karachi se lahore - my review

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
okay.. I had been hearing some good things about it so today I got a chance to watch it in cinema. The theatre was half full and I think its a pretty good thing since the movie has been released for almost a month and a half now.

anyway, the movie at best can be termed as a decent entertainer.

The story is like Shahzad Sheikh (zaheem) is a loser kind of guy. He loves ishita syed (ayesha) who flees to lahore and is getting married there. Zaheem wants to go to lahore and stop this wedding. His friends (moti and sam) and neighbours (Maryam and Zuzu) are helping him.

Positives:
The best thing about this movie is handsdown the dialogs. Credit must be given to the writers. The cinematographer also did his job well. The locations of karachi and Lahore were captured really well. The actors playing the friends of Shahzaid Sheikh and Ayesha Omer's brother really stole the show. They were complete natural and hilarious. Ayesha Omer was also decent but her role has not much scope for her.

Negative:
The story dragged at places. The whole pathan's story telling thing was not funny. Lot of time was wasted on it. There were two item numbers in the movie and they were completely baseless and so not required. Ayesha's tooti fruit was still tolerable but the other one was just bakwas. Javed Sheikh was there just awein hi. much more could have done with his role but it was just wasted. the characters of ayesha and shahzad were very inconsistent. At times shahzad was worried and the next moment he would be enjoying the journey. Ayesha's make over during the film was just came suddenly. In one scene she came out as boldly dressed.. pehle she was shown as a nerdy. and the worst of all Shahzad Sheikh. the guy can not act all.

anyway, it was a decent entertainer that could have been much much better. The dialogs and side actors steal the show.

p.s. the cornetto advert whole throughout is really in your face and it actually annoys you. picture this.. they showed guests eating cornettos in a wedding. :-/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Iss k trailer ne mujhe itna inspire nahi kiya tha that I watch it you see.. 😆 So in a way I am glad I read your review.. I was waise bhi not watching it.. But may be one day agar bilawaja hasne ka mood hua toh LOL

Shehzad.. Ummm.. Only saw him in Annie Ki Baraat.. Thik tha bas..

Cornettos in wedding ? LMAO.
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 9 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Who was the brilliant mind thT gave shezad a lead role
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Heard the guy who stutters [also wrote the dialogues for the film] was the best in terms of performances. I liked the films music. Waiting for a good print to watch.
Did you see Wrong No. or Bin Roye yet Usman?
brainychild92 thumbnail
Cornetto? Never heard of it, but that's probably because I'm from the states. Apparently Nestle Drumsticks are a substitute and I dislike those so if that is served at a Wedding, I would be very displeased.
Shehzad is okay... I mean he's fun to look at, but he tries to hard to act. I think he is trying to match up to his father's level, but he just can't. I don't know when artists will learn that they are allowed to be different from their parents...

Anyways, so overall, would you recommend someone take some time out of their precious life to watch this?
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
USMAN U WENT WITHOUT ME
DAMN U

I luv watching movies on big screen

And hats off to u for even daring to watch a movie with that intolerable shehzad sheikh as lead
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
TFS usman...the plot does not sound interesting
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Ayesha Khan's brother is played by that kid who played Ali Safina's son in Ek aur ek dhayi?
The film's written by Yasir Hussain.. I know him from Dareecha.. he's a good actor and esp in comic roles..
Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 9 years ago
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Who was the brilliant mind thT gave shezad a lead role

Probably his father 😆
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Heard the guy who stutters [also wrote the dialogues for the film] was the best in terms of performances. I liked the films music. Waiting for a good print to watch.

Did you see Wrong No. or Bin Roye yet Usman?

Yep.. he was the best performer..I didnt know he wrote the dialogs tab hi I was wondering why he got the best dialogs.. 😆 The other friend also acted good.
"Dil mera bolay" track is really good. Other songs are just meh.
No I havent seen bin roye or wrong no.