#YourChoice: Best Performance (Acting) of Urmila Matondkar - Page 3

Poll

In your opinion, Urmila's best acting was seen in...

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
i think urmila was really good in PYAAR TUNE KYA KIYA because she plays a psycho and despite all the harmful things she does to destroy her lover's relationship with her wife, you root for her, you feel for her. it's to urmila's credit otherwise her character didn't deserve sympathy so Urmila rocked really in this one...
second she was amazing in bhoot and kaun too...but you know there was a lack of emotional connect with both the characters. we knew what we were served so in that aspect. urmila notched above in PTKK for displaying various shades.

she was great in deewangee also, and another one - MAST yes, her cute portrayal of mallika was really good. dunno why this movie is so underrated. and yes JUNGLE is also fantastic. tht one too deserves a watch.

she is indeed a compelling actress, what a shame we dont get to see her anymore :(

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
she came in the wrong era..that era was more interested in appreciating madhuri for her dhumkas than looking for the real talent
urmila today would have overshadowed kangana..

she was a powerhouse performer..how performances like pyar tune kia kiya..tehzeeb..pinjar..ek hasina thi..kaun have gone unnoticed is a beyond sad affair for the industry..but i am glad that if not in that time..people are hailing her talent now..she was only awarded for bhoot and that even in screens..she deserved filmfare best actress that year not that undeserving zinta for KHNH
Edited by cougarTown - 8 years ago
RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^don't talk abt filmfare dude they gave fardeen khan debut award for prem aggan 😆 thts why aamir don't attend awards.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
DIfficult to choose. She is damn versatile ya..convincing in all sorts of roles. Be it Rangeela or Bhoot or Kaun or Satya or even Mast. Her awesome performances are not restricted to a single genre. I think I'd go with Kaun though. The film, her acting and the climax scared the shit out of me, when I watched it for the first time. 😆 Manoj Bajapai was great too. Films like Kaun are hardly made these days, would love to watch more such movies. 😛
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well its hard to pick one, especially the dark films she was superb in all of them - also not to forget the films were also good. she was ahead of her time I think. I even liked her in karzzz only if it was directed by someone else and had someone better in the male lead, it would have been gold.

the talent that she had- people here don't appreciate that kind of movies or roles. they still would opt for those typical heroine ventures where she is just there to woo her boyfriend hero. she did try to break that path too, although she couldn't find that success but her talent is certainly laudable.
sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
v diff to choose and she did some wonderful telugu movies ramgopal verma and urmila were hit combination in telugu also
i like all her roles whether its hindi or telugu

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Super kickass in ek haseena thi <3 but Rangeela is the movie Il remember Urmila most for..she was LOVEee as Mili and so effortlessly cute and sexy at the same time..such fond memories dancing to Rangeela Re as a child..kinda my first movie in the theatre as well
739801 thumbnail
v.hard to choose... she was superb in all : ek hasina thi kaun rangeela pyaar tune kya kiya all of them. in these choices its hard to pick one.
Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
when it comes to acting - she was class apart. I will choose ek hasina thi and then PTKK although she was superb in all
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Ek Hasina Thi, Jaanam Samjha Karo & many others as well... She was a great actor, gorgeous dancer but dint get her due for sure!
She & Salman made a great pair... That Love hua song ❤️
I loved that movie.