi all u want...but u might wanna do it for the RIGHT reasons... 😊

The rest of the points here are valid n I agree with them... 😊