Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

It's sort of funny. At one hand we have Hamza claiming that he did the movie just for friends and is not being paid and on the other hand, we have Humayun who says Hamza is being paid. Somebody shared this tribune blog on my Facebook and the caption was, "We all have that one friend who takes money and then forgets." 😆 They're a making a joke out of the entire promotion that the film needs. Hamza is busy explaining the same thing again and again (which people hardly believe, must I say) and then they're contradicting each other's statement. He has done the film, he regrets is. Okay, it is fine. But then stand by it.. promote it. What's the reason to be this against the movie, no matter if he got paid for it or not? At least he should stop making a joke out of himself. And as ranidrops mentioned, Humayun and Vasay are his really good friends. Just for their sake, he should stop creating this fuss. If people are calling him a hypocrite, then he should let them instead of writing those long posts on FB just to clarify and explain. What's done is done. Chalo not attend the promotional visits but why create this mess? Why can't he keep quiet?

I agree..but the funny thing is he just recently shot for some JPNA photoshoot, and also shot for some promotional song for the film as well if I'm not mistaken? This is all going on while he's claiming he doesn't want to promote the film. lol

Humayun is right when he says that Hamza's the most enthusiastic when it comes to JPNA's promotions. He's indirectly giving this film so much publicity. It makes you question his intentions as well. A lot of the things Hamza has been saying in regards to the film is in poor taste. He claimed he didn't do JPNA for money, yet Humayun one of the producers of the film clearly dismissed that. Why is Hamza even saying such a thing? That clearly doesn't even make sense. He also keeps justifying himself and then contradicting it all. I don't know what goes through Hamza's head, but he really needs to stop talking about this film altogether. Last week, he was in sync with many of his fans being against JPNA for it's content..saying boycott the film if you want to, he's with them..and then these justifications as to what he really did, how he didn't want to do it but was forced to do it..how he isn't being paid..seriously? This is all very unprofessional of Hamza. He should just let it be. He's only making a joke out of himself.
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I like him a lot as an actor actually because of Pyarey Afzal. But all his statements on item numbers, JPNA and PTI really irk me. It would be fine of him to say a sentence or two condemning item numbers but he writes such long posts and that too when the actresses doing item numbers are his close friends, for instance, Mehwish Hayat, Ayesha Omer. JPNA.. well, we just discussed about it. And PTI ke liye he's wayy too sensitive. 😆 He should limit his posts to updates on his shoots and projects. It's fine of him to talk about incidents like Charlie Hebdo, Peshawar Attack but this JPNA mess is seriously going to defame him, not the film. He should stay out of matters like these and not pass such contradictory statements on his page that has, not to mention, some 2+ million likes.

Ho kya hoga hai isko! He's wonderful actor.. why can't he focus more on his projects? It's kind of sad because his career is indirectly getting affected by it. He's so vocal about corruption, politics, army, terrorism.. I feel like he could have brought more change to Pakistan by being an honest civil servant rather than an actor 😆 Acting and being vocal about such controversial issues will not do him any good.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I agree..but the funny thing is he just recently shot for some JPNA photoshoot, and also shot for some promotional song for the film as well if I'm not mistaken? This is all going on while he's claiming he doesn't want to promote the film. lol

Humayun is right when he says that Hamza's the most enthusiastic when it comes to JPNA's promotions. He's indirectly giving this film so much publicity. It makes you question his intentions as well. A lot of the things Hamza has been saying in regards to the film is in poor taste. He claimed he didn't do JPNA for money, yet Humayun one of the producers of the film clearly dismissed that. Why is Hamza even saying such a thing? That clearly doesn't even make sense. He also keeps justifying himself and then contradicting it all. I don't know what goes through Hamza's head, but he really needs to stop talking about this film altogether. Last week, he was in sync with many of his fans being against JPNA for it's content..saying boycott the film if you want to, he's with them..and then these justifications as to what he really did, how he didn't want to do it but was forced to do it..how he isn't being paid..seriously? This is all very unprofessional of Hamza. He should just let it be. He's only making a joke out of himself.

@bold: Did he? :o

Vasay should teach Hamza how to be less enthusiastic about every little issue and stop pouring out his thoughts on his Facebook page. 😆 The likes he got on his page because of his acting career is more used like a blog tbh 😆

Vasay tweeted "Socho agar film se pehle inti comedy tou film mein kitni comedy hogi." 🤣
-Kashmiri- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

JPNA isn't inspired by Bollywood or Hollywood: Vasay Chaudhry

By Hassan Choudary

Published: September 12, 2015
307SHARES
Tweet Email
Screenwriter/actor opens up about comparisons between JPNA and Masti/Grand Masti. PHOTO: PUBLICITY

Screenwriter/actor opens up about comparisons between JPNA and Masti/Grand Masti. PHOTO: PUBLICITY

KARACHI: If there's one thing that REALLY irritates Vasay Chaudhry, it's comparing his upcoming film Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (JPNA) to Bollywood film Grand Masti.

Vasay is not only playing one of the main characters in the film, he has also written it. And he isn't happy when people say JPNA is inspired by Bollywood. "When the teaser came out people said it's a copy of [Hollywood blockbuster] Hangover. And after the trailer was released, all publications started comparing it to Masti and Grand Masti. What if it doesn't turn out to be either? Will they write an apology letter to me?" he said while speaking to The Express Tribune.

Read: Trailer release: Will Jawani Phir Nahi Ani be a hit or a miss?

PHOTO: PUBLICITY

The talented screenwriter/actor " who has also written Humayun Saeed's Mein Hoon Shahid Afridi - says it's absurd how the younger crop of film critics, reporters and bloggers never do any research before making such claims. "Everyone keeps saying dancing and singing isn't part of Pakistani cinema. How many Pakistani films have these people seen? Was Noor Jehan singing for Raj Kapoor? Did Ahmed Rushdi lend his voice to Rishi Kapoor? Who was Waheed Murad? He danced his way into women's hearts!" he asserted.

And he has a point doesn't he? After all, singing and dancing has been part of Pakistan's film industry since its inception. "Approximately 2,600 feature films have been released in Pakistan, of which 2,589 have songs in them. Who did Adnan Sami Khan sing Zarra Dholki Bajao Goriyo for? Did Waheed Murad not sway the audience with Meray Khayalon Mein and Akailay Na Jana? You may not like it but do not try to tamper with history. Who did Noor Jehan sing 20,000 songs for?"

Vasay says if anyone has to define JPNA's genre, they must do so by comparing it to older Pakistani films. "Yes, we have taken inspiration but not from Bollywood. We were inspired by Urdu films like Chor Machai Shor and Punjabi films, such as Naukar Voti Da, Soura Tay Javai. But no one ever talks about that. Even our song Khul Jaye Botal is an ode to Disco Dildar Mera from Punjabi film Dhee Rani but people compared it to Disco Deewane from Student of the Year," he continued.

Speaking about the storyline, he says JPNA is a coming-of-age story of four friends. "It's an out and out comedy. I am not claiming I have written Gone With The Wind. It's a very basic story and a Pakistani take on that story. But it's not Grand Masti either. There are no vulgar jokes in the film."

When asked how difficult it was to fit into a character that he has written himself, he said, "It's very easy actually. Even when I am not playing a character in a story, I have all these character sketches in my head. How they walk or how they speak. So I think it's easy for me to take up a role I have written."

Read: He is being paid': Humayun dismisses Hamza's claim of not taking money for JPNA

Does this mean Vasay gets the best lines? "Very good question; no! I'll tell you an incident. Once I saw a PTV host read fan mail for Teen Batta Teen. Someone had asked why Lucy's character was the funniest. Because Adeel Hashmi " who was playing that role " was also the scriptwriter?'

For some reason this got stuck with me. And when I started writing in 2000, I made sure no one would ask me the same question. I think I have proven to be fair and just to my characters, otherwise Fawad and Ahmed Butt wouldn't be heroes in Jutt and Bond or Ahmed wouldn't have given hits like Rubber Band or Inspector Khojee."

And finally, when asked what's the one expectation the audience should have from JPNA, he said,"It's a slightly different taste of comedy from what you have experienced in the last two years. It's not similar to Na Maloom Afraad, Karachi Se Lahore or Wrong Number. It's not in the same zone. People will get to see a different kind of humour."

JPNA will hit cinemas on Eidul Azha. Here's wishing Vasay and the rest of the team good luck!

http://tribune.com.pk/story/955067/jpna-isnt-inspired-by-bollywood-or-hollywood-vasay-chaudhry/

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^ Sarwat is in it too ? O.0
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i feel this is a mix of few bollywood films from the trailer. Humayun is looking better as he ages ... we all should do what ever he is doing to look like that. Sohai dances well i guess. Other one with a lip job... UuuFFF ...
Edited by cimba - 9 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
UPDATED ABOUT 8 HOURS AGO

This song is the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani amusement park ride: Adnan Malik

MEHREEN HASAN

ASSISTANT EDITOR

Watch the full JPNA title track here!

The JPNA title song was like a two-day massive party " Screengrab

If Jawani Phir Nahi Ani is the party film it is touted to be, then its title song is an outright mini-carnival.

The 13-member ensemble cast goes all out in the groovy rap number, glammed to the max (thanks to the collective efforts of Deepak Perwani and Humayun Alamgir).

The women's wardrobe was Deepak Perwani, while Humayun Alamgir dressed the men " Photo courtesy Adnan Malik

They take turns leaping on a trampoline, Ismail Tara spins on a tawa as a throwback to 50/50 and Bushra Ansari's brought a rifle to the party. Leading ladies Mehwish Hyatt and Sohai Abro cavort in cages, and cosy up with main man Humayun Saeed on a leather couch. Hamza Ali Abbasi strips out of his jacket (ahem).

Ismail Tara brings a bit of 50/50 and Madam Noorjehan back " Photo courtesy Adnan Malik

"The song will be a real treat for the audience," says the video director Adnan Malik of 'JPNA'. "They'll get to see Pakistan's top celebrities let loose in an unfiltered party environment."

Adnan, who's previously directed the music videos for 'My Punjabi Love For You' and most recently the Coca Cola World Cup song 'Phir Se Game Utha De', was roped in to call the shots for the title track, just days before the shoot.

The director with Mehwish Hayat and Humayun Saeed " Photo courtesy Adnan Malik

"Five days before the shoot of this song, Humayun and Ahmed Ali Butt first talked to me about directing this video, and an hour later, I was in Humayun's office. I had no idea how we were going to shoot this song in five days, but it was the only date all 13 actors were available. So we shot it in two nights, and it was like a massive party."

Javed Sheikh having a ball on his Vespa scooter " Photo courtesy Adnan Malik

There's fun and games aplenty in the song, but Adnan's also snuck in an element of gender subversion.

While the guys tell Mehwish Hayat and Sohai Abro to "nach, nach, nach ke dikha", soon it's the girls who throw the same words back to them. "This was very conscious decision on our part; we're wanted to subvert the male gaze this way," Adnan said.

Nach, nach, nach ke dikha! " Screengrabs

The song, produced by Hasil Kureishi, sees Ahmed Ali Butt return to his rap origins, while Faiza Mujahid sings the female hook. It samples Madam Noorjehan's 'Mundeya Dupatta Chad Mera' from the Nadeem and Babra Sharif-starrer Mukhra, and Ahmed reminds us of the credit in a rap verse: "Sur sing kerti thi meri Nani!"

Ahmed Ali Butt returns to his rap origins in this song " Photo courtesy Adnan Malik

'JPNA' is meant to play in the end credits of the film, and Adnan has the opportunity to capitalise on the collective star power of celebrities, who've shed their character's skins and are just getting their party mode on. It's interesting to see how the presence of a guest director can really switch up a film's feel and aesthetic.

Like Adnan says, "The song is the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani amusement park ride!"

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
JPNA title song directed by Adnan Malik song by Ahmad Ali Butt
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cimba

i feel this is a mix of few bollywood films from the trailer. Humayun is looking better as he ages ... we all should do what ever he is doing to look like that. Sohai dances well i guess. Other one with a lip job... UuuFFF ...

Yeah I keep thinking she has done something to her face. It looks bloated sometimes, maybe botox. I dunno about lip fillers. She is young right? Like 20 years old?