kiranb06 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I know Sanjay Bhansali's dance competance has been in question. Well from what I know, from inside sources in the film industry, and from other sources, he grew up dancing and entertaining. In fact, the reason why he and Farah had had a tiff a long time ago was because of the choreography in 1942 A love story.. he contributed as much as she did, but she got all the credit for it, he being her assistant or somehting. I don't remember the whole story, but i know this for a fact. Which is why, in every movie of his, the dances are so visually appealing, because he captures the "essence" of the dance.

Edited by kiranb06 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiranb06

I know Sanjay Bhansali's dance competance has been in question. Well from what I know, from inside sources in the film industry, and from other sources, he grew up dancing and entertaining. In fact, the reason why he and Farah had had a tiff a long time ago was because of the choreography in 1942 A love story.. he contributed as much as she did, but she got all the credit for it, he being her assistant or somehting. I don't remember the whole story, but i know this for a fact. Which is why, in every movie of his, the dances are so visually appealing, because he captures the "essence" of the dance.

this was discussed at the beginning of the show..but thanks again for the info

purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing.... but i knew it... SLB was a choreographer before he tried his hand at direction....

So it does qualify him to judge JDJ 😊 ....
193980 thumbnail
Otherwise too I liked the explanation dancing doll gave in one of the posts that 3 aspects are important to judge the show. Technical (Farah), Director's view (Sanjay), Actress/Dancer (Shilpa). Farah will see how different the steps where and technical part. Sanjay will have whole theme etched out as he visualizes for the film and as an actress who is also a great dancer Shilpa will judge on that. If all 3 were choreographers then the judging will be more on just technical side.