Trailer: Jawani Phir Nahin Aaani

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mI2QJT1Mg[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mI2QJT1Mg

Starring: Hamza Ali Abbasi, Humayun Saeed, Vasay Chaudhry, Ahmed Ali Butt, Ayesha Khan, Sarwat Gillani, Mehwish Hayat, Sohai Ali Abro, Bushra Ansari, Javed Sheikh, ZQ, Saba Hameed

Is it appropriate to be releasing this on Eid Ul Adha?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The trailer is heavily Bollywood inspired. And, seems like Sohai is the new female dancer people are trying to rope in every other film.

The funniest thing of all is that Hamza and some of his huge fans are asking people to boycott the film because it's vulgar in content. I feel Hamza has lost his mind.
-Kashmiri- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hamza told people to boycott his own film?! 🤣
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

The trailer is heavily Bollywood inspired. And, seems like Sohai is the new female dancer people are trying to rope in every other film.

The funniest thing of all is that Hamza and some of his huge fans are asking people to boycott the film because it's vulgar in content. I feel Hamza has lost his mind.

Where did hamza say thus

He hasn't posted such in fb or Twitter or anywhere
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Kashmiri-

Hamza told people to boycott his own film?! 🤣

Yeah, one of his biggest fans on facebook is asking people to boycott JPNA because it's vulgar in content and Hamza supports it. His reasoning is that if you find it vulgar, then boycott the film, he has no issues about it. He's also liking the posts on his biggest fanpage..where the fan is asking people to boycott the film.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Where did hamza say thus

He hasn't posted such in fb or Twitter or anywhere

The campaign is going on one of his fan's facebook page. Hamza follows this fanpage also. I think it's his biggest fanpage on facebook. Hamza's responses are shown on this page.

Here are the links and Hamza's response to his fans heading the boycott against JPNA:

Links:

https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAliAbbasiFP/photos/a.561952597268381.1073741866.515917608538547/709315752532064/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAliAbbasiFP/photos/a.561952597268381.1073741866.515917608538547/709515209178785/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAliAbbasiFP/photos/a.561952597268381.1073741866.515917608538547/709559932507646/?type=1&theater

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Hamza liked this comment. She's the girl who started the campaign. She runs the page also.

#HamzaAliAbbasi Said in One of his Speeches - "Pakistan Ka subse BARA MASLA, PAKISTANI LOGO MAI PAKISTANIYAT KHATAM HOGAYE HAI"

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends, I am Taking an Initiative to start a Small Campaign Against The Movie "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani". As we all Know it's against "Pakistani" Culture! ...

For ONCE, We All Should Step Ahead and VIRAL THIS. Because "NOW" it's in Our Hands - The Public The Audience!

We all come forward to "Criticize" The Actors, Actresses, Directors and Producers". Have we done something to STOP SUCH MOVIES?

I am a Huge Fan of Hamza Ali Abbasi and it's really a Heavy Task for me to BOYCOTT HIS MOVIE! But I have to! Because I am not His "BLIND" Supporter. I have to STOP the wrong!

It's a REQUEST, BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE! STOP SHARING THE TRAILER AND DO NOT GO AND WATCH THIS MOVIE ON THEATERS. IF YOU ARE GOING, THEN YOU NO RIGHT TO CRITICIZE ANYONE WHO IS PART OF THIS MOVIE!

COME FORWARD!

Thanks!
starstruckk thumbnail
I feel Hamza is sidelined in the trailer. The trailer is all Humayun Saeed. Even Vasay and Ahmed were given more screen space in the trailer.

The trailer isn't bad. I liked it, even though it doesn't seem original. I didn't like how Mehwish and Sohai were given the most screen space out of all the girls. It's as if they want them to grab everyone's attention as opposed to Ayesha or Sarwat...who are hardly there in the trailer. I think this film has potential to do well especially since it seems to be a solo release on Eid. A lot of Hamza's fans are boycotting the film due to it's un-Pakistani/vulgar content...lol, doubt that'll affect the film overall. I think it's only giving the film more publicity.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
The movie reminds me of Masti. Three friends, all fed up of their wives, off to find adventure (which means to ogle at bikini clad women). Then the whole completely unoriginal point of their "leader" falling in love but marrying someone else and then you put in a random sequence with guns at a wedding and an actress present in the movie solely for dancing purposes. Oh, and a mandatory club song bhi cuz 'keWl boYz' like to partaayy!

I don't care if it goes against Pakistani culture but please, kuch tou thoda sa original hota. It's a straight copy-paste from various Bollywood films. Putting in a Pakistani lingo joke ("MA! MA! Arey MaShaAllah!") doesn't make the movie Pakistani. It seems heavily ripped off from Indian movies and that's what irritates me the most.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
On one hand we have movies like Moor and Shah, and then we get a plagarized JPNA, did they really think the audience will not compare it to Masti?
Skimpy clothes is not going to go well with our audience, we can see Indian movies with all the vulgarity because it's not ours, so we don't care, but we can't handle the same in a Pakistani movie, it's not us.

Pakistani movies should stick to strong subjects and shine rather then hashing out something that is not even original.