Episode Discussion - 17.08.2015

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Our usual reviewers are not here today, hence I'm creating this thread for the discussions to flow about today's episode 😳

Please feel free to share your thoughts here 😳

I'm currently writing down my views, and will update in the next post 😊
Edited by -Nidoo- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Silencia- thumbnail
Before dissecting today's episode, I want to shed light on this juice track. As I mentioned in the LU thread, I understand the thought process behind this track, but the execution has been so botched up, that it resembles nothing but a laughable attempt at the family reunion.

The moments leading to the Bhalla family break-up were very realistic, and the situations so close to life, that we all fell for it. The makers wanted to show how money and power corrupts one and all, and how ties break because of greed, ego and insecurities. The eldest son and DIL were made to suffer the most. They were disrespected and humiliated by their elders and younger ones alike. 

Raman was questioned on:

(A) his showcase of his money & power
(B) his blind trust on his 1.5 yrs old 2nd wife
(C) his fight for his & his wife's self-respect (which they termed as ego)
(D) his love and concern for his parents and siblings

Ishita was questioned on:

(A) her involvement in his business
(B) her involvement in everyone else's life & the ruins of thereafter

The misunderstandings and the pain thereafter, heart-touching. Very well written, and brilliantly executed 👏 👏 👏

The next logical step in the storyline? Reunite the family. 

Make everyone realize the worth of these 2 individuals - the eldest Son and the DIL - their emotional, financial, personal worth. Let people understand how much they do for the family, and to what extent.

How to make everyone realize Raman & Ishita's worth? By making them understand the following:

(A) How hard Raman works, and at what levels - Involve ministry contracts
(B) How difficult it is for him to weave his magic in the business even when he is at top (problems et al.) - Involve business rivals
(C) How much of an emotional support he is for the family - Involve a threat to life
(D) How much he cares for his siblings - Involve defending younger brother in front of an important business colleague + Paying huge sums of money to sister's lecherous ex-husband so that sister & niece are safe + Promise younger sister / brother a 5 BHK flat because she wants so
(E) How much Ishita cares for everyone in the family - Involve her explaining to her sister & BIL about not harming her other BIL's newly established business + Standing alongside her husband in the case of both his sisters' needs
(F) How truly responsible and deserving she is, for him to have transferred all his monetary assets in her name - Involve her getting involved in his business and handling major contracts
(G) How the family can't truly survive without them - Involve members unable to cope up with financial as well emotional pressures with each other

The CVs had ALL the right ingredients, for this to have been a brilliant, emotional family track. THIS was the thought process behind it all.

And look at what we got?! 😭 😭 😭 I don't blame the actors as much as I blame the writing here 😭 After writing all this in words, I'm actually stunned at how the execution of such a potent plot could've gone so wrong 😭

This is the reason why I now watch each episode for just the day itself. Today was watchable, and likeable 😳 Will be dissecting today's episode in another post.
Edited by -Nidoo- - 8 years ago
mayasun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Nidhi,
Thanks for opening the thread. As Gan and Akashna did not open thread last week I never had a place to vent out my rant.

Sorry you have to hear about my rant in your first thread itself. 

I would have been happy to gush in your thread if you had opened one during IshRa C and morning after but alas you just opened your thread and you are going to feel my rant.

The starting of the track was beautiful how one person greed was catching in the family and allowed it to break it apart. It was beautifully executed. 

MIL/DIL joining together to unite the family also was good but it was not up to the mark as they only showed everyone they needed Raman for only his money. I would have been happy along with it that they would miss Raman for his love but that piece they did not execute it. It would have been beautiful to watch.

Romi apology they left it incomplete he only apologized to Raman what about Bala,Mihir and Ishita and what about him finding the truth about Ishita and feeling guilty about  how he treated her?

Everybody is complaining the juice track was included to make Ishita mahan  I disagree with this notion. I think this track was executed to show everyone in the family that Raman decision of making Ishita the heir was right because even without him she would fulfill his dreams and be united with the family. 

It was a beautiful track but the execution was really bad they should have showed if they did not want him to be serious they could have said that he is induced coma for a day or two so that his body heals that does happen in real life that doctors do make the patients go in to a induced coma for a day or two for their body to heal. It would have made sense that there was no way to communicate with Raman so Ishita took all the decision without informing him which would have been acceptable instead they showed Raman is behaving like a child in a sense that is also true because he has a hospital phobia but when you see him throwing tantrums and running around you immediately think why cannot he deal with company problems over phone and why is Ishita hiding stuff so the execution of the track failed miserably and it  is irritating as viewer to see one lead highlighted and the other lead sidelined.

I am still hoping against hope that they give a conclusion to the family mu track very nicely instead of just making them go back to the house because all the family helped in delivering the juice.

Coming to today episode it was watchable because of IshRa conversation which was nice after Toshjii hijacked the phone and Raman immediately realizing his mistake and apologizing but I am still waiting to hear Ishita saying she was wrong in hiding things from Raman again. 

Suraj and Parameet was good but I find Parameet is lacking his villiangiri.

Rinki I cannot understand her she wanted the production to be stopped but when they did what she wanted she immediately thought that this is not right where are her brain cells when she was making the plans to stop the order.

Sarika I don't understand her character at all she heard Rinki asking Suraj to stop the order she should have at least told Romi about it so that they would have been more vigilant in guarding the juice.

Raman entry was cool to watch. He looked really looked handsome and Ishita looked beautiful in white sari.

I don't know how a dog can smell pesticides and figure it out but I will take that as creative liberty and go with the flow.

Once again thanks for opening the thread.

Edited by mayasundar - 8 years ago
kaa1202 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi Nidoo,
                 U have said it all. That is the trend of Cvs from Mani track. All the tracks have potential, some had greater potential but still they ruined it. I still blame time slot for that. I still remember 20th September,2014 is the last episode of 11pm slot. From 22nd it was crap sucking for TRPs. 
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: kaa1202

Hi Nidoo,
                 U have said it all. That is the trend of Cvs from Mani track. All the tracks have potential, some had greater potential but still they ruined it. I still blame time slot for that. I still remember 20th September,2014 is the last episode of 11pm slot. From 22nd it was crap sucking for TRPs. 

True. As much as everyone hates the Mani track, I believe that one too had tremendous potential to have paved way to IshRa's beautiful love story and acceptance of each other, and the execution of it all was really pathetic.

Same with this juice track. I understand the need for drama, and it could have been much more dramatic too, but alas 
s_kavya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nice post Nidoo.. you have written valid points here... i agree that this track had started very well where we seen how Raman's one decision of making ishita owner of his company created split between family... May be it was only Rinky who had problem with Raman put his company on ishita 's name and other family members were not against Raman's Decision but then they surely have misunderstood Raman Mr bhalla without knowing entire matter both times misunderstood Raman.. romi also was rude with both ishra... sarika in her insecurities was confused and she also somewhere MU ishra.. ishra leaved bhalla house all this things were expected very well and we could relate to this things as its close to reality and happens in joint families... and no need to say DT.. KP and other all actors done great job...

Then Mrs bhalla came after some initial MU she understood situation and ishu and Toshiji decided to reunite family made efforts.. romi realised his mistake apologised to Raman but he didn't apologised to ishu..bala.. mihir .. which i really wanted...

Now coming to this juice track i agree the execution have been bad in this track.. Raman got beaten black and blue.. he got injured.. i was wishing for some emotional ishra moments but instead we got some comedy i understand Raman scared of injection and all .. i liked Raman's antics but still i wanted some emotional ishra moments..which we didn't get.. ishu handling business ok for drama sake CV 's showed all this but they done mistake by not involving Raman in completing this contract yes he is here in some at end moments action but it would have been better if ishu would have told him and he would have guide her in all this instead of showing some random society ladies giving there advice... that way they could have shown ishra working together and family supporting them realising worth of ishra... but as usual CV 's started well but in the end they lost there marbles..

Coming to today's Epi... i loved puttar Biwi phone convo it was cute.. adorable bas don't want to say much about rest of the Epi as i just want now end of this juice track 😆

Edited by s_kavya - 8 years ago
JayashreeV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi nidoo this is my first comment.

I agree whatever ur written points and the show from September2014 is just made for TRP's.

Today episode is watchable...

Edited by JayashreeV - 8 years ago
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: JayashreeV

Hi nidoo this is my first comment.

I agree whatever ur written points and the show from September2014 is just made for TRP's.

Today episode is watchable...

Hi Jayashree, you're most welcome here 😊

Yeah, as an individual episode, it was definitely watchable, and likeable too 😳
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayasundar

Hi Nidhi,

Thanks for opening the thread. As Gan and Akashna did not open thread last week I never had a place to vent out my rant. You're most welcome Maya 🤗

Sorry you have to hear about my rant in your first thread itself. 

I would have been happy to gush in your thread if you had opened one during IshRa C and morning after but alas you just opened your thread and you are going to feel my rant. No worries 😳

The starting of the track was beautiful how one person greed was catching in the family and allowed it to break it apart. It was beautifully executed. 

MIL/DIL joining together to unite the family also was good but it was not up to the mark as they only showed everyone they needed Raman for only his money. I would have been happy along with it that they would miss Raman for his love but that piece they did not execute it. It would have been beautiful to watch. True. They had Ishita & Toshi doing all the work, and put too much focus on the monetary part of it. But I had made my peace with it, because money / financial status was the primary reason behind the split as well/

Romi apology they left it incomplete he only apologized to Raman what about Bala,Mihir and Ishita and what about him finding the truth about Ishita and feeling guilty about  how he treated her? He doesn't even know Ishita is Rohit's guarantor  Apologizing to Raman only will not make him redeem himself 😕

Everybody is complaining the juice track was included to make Ishita mahan  I disagree with this notion. I think this track was executed to show everyone in the family that Raman decision of making Ishita the heir was right because even without him she would fulfill his dreams and be united with the family.  True. It was meant to showcase how he was right in choosing her as the one person to carry on his responsibilities, thereby proving how much his family means to him that he cannot let his inexperienced siblings take hold of all the responsibility.

It was a beautiful track but the execution was really bad they should have showed if they did not want him to be serious they could have said that he is induced coma for a day or two so that his body heals that does happen in real life that doctors do make the patients go in to a induced coma for a day or two for their body to heal. It would have made sense that there was no way to communicate with Raman so Ishita took all the decision without informing him which would have been acceptable instead they showed Raman is behaving like a child in a sense that is also true because he has a hospital phobia but when you see him throwing tantrums and running around you immediately think why cannot he deal with company problems over phone and why is Ishita hiding stuff so the execution of the track failed miserably and it  is irritating as viewer to see one lead highlighted and the other lead sidelined. Logic and YHM broke up a long time ago. They don't even talk to each other now  😆

I am still hoping against hope that they give a conclusion to the family mu track very nicely instead of just making them go back to the house because all the family helped in delivering the juice. I doubt that'll happen. Because in the newer OLVs, they're already at home immediately after the juice track 😕

Coming to today episode it was watchable because of IshRa conversation which was nice after Toshjii hijacked the phone and Raman immediately realizing his mistake and apologizing but I am still waiting to hear Ishita saying she was wrong in hiding things from Raman again. Well, Toshi told him that doctor asked not to put too much pressure on him. That means this won't be happening anytime soon 😕 I don't like how every single CVs make him apologize, even if she's wrong 😕

Suraj and Parameet was good but I find Parameet is lacking his villiangiri. True. Ever since he's back, his creep level has gone down. Though I liked the scene with Suraj, Parmeet & Raman. Vineer and KP did a good job there 😃

Rinki I cannot understand her she wanted the production to be stopped but when they did what she wanted she immediately thought that this is not right where are her brain cells when she was making the plans to stop the order. Her brain is officially unable to function. I understand that she's concerned with li'l kids' lives and wants to save them, but how come she was never concerned by her brother being beaten black and blue and fighting for his life in the hospital 

Sarika I don't understand her character at all she heard Rinki asking Suraj to stop the order she should have at least told Romi about it so that they would have been more vigilant in guarding the juice. I hope she at least tells Romi or Toshi 😕

Raman entry was cool to watch. He looked really looked handsome and Ishita looked beautiful in white sari. He looked SO HANDSOME in the last scene. I could not take my eyes off him

I don't know how a dog can smell pesticides and figure it out but I will take that as creative liberty and go with the flow. He's a super dog 😆

Once again thanks for opening the thread. Once again, you're welcome 😳

Replies in purple 😊
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: s_kavya

Nice post Nidoo.. you have written valid points here... i agree that this track had started very well where we seen how Raman's one decision of making ishita owner of his company created split between family... May be it was only Rinky who had problem with Raman put his company on ishita 's name and other family members were not against Raman's Decision but then they surely have misunderstood Raman Mr bhalla without knowing entire matter both times misunderstood Raman.. romi also was rude with both ishra... sarika in her insecurities was confused and she also somewhere MU ishra.. ishra leaved bhalla house all this things were expected very well and we could relate to this things as its close to reality and happens in joint families... and no need to say DT.. KP and other all actors done great job...

Then Mrs bhalla came after some initial MU she understood situation and ishu and Toshiji decided to reunite family made efforts.. romi realised his mistake apologised to Raman but he didn't apologised to ishu..bala.. mihir .. which i really wanted...

Now coming to this juice track i agree the execution have been bad in this track.. Raman got beaten black and blue.. he got injured.. i was wishing for some emotional ishra moments but instead we got some comedy i understand Raman scared of injection and all .. i liked Raman's antics but still i wanted some emotional ishra moments..which we didn't get.. ishu handling business ok for drama sake CV 's showed all this but they done mistake by not involving Raman in completing this contract yes he is here in some at end moments action but it would have been better if ishu would have told him and he would have guide her in all this instead of showing some random society ladies giving there advice... that way they could have shown ishra working together and family supporting them realising worth of ishra... but as usual CV 's started well but in the end they lost there marbles..

Coming to today's Epi... i loved puttar Biwi phone convo it was cute.. adorable bas don't want to say much about rest of the Epi as i just want now end of this juice track 😆

@underlined - The way he insulted them all was horrible. The least the CVs can do is make him say sorry, and fall at Ishita's feet. The lady has done so much for him, despite him having hurt her family members time and again 

@bold - That was my expectation too 😕 They could have shown stronger IshRa bonding, Ishita feeling for Raman 😳

@red - Exactly! He's an experienced businessman. If nothing else, he could have guided her along the way. It was a prestigious ministry contract, not a school project that society ladies were called upon 😕

@blue - That would have been the true closure of this track 😳

@green - 😆 😆 They're smoking something which we don't have access to 😆

IshRa's phone conversation was truly adorable 😳 And RKB looked killer at the end

Great points, Kavya! 👏