Astitva will end soon:Abbas Khan(mid-day)

swathi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Below article is reproduced from mid-day.

(Article Source: http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/june/111772.htm)

Swathi

Astitva will end soon: Abbas Khan
By: Vickey Lalwani
June 17, 2005

[email protected]
Out of the show:
Abbas Khan
Ever since Zee's long-running serial Astitva — Ek Prem Kahani took a forward leap, there have been problems galore on the sets. The trouble — communication problems between the actors.

Gang war

The show's actors have formed two gangs — the "original" team, comprising Nikki Aneja Walia, Alok Nath, and Bhairavi — and the new lot of Abbas Khan (recently out of the show), Yuvika and Upasna.

Says an Astitva insider, "The seniors never got along with the juniors. There is a problem in interaction." And that the show has lost its fizz post the leap hasn't helped either.

The replacement: Vishal Singh
We helped juniors

We spoke to Nikki, who admits, "We've had a harrowing time. The youngsters were taking a long time to get the expressions right. Abbas seldom got it right; Yuvika had problems initially, but is now getting better.

We had to shoot for lots of extra time." Nikki denies that the senior actors are to be blamed. "We have often helped these newcomers. We are very possessive about the show, having been with it longer," she says.

They drove us to tears

But Abbas Khan, who was replaced last week, disagrees. "Nikki did help, but only rarely.

On certain occasions, when Yuvika had a scene with a senior, she would burst into tears.

Even I cried on a few occasions; it was physically exhausting. Initially, I was told that I would be required for just 15 days, later they wanted more than 25 days."

Yuvika admits that she broke down once, but dismisses it as a ragging incident. "I was ragged on the first day when Nikkiji, Alokji and the others tried to fight with us. After that, there have been no problems. I am trying my best. I am a fresher and it is bound to take some time."

Yuvika feels that the new generation needs sufficient time to settle down, but the Astitva cast and crew are in a hurry.

"They should have given Abbas more time. After all, he was a fresher too." Says Abbas, "If I was not delivering, why was I tolerated for three months? There was a guy called Vipul who was in my place before. He was thrown out in one day."

Abbas alleges…

Continues Abbas, "That I don't know. But I was shocked when Ajay's (Sinha, the director of the show) wife Sangita called me at 10.30 pm and said I was not part of the serial anymore. I wish I could have asked them why."

Ajay should have been on the sets more, feels Abbas. "Often, I couldn't get it right because the two directors who were controlling the proceedings had a different vision, and neither coincided with Ajay's views.

I wish Ajay would come to the sets and take charge. He is busy with other things in life."

The actor continues, "I did not leave the serial because I wanted to do films. As far as I know, Astitva is coming to an end in the next two to three months. I have even started looking for more TV work."

Director's cut

Director Ajay Sinha refutes Abbas's charges. "That guy wanted to do films, so I let him go. There was never any problem on my sets between senior and junior artistes."

[email protected]

Actors and their replacements

Abbas Khan (now replaced by Vishal Singh) from Lucknow played Manas's son Sonu in Astitva. Varanasi-based Yuvika Chaudhary plays Simran's adopted daughter, Aastha. Both actors are from Zee's talent hunt, Cinestar Ki Khoj.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jingle thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

THANKS FOR THE ARTICLE

I HOPE THEY END THE SHOW SOON INSTEAD OF REPLACING THE ACTORS

principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I didn't imagine problems could occure on the sets of Astitva.. When you work on something for so long, you would know that bad working atmosphere would affect the chemistry between the actors and it would show on screen..

I don't like replacements.. I hope "Sid replacement" is the first and the last..

HoneyJaan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

o no

if this is the truth...thats sad

chweetweety thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh god....if thatz true then its very sad
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HoneyJaan

o no

if this is the truth...thats sad

true😕

Word Count: 1

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I am getting confused .One day someone says its ending and next they say it is not. Is there a way we can contact the show people to get the story straight.
Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Swathi,

Thanks for the information.

If it's all true it's indeed a pity but somewhere in my heart I feel what Niki Aneja has said is true.It's one of the most popular shows and most of the actors in it are rarely seen in any other serial at the moment so they are bound to feel possessive and competitive(with other serials).In the process of wanting to give a good performance maybe there are cases of impatience and arguements when it comes to handling poor performances.It's after all team work.Especially in emotional and comic scenes the sense of timing and reflexes of co-stars are very important.

All young aspiring actors have to go through these phases.No production house is running for charity.And didn't we have several members on our forum who didn't think much of Abbas's acting capability???

This Yuvika is an achiever.She will make it.Her hard work and tenacity is very obvious.She has improved so much.She has very smartly and diplomaticaly brushed aside the incidents on the sets as part of her job.She is so right when she says that they hardly had any time to prepare for the serial.For India's Best they were all giving rehearsed performances.

I feel sorry for Abbas but that's life,buddy.you got to be the best in this competitve and cut throat industry.Ofcourse maybe the way things are done is not right,but however nicely done the victim is never going to have a good feeling.

I have mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I have a gut feeling that Ajai Sinha is not directing the serial himself.This is one serial I have watched from the very beginning and hold close to my heart and I sincerely hope this talented man comes back and takes control of things himself.Only the captain can lead his crew to safe shores!!!

Cheers,

Akshata

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago
hrithick_luvr thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oh no, i dont want the show to end rite now, and i dont want to replace the actors either, the actors that they have rite now are really good