Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago
I so wish this was a proper pak movie with hamza ayesha k in the lead a d vasay sarwat as the 2nd lead
They cud hv shown it a fun story of two couples who went on a trip to rekindle their marital life

I m sick and tired of seeing humayun getting the limelight in all the films

First he destroyed bin roye and now in here his love story with mehwish is such a torture

I wud hv loved to see more of hamza ayesha k vasay instead

And I really feel bad for mehwish

She is a terrific actress

I m watching kabhi kabhi now in ZINDAGI a d my goodness she owns that show singlehandedly

But in films she is such a side kick

This is an insult to her talent

I hv to instagram her to do at least one quality drama in a yr in addition to this lollywood crapfest

It wud hv been funnier if hamza played humayuns role instead and some other young hero was cast in hamzas role

Then I wud hv enjoyed the trailer more

Humayun shud stop becoming lead hero
-Kashmiri- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nothing original as expected. I'm sure it'll do well in the BO but it isn't fair to expect people to support Pakistani films like this.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: starstruckk

The trailer is heavily Bollywood inspired. And, seems like Sohai is the new female dancer people are trying to rope in every other film.

The funniest thing of all is that Hamza and some of his huge fans are asking people to boycott the film because it's vulgar in content. I feel Hamza has lost his mind.

LOL! This is hilarious.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

The campaign is going on one of his fan's facebook page. Hamza follows this fanpage also. I think it's his biggest fanpage on facebook. Hamza's responses are shown on this page.

Here are the links and Hamza's response to his fans heading the boycott against JPNA:

Links:

https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAliAbbasiFP/photos/a.561952597268381.1073741866.515917608538547/709315752532064/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAliAbbasiFP/photos/a.561952597268381.1073741866.515917608538547/709515209178785/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAliAbbasiFP/photos/a.561952597268381.1073741866.515917608538547/709559932507646/?type=1&theater

The thing is this is not only Hamza's project and neither his money is invested in this project so I find this whole boycott campaign pathetic since a lot of other people are involved in this project. Hamza shouldn't have done this project in the first place now that he did he should be standing by this project. It really is being unfair to Humayun Saeed and Vasay who have a big part in what Hamza is today.
People who won't like it won't watch, its not like this film is first of its kind in Pakistan so all this does not make sense. I'll watch this film if it releases here
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
this is the reason I don't like Hamza. hypocrite

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
it seriously look like masti shaukeens kinda movie
nadeem baigh seriously
thariki buddhaa😆
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hamza is a total different story.. like nobody cares about you.. shut up..
But I kinda like this trailer.. It's exactly gonna be like masti and No entry so it will be entertaining.. Sohai is so damn irritating.. can she stop..😡
I don't even mind the skimpy outfits anymore.. It's gotta be there you can't escape that.. you have to cater to that glamour if you want to cut out on the Rival industry
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Published: August 22, 2015
259SHARES
Tweet Email
The superstar says despite saying he won't, Hamza is doing a better job promoting the film than all other actors. PHOTO: FILE

The superstar says despite saying he won't, Hamza is doing a better job promoting the film than all other actors. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: Hamza Ali Abbasi is making headlines' again, and no one is surprised. A few months ago, he posted a status on Facebook dissing the "emerging trend of revealing item numbers". The statement was followed by the release of a teaser of his own film Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (JPNA), in which he was seen dancing with bikini-clad women.

And now, less than a month before the release of the film, Hamza has claimed he isn't being paid for JPNA and won't be promoting the film unless the two songs he does not approve of " but is part of " are dropped from the movie.

SCREENGRAB

"Let me clarify, the reason for which I did this film was not money. I am not being paid for this film. I am not being paid a single penny for this. I did this film only for the sake of my friendship with Humayun Saeed (Humayun isn't just playing one of the main characters in the film, he has also produced it)," he told The Express Tribune. He later posted the same thing on his Facebook page along with six other points, explaining his point-of-view on the matter.

Read: It's a wrap for Jawani Phir Nahi Ani'

Hamza says when he found out about the execution of the film " which was a while after he signed the film " he tried to back out as he thought certain elements in the movie were not in line with his values.

"A month before the shoot started, I did tell Humayun I didn't want to do it. But then, due to certain reasons, my personal reasons, I had to be a part of it. The entire film is a family entertainer. My objection is just to one sequence in one song which is barely a minute-long," he added. However, his Facebook status mentioned he was uncomfortable with two songs.

And no points for guessing which sequence it is: the song shot on a beach in Bangkok, featuring women in bikinis dancing around all the male characters " played by Humayun, Hamza, Vasay Chaudhry and Ahmed Ali Butt.

The "controversial" teaser

"Yes, it's vulgar. For me it is vulgar. Let me be very straightforward. I think if anybody tries to justify 14 women in bikinis, dancing around, jumping around, as not being vulgar so then, ya mein pagal hoon ya woh pagal hai (either I am mad or they're mad). I don't know how else you'd define vulgarity," he said.

But that's not it. Hamza elaborated that he had no idea such a sequence would be a part of the film. "We were on the beach shooting some scenes on a boat when suddenly, and it might sound funny as well, Vasay (writer and co-actor) and I saw 14 women coming in bikinis and we were both taken aback. That's when we were told we were supposed to do the song with these women."

Could he have backed out? Or thrown around some clout to have his way? "In such a situation, you can only say no' to a certain degree. Especially when you know it's your friend's money on the line. It's your best friend's production on the line; so, you can only push things to an extent. We protested, and opposed but ultimately it's the director's call. So, at that point, we had to do it, I had to do it."

PHOTO: FACEBOOK

But Hamza doesn't blame the audience or his critics for vociferously objecting to the dance number. "People who are saying this shouldn't have happened are absolutely right," he said, adding that he won't be actively promoting the film precisely for this reason.

"Our distributors told me to promote it and I said you take out this song and I will promote it as much as you want. That song is the only thing I have a problem with, apart from that there's no cheap humour or double meaning dialogues in the film. I am proud of the fact that Jawani Phir Nahi Ani has clean comedy, absolutely clean comedy."

You'd think that Hamza's decision to not promote the film would irk lead actor and producer of JPNA Humayun Saeed but that's not the case. "Won't promote it? No other actor is promoting the film as enthusiastically as Hamza is," he responded with a laugh when The Express Tribune asked him to comment on Hamza's statement.

And he is right. The buzz that Hamza's Facebook statuses have generated (he has nearly two-and-a-half million followers) has benefited the film tremendously in terms of publicity. Also, Hamza has been giving interviews so what exactly does he mean when he says he won't promote the film?

Humayun also clarified that Hamza is in fact being paid for working in JPNA: "He hasn't asked me for the money, yes that's true. But he is being paid. I don't know if he has already received payment because I haven't checked with the accounts department but he will be paid the amount stated on the contract he signed."

He also acknowledged that Hamza did tell him he wanted to back out of the project before they started filming but it was too late by then: "Whatever transition he went through in terms of his values, he did after committing to me that he would do JPNA. By the time he told me he didn't want to do the film, the script was locked, and sponsors had already come on board. At that point, even I couldn't have backed out of the project because when you sign a contract with sponsors, you can't make any changes to the cast."

Humayun said if Hamza had told him sooner there would have been absolutely no issue and he would have happily let Hamza step out. "If you think about it, it was unprofessional of him to try and leave the film after signing it. I really was in a fix at that point; so, I asked him to stay. And he did. But that wasn't a favour he had done for me. It was him who had put me in the spot in the first place."

He also said he appreciates Hamza for honouring his commitment but he never pressured him into signing the film. "Even now, it's unprofessional of him to say he won't promote the film. If he has made the commitment, he should honour it in full. His job doesn't end at the completion of the shoot. Promotion is as much a part of the deal as shooting."

However, that doesn't mean Humayun would treat Hamza unfairly by not compensating him duly for his contribution to the project. "He didn't ask for money even when he worked in Main Hoon Shahid Afridi. The same way I didn't ask for money when I did scenes for his movie Kambakht. But I still paid him. And he will be compensated now too."

The superstar also disclosed that all the members have graciously reduced their fees for JPNA in their bid to support the still-nascent film industry. "It's really sweet of them. They are all my friends but they haven't done this for me. They have done this for Pakistani cinema," he said.

Talking about the controversial bikini song in the film, Humayun said, "It wasn't just Hamza and Vasay who were surprised to see the girls. I was too. It was the director's and the choreographer's call. When we initially discussed the song, I didn't think much of it. We were shooting on a beach in Bangkok after all. That's what beaches in other parts of the world look like. If we had shown bikini-clad women on a beach in Karachi or if our actresses were dressed that way then sure, you could blame us for promoting vulgarity. But how are we supposed to shoot a song on a beach in Bangkok without it looking like a beach in Bangkok?"

What's clear is that Humayun has learnt his lesson. "There's no way I am ever letting this happen again. Even if we have to shoot on a beach, we'll do it like we do it for TV. Zoom the camera into the ocean," he said jokingly.

The producer's job is a tough one and Humayun has no qualms in admitting his partners and JPNA co-producers Shahzad Nasib, Salman Iqbal and Jerjees Seja deserve as much recognition as he does. "People often say it's Humayun's film' but what they don't realise is that there's an entire team behind it. Shahzad and Salman are my strength. They have a lot of trust in me."

Read: Trailer release: Will Jawani Phir Nahi Ani be a hit or a miss?

And as far as the fans are concerned, Humayun promises they would have a great time watching the film: "We are still learning, so mistakes are bound to be made. But the audience is forgiving, as long as you offer them a good experience. That I promise. They will have lots of fun when they come to the theatre."

Well, we hope he is right as he always is. JPNA " which also features Javed Sheikh, Ismail Tara, Sohai Ali Abro, Mehwish Hayat, Aisha Khan and Sarwat Gilani " will hit cinemas on Eidul Azha.

Till then, let's move past the "bikini controversy", shall we?

http://tribune.com.pk/story/942391/he-is-being-paid-humayun-dismisses-hamzas-claim-of-not-taking-money-for-jpna/

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I feel Humayun is being very nice about Hamza saying whatever he wants to in regards to the film...but, if this was anyone else, or anywhere else..the stuff Hamza is pulling off would not fly with the producers at all.
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I feel Humayun is being very nice about Hamza saying whatever he wants to in regards to the film...but, if this was anyone else, or anywhere else..the stuff Hamza is pulling off would not fly with the producers at all.

It's sort of funny. At one hand we have Hamza claiming that he did the movie just for friends and is not being paid and on the other hand, we have Humayun who says Hamza is being paid. Somebody shared this tribune blog on my Facebook and the caption was, "We all have that one friend who takes money and then forgets." 😆 They're a making a joke out of the entire promotion that the film needs. Hamza is busy explaining the same thing again and again (which people hardly believe, must I say) and then they're contradicting each other's statement. He has done the film, he regrets is. Okay, it is fine. But then stand by it.. promote it. What's the reason to be this against the movie, no matter if he got paid for it or not? At least he should stop making a joke out of himself. And as ranidrops mentioned, Humayun and Vasay are his really good friends. Just for their sake, he should stop creating this fuss. If people are calling him a hypocrite, then he should let them instead of writing those long posts on FB just to clarify and explain. What's done is done. Chalo not attend the promotional visits but why create this mess? Why can't he keep quiet?