43685 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Meet Sahara One's new Bahu!

She is the new bahu on the block. Gunjan Walia, the pretty young thing will soon be seen as Krishna on Sahara One's new show Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye. Acting for Gunjan is not a new medium as she has had her first brush with acting in a host of Balaji shows but Kuch….happens to be the show where she plays the lead protagonist.

Gunjan Walia: Krishna callin!

Harboring dreams since childhood of making it big as an actor Gunjan was also a cabin crew member with Jet Airways once.
Her foray into television began with Balaji's Kartika (played Maliha) on Hungama TV followed by cameos in Kesar, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kya Kahein. Also lately she was seen in Sindoor (as Naina opposite Sharad Kelkar) and Aisa Des Hai Mera (as Candy opposite Pawan Shankar).
"I was in Mumbai for my airhostess training and overheard an EP talking about Balaji auditions. I went to the Balaji office and gave in my pictures just for a lark and to my surprise after a few days I got a call for Kartika and then there was no looking back," smiles Gunjan.
The want to try out something different made her take up Krishna's character in Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye.
"I am a blessed child to have been blessed with such good offers. I get to learn from veterans in the current unit. I play a sweet, genuine, matured and emotional person in the show. Krishna has been abandoned by her husband but her father-in-law is tremendously fond of her besides Chaitanya (who is her brother in law). It's her struggle to get the entire family together and if she will be readily accepted by the family," says the chirpy Gunjan who can hardly relate herself to Krishna as she likes hates to keep quiet in real life.
Gunjan has acted in a host of Punjabi music videos and would like to work in Punjabi films in the future for the sheer love for her culture but would like to stay away from Hindi films.
So here's a bahu who knows her mind pretty well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pari0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
please use Thank you button if u only want to say thanks

Pari 😳
*~Bianca~* thumbnail