vinita459 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Jhalak hosts root for Mona
By: Tushar Joshi
October 26, 2006

Parmeet Sethi and Archana Puran Singh
Archana Puran Singh has become an expert host, and has mastered the art of being the perfect emcee. However, her husband and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa co-host Parmeet Sethi had to deal with an entirely new concept.

"I am thrilled that Parmeet has made it through as a host with flying colours. I was nervous for him initially, but this time around he is in the driver's seat while I am the passenger!" she says.

Alvida time

After having been a part of the show for so many weeks, Archana now finds it hard to say goodbye. "I don't know what is going to happen to me after the results on Friday. It has been an overwhelmingly emotional journey right from the start. I can proudly say that working on this show has been the best experience of my professional career," she says.

Mona Singh
The Jhalak cast and crew have become like an extended family for Archana. "I usually keep my kids away from the sets, but the Jhalak set is so child-friendly that they love hanging out over there with us. Our vanity van is like a mini apartment and Parmeet and I spend a lot of time with the kids in there."

Among the contestants, Archana does have her favourites.

"I was rooting for Rati (Agnihotri) to make it through, as I know her personally. Besides her, I have newfound respect for Ajay Jadeja. He's a true sportsman and the way in which he exited the show was commendable. Apart from him, I also loved Mahesh's choreographer Soniya Jaffer. Even Sanjeev Kapoor has been a friend for a really long time."

Mona par fida

Between Mona and Shveta, Archana says, "I'm with Mona. But I want Longi (Shveta's choreographer) to win too as I have known him for the last 25 years. He used to train me during Jalwa. He's a hardworking man and deserves every bit of of the success he has got."

As for Mona, she says, "I have known Mona for the last couple of years. Apart from being extremely popular with the audience, she is also a very sincere girl. She has surprised everyone by making it to the finals of the show."

Parmeet too admits that his vote is divided between Mona and Longi. "I would love to see Mona take home the trophy, but I am also cheering for Longi. We go back a long way," he says.

On the work front, the actor is waiting for interesting roles to come his way. "I don't know what I will do after DON. I don't want to get stuck in a show that doesn't interest me. Jhalak has given me tremendous scope and confidence to do different things, and I hope to carry that experience forward."