uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

I am no trained dancer: Shveta Salve

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Source: IANS

Mumbai: Television star Shveta Salve, glowing in the spotlight for her dance performances on Sony's "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa", dismisses talk that she is a trained dancer.

"I am not a seasoned dancer. Why would I be allowed to participate if I was? I have worked hard at my dance and it hurts that my hard efforts are being brushed off," Shveta told IANS.

The show's format clearly mentions that only amateurs can participate and producer Siddharth Basu or Sony would not go against the rules, she added.

"My natural ability is being held against me. Should I under-perform to prove I'm not a trained dancer?"

"The judges (Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Farah Khan and Shilpa Shetty) are such eminent personalities of the industry and everybody knows what they are doing. Anyway, I will let my work speak for itself," Shveta said.

The grand finale between her and Mona Singh - who played Jassi in "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin" - is scheduled Friday.

Filmmaker Bhansali has compared her with Madhuri Dixit and called her the "best dancer in the country". The dusky beauty gives all the credit to her choreographer Longinus.

"Longi, at the moment, means everything to me. What he has done for me I only know. I couldn't have asked for a better partner than him. He is one of the oldest in this profession and thanks to him my performances have been better and better.

"This show has been the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I have established a personal touch with my audience. People, especially senior citizens, come up to me and bless me," she added.

She has been getting kudos from all corners.

aid filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar: "Shveta is very diligent and her dancing skills have been going a notch higher every time the show is aired. Her efforts will definitely pay off and I give her my best wishes."

Manish Goswami of Siddhant Cinevision said: "On pure merit, Shveta should win. She has danced well and her work speaks for itself. She is a wonderful and professional human being and it's a pleasure to see her perform."

TV actress Achint Kaur said she had brought class to the show and established a benchmark for other participants: "As far as I know, she's not a trained dancer, but dancing is in her blood! Shveta is a very confident person and it shows in her performances and according to me she's the best."

Amit Varma, Shveta's co-star in "Kittu Sab Janti Hain", added enthusiastically: "I have seen her stay up all night rehearsing, coming to shoots, then running off for dance rehearsals again - she has put in a lot of hard work.

"It's sad that people are saying she is a trained dancer, but she's not. I have seen her work on it for days. It is ultimately a dance show, so it's logical the better dancer should win, and for me Shveta has been the better dancer."

For actress Deepshikha, Shveta is a winner already!

"In my eyes, Shveta is already a winner thanks to her hard work and dancing skills. Judges know she's the best, so now it all depends on the votes. Even if she doesn't win, I know and we all know she's a true blue winner."

Everyone is talking about the fabulous prize money that will go to the winner this Friday but Shveta is keeping her fingers crossed.

"I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. The contract says 20 percent is to be given to the choreographer from the channel's side. And if at all I do win, if I want to give something apart from 20 percent, it's a personal thing. I'll tell you when I win.

"Right now I don't want to discuss money. I'd rather discuss my dance," said Shveta.

Said filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar: "Shveta is very diligent and her dancing skills have been going a notch higher every time the show is aired. Her efforts will definitely pay off and I give her my best wishes."

Manish Goswami of Siddhant Cinevision said: "On pure merit, Shveta should win. She has danced well and her work speaks for itself. She is a wonderful and professional human being and it's a pleasure to see her perform."

TV actress Achint Kaur said she had brought class to the show and established a benchmark for other participants: "As far as I know, she's not a trained dancer, but dancing is in her blood! Shveta is a very confident person and it shows in her performances and according to me she's the best."

Amit Varma, Shveta's co-star in "Kittu Sab Janti Hain", added enthusiastically: "I have seen her stay up all night rehearsing, coming to shoots, then running off for dance rehearsals again - she has put in a lot of hard work.

"It's sad that people are saying she is a trained dancer, but she's not. I have seen her work on it for days. It is ultimately a dance show, so it's logical the better dancer should win, and for me Shveta has been the better dancer."

For actress Deepshikha, Shveta is a winner already!

"In my eyes, Shveta is already a winner thanks to her hard work and dancing skills. Judges know she's the best, so now it all depends on the votes. Even if she doesn't win, I know and we all know she's a true blue winner."

Everyone is talking about the fabulous prize money that will go to the winner this Friday but Shveta is keeping her fingers crossed.

"I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. The contract says 20 percent is to be given to the choreographer from the channel's side. And if at all I do win, if I want to give something apart from 20 percent, it's a personal thing. I'll tell you when I win.

"Right now I don't want to discuss money. I'd rather discuss my dance," said Shveta.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lil_miz_cutie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
very nice. keep it up shveta
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘ ....PEOPLE WHO KNOW HER PERSONALLY,have only good things to say about her.....she has truly silenced all those gossipmongers πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ...

With each such interview,wherein she so clearly speaks her mind out with any ambiguity,my respect for her increases....Even if she doesnt win JDJ(god forbid),she has won lifelong fans
rsoharu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is the first positive thing i have read about Shveta...isnt it ironic that on the last day people have started slandering her for being a bad human being and being greedy...i think it is absurd and crazy..
she is an excellent dancer and that is most important...
i think competition does bring out the best and the worst in all of us...some poeple have started making bad remarks while some have started working hard...
victorygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i think dancing comes naturally , it has nothing to do with training...it jus takes paractice to perform ur steps better while dancing otherwise its all natural....

shveta n mona both are naturall dancers u can tell
whereas ,mahesh n sanjeeve kapoor were both paractice dancers, i mean to say none of their dance step looked natural , it was obvious the way they danced, it looked really fake as if they were key toys...
sumesh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing...

today she replied to all rumours....Gr8...

Hope this rumours didnt effect in public voting last few days πŸ˜•
sanamirza thumbnail
Sheweta sucks she thinks she looks like madhuri in her dreams \mona is way better
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sumesh

Thanks for sharing...

Me too hoping same Sumesh 😊 ...

Thank you for posting the article 😊
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sumesh

Thanks for sharing...

yes i am also thankful that she replied to those rumors😊

and i just hope that she wins

good luck to her!!!πŸ˜‰

Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sanamirza

Sheweta sucks she thinks she looks like madhuri in her dreams \mona is way better

tut tut!! lets keep the looks apart!!! Lets talk about DANCE!!!😊