Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deefan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -mina-

Strong bitchy prags that the CVS established so nicely mon to Wed - they exploded it today

Part of the histronics Mina. Hoping for the best here, they cant possibly show her bytchy all the time, they need to show her remorseful cos she looks so HOT when she puts people in their place 😆
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Meh I think they could have stood to hide her soft side a lil longer
Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deefan

Hi MMM** hugs**, I couldnt get on earlier.
Hope you're well 😛

Hi Dee Doll!!! **HUGS**

I'm good...still not watching...did catch an insta video on Pragya crying...Sriti is one talented woman..crying at the drop of a hat(with gylcerin but still!!!) and what is this i'm hearing no plan???What??? She had 20 whole days...to figure something out...whilst she was in hospital recovering...

On the plus side do we get more romance near the WIC door? *Sizzle sizzle*
Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deefan

Part of the histronics Mina. Hoping for the best here, they cant possibly show her bytchy all the time, they need to show her remorseful cos she looks so HOT when she puts people in their place 😆

The crying in private is supposed to make it more impactful with the b*^%$ness...showing that she can be bad ass...lol
Lkb79 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Pragya is the protagonist. It makes sense that they'd make us go through her struggle. So unfortunately that means we have to see her privately suffering.

Abhi is also a lead but in my opinion, he's not the main protagonist. The writers can play fast and loose with him and hide his plans and struggles and motivations. Have him jump in at the last minute and save everything because we aren't meant to identify with him like we are her.

It is irksome because fierce Pragya is so cool but they can't run with that attitude for too long. The writers need the general audience to identify with her and it won't after a while if it thinks she's being mean just to be mean. I think they could have waited a few more days but alas. We can never have good things forever. 😆
-mina- thumbnail
Why can't she be a fireball of rage even when on her own -_-

And where has she been all this time!!

And I think the first part of today's ep was a rare chance for sriti to outshine shabbo. His soppy sadness was much less compelling than her brazen witchiness XD
Lkb79 thumbnail
Well I've never been of the opinion that he's the star power and she's just along for the ride. They're both skilled actors, with different strengths. That being said, I'm glad she's being given an opportunity to stretch.

I can't wait for the weeks on end though of the complaints that Pragya is ruining Abhi's life and her plans are never right, like Abhi's. She's a female character - that's a given. 😆
-mina- thumbnail
she is a skilled actor - just given a lot less to do in general.
i like the point about protagonist vs lead. how people identify with abhi is something i don't understand. that is contrary to the design of soaps. it's like generically prohibited. but somehow many make the leap.

the attitude that everything pragya does is wrong upsets me a lot -_-
-mina- thumbnail
it is the tragedy of my life that i see no chemistry between shabbir and anurag - the actor who plays raj bhaiyya. that made their jail confrontation scene during the MMS track incredibly disappointing to me. i want to think it's just that they didn't get much screen time together or that it was bad editing but yeah i continue to not see a compelling dynamic between abhi and his cousin.

however i did see some sparks between nayi!pragya and raj bhaiyya today and i'm really eager to see sriti's scenes with him as the track unfolds with him as an antagonist/villain ^_^

Lkb79 thumbnail
I think the truth (and it took me too long to figure out) is it's hard to figure out the characteristics of Abhi and Pragya or any character because the show is plot driven. As a result, convenience is given higher regard than consistency. A character will suddenly become passive or active, intelligent or dumb as the plot requires. Therefore, it's always fruitless to try to claim some superior moral ground - that ground will always crumble as plot dictates.

Most of the time when I defend Pragya then, it's because I get sick of the constant attacks, the lack of understanding of what it is to be a female character on a soap, the inability to appreciate the societal context. She's really no smarter or stronger than Abhi, and he is clearly the more dynamic character but I'll always take her side because I find it embarrassing that so many don't.