Drashti and I get along very well " Moon Banerjee

YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Moon Banerjee who is playing the mother of Drashti Dhami in the new Zee TV show Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani is happy with it's initial run. "Although it has been only one week of telecast, we have been shooting for the past two or three months. It is challenge as, I have never played a mother to a much grown up woman before. Unlike other actors, I have no qualms about aging on screen as per the requirements of the character. Since I am essaying a lady in her late forties years, I personally requested the creative to give my hair a white streak."
Talking about her equation with Drasthti Dhami who plays her daughter Gayatri she says, "I cant say we are friends, but we get along well. There is a great comfort level, It does not appear that we have no worked together before. As far our on- screen equation goes , you need to understand that our period love story is based in the nineteen forties, so social mores were different. My character (Damyanti) just like most mothers of her days who had only one agenda of getting their daughter married to even a much older man, if necessary. As she is scared of what will happen to her after death of me and her father. Gayatri on the other hand is a woman ahead of her times who wants to read, do her own things and find self respect as a woman ."
Here I would like to add that Damyanti is not a bad woman, she only wants the best for her daughter, but yes being a traditional Indian there is a generation gap (she expects her to learn cooking rather then going out), which even exists between parents and children even today and even continue well into our future generations as well." Added Moon.
Remind her that Drashti has a very powerful fan following who might not take her on screen actions in the right spirit and attack her, "I don't think they will get abusive. But even if they do, I will take it a validation of my acting abilities. I don't take professional stuff personally."
In closing Moon who has earlier done Kasauti Zindagi Ki, and Sasural Genda Phool etc is not apprehensive about the first week numbers which are due today, "I am not even thinking along the lines of that it might not do well. I am very confident of success for we all have put in lots of hard work. The channel has also pulled all stop to give it a superb never before launch."

Keep reading this space for more updates.

Anil Merani

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ArianaGrande thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Love Moon and Drashti's cute bonding on screen and it's good they are bonding well offscreen too :)

Thanks for sharing
sangeeta9211 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing 
sam_DDzfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. lovely IV
Loving Moon's character too. we understand she is conservative

N good to know they share very good bond off-screen, even DD mentioned this in her IV
YD.AH thumbnail
YD.AH thumbnail

Originally posted by: sam_DDzfan

Thanks for sharing. lovely IV

Loving Moon's character too. we understand she is conservative

N good to know they share very good bond off-screen, even DD mentioned this in her IV

yes they do
welcome 
YD.AH thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArianaGrande

Love Moon and Drashti's cute bonding on screen and it's good they are bonding well offscreen too :)

Thanks for sharing

yes it shows 
welcome 
RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Seriously Anil Merani just coz D has a strong fan following does'nt mean the fans'  can't differentiate reel & real & "attack" Moon😆for real😳 this guy is🤡!!!!
t4s the art
YD.AH thumbnail
YD.AH thumbnail
welcome ðŸ˜³