Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: tina59

oh i didnt know that but anyway it doesnt matter coz thats the decision the CHANNEL should have taken and they made an offer and she accepted .........

still its shocking then why did she refuse that she wasnt trained in any dance hmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh btw I have seen her in one music video where she was dressed as a fisherwoman and then she comes out in a modern outsit something like that and let me tell you ,she danced fab in that and it was a full masti number and she has also acted in "pyar mein kabhi kabhi " and has def danced in that and that too well .

as i said she is a great dancer and once she is in the comp ,it dosnt matter whether u know dancing or not coz its the channel's problem .

But i guess morally and ethically it does raise quite a few eyebrows to many and maybe thats why theya re against her

saying that i'm not trained wasnt right,but actually I think we havent really gone through the concept...here it is

from setindia website

Originally posted by: SET

When Celebrities Dance To A New Tune! Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Dancing with the stars

They have been achievers all the way, professional, passionate, superstars in their chosen field… the chef who has women eat out of his hands, a television anchor who simply loves to grill her hot seat guests on controversies, a flamboyant all-rounder and former Indian ODI captain, the film maker who can act and also go behind the camera… Now they are all out to add yet another feather in their cap. Sony Entertainment Television brings some of India's well-known personalities together to excel themselves in something, which has never been their cup of tea — dance & compete!

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Dancing with the stars is a unique reality-based dance format show that brings together celebrities from different walks of life such as sports, films, fashion and music to perform with professional dance partners on a highly competitive stage. The contestants will perform before a live studio audience and of course the entire viewing public. They are going to dance with the same amount of passion and professionalism that made them the achievers they are today.

The show is produced by Synergy Communications (makers of Kaun Banega Crorepati) and Theatre Red for SET in India. The show whose format is owned by BBC, has been a huge success across 27 countries like Britain, America, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, to name a few.

In its desi version Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Dancing with the stars has eight well-known personalities - flamboyant cricketer Ajay Jadeja, girl-next-door Mona Singh, kitchen king Sanjeev Kapoor, gorgeous diva Pooja Bedi, versatile actor-director Mahesh Manjrekar, silver screen's popular actress Rati Agnihotri, angry young man of small screen Akashdeep Sehgal and sizzling television actress Shweta Salve.

The panel of three judges consists of passionate, classic and epic filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the queen of Bollywood, Farha Khan and sensuous Shilpa Shetty. They are among the best people to take a call on popular dance in India, as filmmaker, ace choreographer and a dancing actress. Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Dancing with the stars will be hosted by the awesome twosome Archana Puran Singh and Parmeet Sethi who will be instrumental in motivating and encouraging the team week after week.

These celebrities will be paired with their highly skilled dance partners who are accomplished dancers. They will train, support and complement the celebrities some of whom may never have danced before.

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Dancing with the stars will invite viewers to vote for their favourite contestant jodi. The voting pattern will follow a 50:50 ratio for judges and audience. One celebrity pair with the lowest scores will be eliminated each week. Voting lines will be open for five days starting from the day of the performance.

So get set to watch the chef stirring up a winning recipe on a stage while the cricketer surprises one and all with his off the field moves and a director tries to find his feet while his partner calls the shots!

So don't miss Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Dancing with the stars Every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:00 p.m. Only on Sony Entertainment Television

nowhere does it speak about the fact that the celebrity should be a non dancer...so sony is justified..I just feel pooja bedi shouldnt have made a huge fuss about this,as it is really not needed to be a non dancer to be in JDJ,because then even rati shouldnt have been there,as she has danced in 140 movies in 6 languages

I dont know,maybe because I'm a shveta I feel so,but I really empathise with that girl...Every other article was shredding her character,and her nature....Pooja bedi was mudslinging like anything🤢...So maybe shveta retaliated...How much can that girl tolerate..perhaps she was talking about her not having any training in latin american dance forms....because JDJ was predominantly about salsa ,rumba,samba, cha cha cha etc...and not kathak.....That's the way I see it😕...

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: breathing_irony

learning kathak is diff frm learning western dance forms ppl.....n we dont knw how much kathak she has learnt......wht if she learnt kathak jsut for a few months.....my fren learns bharatnatyam but she doesn find it easy to do western kidna dances---infact when she does any western dance there's thsi very indian classical touch to it n thtz coz she has done so much of indian classical.....

n i love the reply sh'e given.....she's so to-the-point....wht she does with the money is non of anybody's business!

hmm..so you mean if hema malini who is a trained dancer ...but doesnt know western dance forms..is it ok if she take part in JDJ???...

Binky thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i like to point one thing it says that she has learned kathak but not mentioned how long she has been doing it so we cant say for sure that she is a trained dancer cos to become a trained dancer it takes years
Monu-SunNaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: soap_fan

hmm..so you mean if hema malini who is a trained dancer ...but doesnt know western dance forms..is it ok if she take part in JDJ???...

yes it is OK😛...if baby spice who is trained in ballet n was once part of a pop band can take part in stricitly come dancing that is JDJ's British counterpart. so wats wrong with shveta or hema malini taking part in the poor version of SCD..there is nothing unethical abt it.

n read the article..she is not a trained dancer...

Monu-SunNaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
very well put shveta, 👏 but unfortuntaly their are people out there that will STILL refuse to believe...as its their only justification put forward in support of shveta not to win JDJ

If only this article came out later as we all know that once media spreads its misconstrued information its hard to rectify.

And if she has learnt kathak or at least sum of it..wats the biggie..i means JDJ stages latin forms of dance...not kathak.

just out of interest...Is rati agnihotri trained in indian dance? ne one know?
kiranb06 thumbnail
I don't put out a whole lot of posts either, but since somebody forgot, I'd just like to remind peops out there that the one and only Indian classical dance that Shveta attempted in JDJ (in the jugalbandi round), she got one of the lowest scores in her entire JDJ experience. So if she IS a trained dancer in the Indian classical dance, be it Kathak, Bharat Natyam,or whatever, then she did a less-than-exemplary job of it in that one segment. As Shilpa had said, Shveta's hands weren't in the correct format, and Farah Khan had said that Shveta's not good in Indian dance. Remember guys?! So the arguments about how trained she is, blah blah blah, should be stopped. Shveta has shown her weaker points.

Second of all, be it Shveta or Mona, I believe they both are really good. I like Shveta a lot better. But I'm not star-crazy about them for me to argue on and on, ,again and again, about who's better, who should win, etc (though I would prefer Shveta won). But the point is, BOTH of them should get applauded for all that they've achieved in this competition. They're both WINNERS to have reached the finals.

But unfortunately, this is turning into a mud-slinging match.. not between the contestants, but their fans. Give Mona credit where it's due too.. in one of the articles, some people refuted her claim to have become a hot, sexy siren. In my opinion, I believe she has definitely achieved that. She does look hot (also check out her Milani jewelers ad.. stunning). You don't need to be slim and sleek to be hot. Look at J'Lo, or Beyoncee or even Bipasha..they're not sleek and slim (drag out Bipasha's picture from the Independence Day fiasco in NJ.. she looked sooo plain and ordinary, to put it very very nicely!!!). These women become hot due to the camera, loads of makeup, and special effects in editing videos.

So again, for either contestants, stop trying to look for flaws in them.. vote for who you think is the best dancer, and stop analyzing each and every movement or moment of the contestants.
Edited by kiranb06 - 17 years ago
noname01 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think if you have had ANY KIND of dance training, it does make it easier for you to learn other types (i.e. you been "primed")

this is solely my opinion so don't bash me plz 😳

anyways, it's good to hear shveta retaliate against all those articles...I liked her response.
Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
But that is a personal decision. Firstly, I don't believe in counting my chickens before they have hatched and if I do win, then my token of appreciation to Longi is nobody's business"

THts true 😛
Deeya thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Please dont believe everything u read on the internet(interviews included)..........its not the Gospel truth.......Or havent u guys been hearing the different news channels........The US Govt has just sued an American company claiming to sell a cure for Diabetes on the net........People dont accept all the bluff told on the internet......Use yr own brains and descretion when forming opinions.......

I will only believe that Shveta is trained when I hear it said from her own mouth.......

And I have this gut feel that she will give Longi much much more if she wins the competition, much more than the paltry 2 lakhs the others had agreed upon....(as she rightly says its her business - besides Longi will be getting 10 lakhs...thats 20% of the prize money 😉 )

Way to go Shveta.......I'm glad she has come out and defended herself........How much more flak can u take...
Wow baby, just love to watch u dance.......A treat for sore eyes............

Edited by Deeya - 17 years ago
Nandiv thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I think if you have had ANY KIND of dance training, it does make it easier for you to learn other types (i.e. you been "primed")

this is solely my opinion so don't bash me plz 😳

It is true that if you have any kind of training in dance,then it makes it easier for you to learn other types..But some people have that inborn talent and such people need no training..