Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Home Movies TV
They're in the mood for love
Aug 22, 2015 - Natasha Coutinho
Email this page Printer-friendly version

Tashan-e-Ishq's photogenic lead pair Jasmin Bhasin and Zain Imam
Tashan-e-Ishq's photogenic lead pair Jasmin Bhasin and Zain Imam
Tashan-e-Ishq's photogenic lead pair Jasmin Bhasin and Zain Imam tell us about their lives on the sets " and off
Replacing the popular Jodha-Akbar on Zee, all eyes were on Zain Imam and Jasmin Bhasin, who play the lead pair of Yuvraj and Twinkle, in the new show Tashan-e-Ishq. While they've worked hard to make their chemistry come alive on screen, Zain and Jasmin tell us that off screen too, it has been a process of getting to know each other and forming the bond of friendship. In a chat with us, they give us the lowdown on their impressions of each other, what their equation is like, and more.
Zain, Jasmin, what was your first impression of each other?
Zain: Well Jasmin has done a lot of Telugu films, so I was wondering if she could speak Punjabi at all!
Jasmin: I thought that Zain was very sweet and humble " a well-behaved boy. Cute!
Tell us a fun fact about yourselves.
Zain: I'm bad at planning "perfect" dates.
Jasmin: I eat a lot. I need food all the time!

Okay, tell us a fun fact about each other.
Zain: She's always eating!
Jasmin: He forgets his dialogues often.

What's been the most memorable romantic scene you've shot for so far?
Zain: The scene where we plan to run away and I keep waiting for her, that was my favourite.
Jasmin: The ones shot in Amritsar. They were written well and the ambience just added to it.
Tell us something you admire about your co-star, and something you'd like to change.
Zain: Jasmin is like one of my guy friends. She's so full of energy. I think what she needs to change is learning what to say " and what not to " depending on the situation.
Jasmin: He is very down-to-earth. At times, we get scolded by our director " but he always takes it in the right spirit. I want to change the fact that he's too coy; he needs to be a fighter and give it back to some people!
Any fond memories from your growing up years that you'd like to share with our readers?
Zain: I was a big foodie and still am, so my memories mostly revolve around food.
Jasmin: I was the naughtiest kid in my hostel! I once teased my senior so much that she ended up crying. I would rag my seniors rather than the other way round.
Tell us about your first auditions.
Zain: After I gave my first audition, the casting director said, Yeh kaise karega'... so I knew he was doubting my ability and I thought to myself, Karna toh hai bhai'.
Jasmin: I was in Delhi when I got a call for a Tamil film. They called me to Chennai and I was made to say a few lines. I didn't know anything about acting but I got selected.
Who's the most fun person to be around, on the sets?
Zain: My onscreen nanaji and mamiji.
Jasmin: I think it would be me!
Did you have a childhood crush?
Zain: Too many to name!
Jasmin: I was a tomboy, so no crush.
Has a compliment from a fan ever made you blush?
Zain: Once a fan told me, Your lips are so luscious, if you kiss, they will melt'. I couldn't stop laughing when I read that comment!
Jasmin: Every time a fan tells me I have a lovely smile, I blush.
exoLarmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Zain: Once a fan told me, Your lips are so luscious, if you kiss, they will melt'. I couldn't stop laughing whEn I read the comment.

LOOOL I think that was me. Only kidding. But it's true, he has such nice lips!