I am AB's HANUMAAN-AADESH SHRIVASTAVA

vinnie-thepooh thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Baabul music releases today but AB records a song last night! 
By Subhash K. Jha, October 26, 2006 - 06:45 IST
It's a baffling state of affairs. While T Series prepares for the music release of Ravi Chopra's prestigious family drama Baabul on Thursday, music composer Aadesh Shrivastava was busy till last night recording a song with his idol Amitabh Bachchan.

Explains Aadesh, "Amitji has sung two songs for Baabul. One of them needed technical correction. So we had to re-do it.' But then how can the music be released in an incomplete form? Aadesh shrugs. "I suppose it's just the release function. The marketing will happen after I submit the final song…though the decision is entirely the music company's."

Amitji doesn't sing for any other composer these days. But he'd never say no to me. I'm his Hanuman.
Aadesh is mighty excited about the music. "Amitji doesn't sing for any other composer these days. But he'd never say no to me. I'm his Hanuman. In fact I wanted him to sing one more track. But it's a Qawwalli. And Amitji wasn't comfortable with it."

Apparently the Big B wanted Shankar Mahadevan to sing the Qawwalli. And that would've been one more composer using another composer's voice, after A R Rahman getting Bappi Lahiri to sing in Guru and Pritam inviting Vishal Dadlani to croon Dhoom 2.

"No," Aadesh laughs. "I opted for good old Sudesh Bhosle who does a superb take-off on the Bachchan baritone." The music composer who after the stunning score in Dev, is working on Govind Nihalani's new project , has another surprise up his sleeve. "I'm blending classic ragas and bandish into reggae tones on a new album. This fusion has never been tried before."

Regarding his sparing work, Aadesh blames it on his lack of diplomacy. "I can't do ji-huzoori with big filmmakers You can call it my failing. But that's the way I am."
Edited by vinnie-thepooh - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ritzbitz thumbnail
waiting to see amitji and hema's amazing chemistry πŸ˜›
sumesh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks...

Anyone know whether adhesh used any of SRGMP contestants in this movie?...like Hema himani etc.

or he give breaks/offers to them in unnoticed films like alag chinagari & all only πŸ˜• Edited by sumesh - 17 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Thanks a lot. Can't wait to listen to this album. Adeshji somehow has been providing us good music. He releases limited albums but they are quality ones always.

Originally posted by: ritzbitz

waiting to see amitji and hema's amazing chemistry πŸ˜›

Bhabhiji welcome back. Missed you........ Chaliye ab section ko thora active baniye.....πŸ˜†

filmi_chick99 thumbnail
as we all know, aadesh is a very humble guy
but thanx for sharing
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: filmi_chick99

as we all know, aadesh is a very humble guy
but thanx for sharing

Tanisha,

Are you talking about Adesh Srivastav, the music director. 😲

anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumesh

Thanks...

Anyone know whether adhesh used any of SRGMP contestants in this movie?...like Hema himani etc.

or he give breaks/offers to them in unnoticed films like alag chinagari & all only πŸ˜•

In an earlier interview, he said he's launching two new singers. Don't know if they're SRGMP contestants though. He already gave songs to Himani, Hemu, Nihira, Ujjaini though. But its still possible he'll launch them again. The other films weren't as hyped as Baabul. Didnt he say something about not working w/newcomers anymore? πŸ˜• Think it was around the time Alag's music was launched.

Thanks for the article. Looking forward to the music and film.

advil thumbnail

Lets wait and watch what he has to offer this time. Actually he is quite OK.Dont know what went wrong with him in C2005....πŸ˜•

Edited by adi_0112 - 17 years ago
filmi_chick99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: apparaohoare

Tanisha,

Are you talking about Adesh Srivastav, the music director. 😲

of course...in real life he's probably got more humility than he can handle πŸ˜‰

arun_8687 thumbnail
Sonu has sung a classical song in the movie.Apparently,he loved the song so much that he refused to take money for it.