Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

Posted: 9 years ago
IDK if its me, but Sammi meri Waar would have made the cut, if they maintained the mood of the song throughout, it became all rock and peppy towards the end - the high tempo dint work, it should have slowed down IMO and QB was good in her bits..her voice is so beautifully textured <3..It should have ended at 5.11 minutes..IMO
Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 9 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

So i liked QB and Umair's song and Ali Zafar' Rockstar.. But they aren't as good as Tajdar e Haram or Bewajah. I am addicted to these two hence I end up comparing these songs to the new ones 😳

My favourite so far is Ali Zafar's Rockstar, the composition, the singing, and the tongue in cheek lyrics everything was amazing and it's so catchy! Ali Zafar is a talented man. How many singers in Pakistan can sing like him or compose like him? Those high notes he hit, the falsetto like damn!

Tajdar e Haram in my opinion is overrated. It's really good no doubt, and Atif has improved but his singing doesn't hold a candle to Ali's. If someone else sang the song I would have probably liked it better.

QB and Umair's Sammi Waar is my second favourite so far. Many people didn't like Umair in the song. I thought he was great and he really added the much needed excitement. Without him in it I would have probably been really bored. Especially in the video, his excitement was infectious.

Personally, I think these two songs had the best fusion sound so far. I am surprised at so many people putting down these two songs and complaining about them. Since when was Coke Studio only about Sufi songs? Coke Studio has always been about fusion. They broke the monotony that was Coke Studio in the past two episodes.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I think I am in lub with umair jaswal
Ever since I saw the intro of coke studio and his style of singing sohni dharti... I was like who is THAT
The Sami meri waar is just the best, love QB and umair together.
attiya1.3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

My favourite so far is Ali Zafar's Rockstar, the composition, the singing, and the tongue in cheek lyrics everything was amazing and it's so catchy! Ali Zafar is a talented man. How many singers in Pakistan can sing like him or compose like him? Those high notes he hit, the falsetto like damn!

Tajdar e Haram in my opinion is overrated. It's really good no doubt, and Atif has improved but his singing doesn't hold a candle to Ali's. If someone else sang the song I would have probably liked it better.

QB and Umair's Sammi Waar is my second favourite so far. Many people didn't like Umair in the song. I thought he was great and he really added the much needed excitement. Without him in it I would have probably been really bored. Especially in the video, his excitement was infectious.

Personally, I think these two songs had the best fusion sound so far. I am surprised at so many people putting down these two songs and complaining about them. Since when was Coke Studio only about Sufi songs? Coke Studio has always been about fusion. They broke the monotony that was Coke Studio in the past two episodes.

coke studio is always about creating something new and tajdar-e- haram is best in them.atif is considered as a romantic singer and singing a qawali so beautifully is simply awe(for me)..if you want a song hit,atif is key to itπŸ˜ƒ

as far rockstar is considered,its good but ali zafar had sang so many songs of this type.UJ and QB song is second best.πŸ‘

p.s:πŸ˜‰
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ali Zafar's Rockstar can't help but make you wonder how this guy has wasted his time acting when he was always made for singing.
starstruckk thumbnail
I just heard Sammi Meri Waar. I liked it...but what was Umair doing? He looked like he was on something, couldn't stand still for a single moment. lol QB was good as usual..but I feel Umair was so distracting with his body movements for me to fully concentrate on the song they were singing.

For me thus far, Bewajah is still on top. Nabeel's entire performance just had the most soul in it for me.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

I think I am in lub with umair jaswal
Ever since I saw the intro of coke studio and his style of singing sohni dharti... I was like who is THAT
The Sami meri waar is just the best, love QB and umair together.

Throughout the song, I was thinking about how they actually look good together..maybe they should hook up? πŸ˜†

The composition is really nice though.
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

My personal view on Umair's rendition is unchanged, but I must say sammi meri waar grew on me πŸ˜† the signature line of the song is stuck in my head😲..and my dad is totally obsessed with this song, for him this is the best number sofar.. he follows Coke Studio Pakistan quite religiously..πŸ˜†

as for CS in general - its obviously not about any particular genre..but everyone has their own taste and preferences and there is no accounting for taste, aint it? its a personal choice to prefer sufi or romantic ballads or hard rock or soft rock or R&B or folk songs or fusions of two or more genres over others?..😊

+++++++++
this week's lineup looks amazing, Arif lohar, Nabeel shaukat, Gul Panra-Atif, OMG kaavish too! Kaavish's Nindiya re just has to play like a ritual in my house..its so beautiful <3

Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 9 years ago
attiya1.3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I just heard Sammi Meri Waar. I liked it...but what was Umair doing? He looked like he was on something, couldn't stand still for a single moment. lol QB was good as usual..but I feel Umair was so distracting with his body movements for me to fully concentrate on the song they were singing.

For me thus far, Bewajah is still on top. Nabeel's entire performance just had the most soul in it for me.

πŸ˜†.same thoughts...he is so distracting...bu his voice is love😳
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Let people say what they want. They were making fun of everything from Ali's outfit in the video to the lyrics or the funky upbeat song. I personally liked it because upbeat, fast songs are usually not my thing but this one defo has stuck up in my mind. The lyrics are catchy.. that's what probably worked for me. Sonsg like Rockstar is what Ali is known for.. I wonder why all of a sudden people don't like him singing such songs.

Sammi Meri Waar is SO damn good I've been humming it all day.. People are making fun of Umair's body language more than his voice, so that's ignore-able. It's no hidden fact that Jaswal brothers are one of the best singers in Pakistan.

Well that's your opinion and it's completely fine if you like Ali's singing more than Atif's. But qawalis are something I don't really like. So unlike others, I've no issues with Atif ruining the original qawali or anything like that. In fact, I like songs more, so I'm glad Atif sang Tajdar e Haram. People are sometimes unpredictable.. they go about ranting how Atif ruined the qawali, did not have the original essence of it or how Ali doesn't sing well.. as if they themselves are some great singers. xD
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago