Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

oh i didnt know that but anyway it doesnt matter coz thats the decision the CHANNEL should have taken and they made an offer and she accepted .........

still its shocking then why did she refuse that she wasnt trained in any dance hmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh btw I have seen her in one music video where she was dressed as a fisherwoman and then she comes out in a modern outsit something like that and let me tell you ,she danced fab in that and it was a full masti number and she has also acted in "pyar mein kabhi kabhi " and has def danced in that and that too well .

as i said she is a great dancer and once she is in the comp ,it dosnt matter whether u know dancing or not coz its the channel's problem .

But i guess morally and ethically it does raise quite a few eyebrows to many and maybe thats why theya re against her

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago
atria thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't usually take part in these arguments, but just wanted to point out something-- I have also taken training in Bharathnatyam for several years. That does not make me a professional/seasoned dancer or disqualify me from taking part in any of these competitions. Out of curiosity, has Shweta been doing stage shows/solo performances of Kathak somewhere? Otherwise I don't see why she should be called a professional/seasoned dancer. That is the claim she is refuting, and I would say she is right.
Edited by atria - 17 years ago
breathing_irony thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
learning kathak is diff frm learning western dance forms ppl.....n we dont knw how much kathak she has learnt......wht if she learnt kathak jsut for a few months.....my fren learns bharatnatyam but she doesn find it easy to do western kidna dances---infact when she does any western dance there's thsi very indian classical touch to it n thtz coz she has done so much of indian classical.....

n i love the reply sh'e given.....she's so to-the-point....wht she does with the money is non of anybody's business!
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
everyone in entertainment business has that much training ๐Ÿ˜ก big deal!!
i had no idea that shveta is a fellow SOPHIAite!! how sweett.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

EVERYONE learns a bit of dancing in order to perform here and there when they aspire to be in entertainment. How about Jassi's music videos for jjkn ? she did not dance at all for anything?? Give me a break..

The botoom line as buffie said.. WHY DID SONY INVITE HER??
no, now pl are making big deal out of her previous dance performance / experience. whatever..

qt
n yea for the past 3 yrs I've taken classes at shaimak dawar's dancing school in b'lore.....tht does make me a professional dancer......trainin can only help u fine-tune it cant teach u to dance!
*shikha* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thank god she finally proved everyone wrong!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
n yea even if she is trained then it is sony's fault for not doing their homework.....why punish shveta for sony's fault! Two wrongs dnt make a right....
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Basically,looks like she has trained in Kathak,and ONLY kathak...not in Bharatnatyam and other forms,and certainly nothing has been said about for how many years she learnt.....

But,I was under the misapprehension that the show is for NON DANCERS ALONE,which doesnt seemt o be the case...because,in the sony website,it says

"These celebrities will be paired with their highly skilled dance partners who are accomplished dancers. They will train, support and complement the celebrities some of whom may never have danced before."

It doesnt say that all of them should be non dancers..they are there by virtue of their celebrity status

http://www.setindia.com/shows/shows_inside.php?id=71

Nowhere does it say that the show is meant for non dancers...It only says that the show is meant for people from different walks of life

Thus sony is justified,because if its only about non dancers,then rati agnihotri,who has acted in more than 140 films is no non dancer....thus I think sony is justified in selecting shveta,who is trained in kathak ...SHE ISNT THERE BY virtue of her non dancing skills,she's there on virtue of her CELEBRITY STATUS

I wouldnt blame shveta for participating as it wasnt her fault,and she's there by virtue of her celebrity status,and not on virtue of her being a non dancer,but she neednt have had to lie that she isnt a trained dancer ..She could have said that she isnt trained in latin american dance forms,as that would have left no ambiguity... JDJ was all about latin american dance styles,and it has nothing to do with kathak,in which shveta is trained..she didnt perform the kathank dance,but perhaps it might be easier for her.....It wasnt her fault though,infact it was nobody's fault,as the criterion is just that people from different walks of life come in and dance.....People started calling her a trained professional "latin american form" dancer...
..which was wrong,and as others have said,if one knows bharatnatyam,doesnt mean one should know samba....samba/rumba/salsa etc are a totally different ballgame alltogether.....Just like how someone who has learnt carnatic music neednt necessarily be a good R&B singer๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: scorpion134

but she did say that when her friends came to know about her taking part they were like, you will win hands down, she said it in one of the beginning episodes ๐Ÿ˜ณ cant remember which one exactly but she did say something like this.
from what i got is that she knows dances,

Rati AGnihorti has acted in above 140 films in 6 languages....dont you think she would have also danced....

and another thing,which I just now checked up is that JDJ is NOT for non dancers..its for celebrities from different walks of life,who "may or may not have danced earlier"...actually,sony shouldnt have taken in any actress/actor at all,because all these people have danced at some point of their life or the other....Only sanjeev kapoor was a pukka non dancer...everyone else from mona,to shveta,to jadeja to mahesh to aakash to rati to pooja have danced earlier for movies/music videos/award shows etc...thus sanjeev should have been the winner,because he is the ONLY non dancer

so its clear,its not about whether people can dance or not..they are there on virtue of their CELEBRITY STATUS,which each one of the contstants is...Thus I dont think Pooja bedi should have brought in the concept of "non dancer",and neither should have shveta said that she isnt trained...but maybe she meant she wasnt trained in the forms like salsa rumba etc๐Ÿ˜•

Originally posted by: Buffie

Basically,looks like she has trained in Kathak,and ONLY kathak...not in Bharatnatyam and other forms,and certainly nothing has been said about for how many years she learnt.....

But,I was under the misapprehension that the show is for NON DANCERS ALONE,which doesnt seemt o be the case...because,in the sony website,it says

"These celebrities will be paired with their highly skilled dance partners who are accomplished dancers. They will train, support and complement the celebrities some of whom may never have danced before."

It doesnt say that all of them should be non dancers..they are there by virtue of their celebrity status

http://www.setindia.com/shows/shows_inside.php?id=71

Nowhere does it say that the show is meant for non dancers...It only says that the show is meant for people from different walks of life

Thus sony is justified,because if its only about non dancers,then rati agnihotri,who has acted in more than 140 films is no non dancer....thus I think sony is justified in selecting shveta,who is trained in kathak ...SHE ISNT THERE BY virtue of her non dancing skills,she's there on virtue of her CELEBRITY STATUS

I wouldnt blame shveta for participating as it wasnt her fault,and she's there by virtue of her celebrity status,and not on virtue of her being a non dancer,but she neednt have had to lie that she isnt a trained dancer ..She could have said that she isnt trained in latin american dance forms,as that would have left no ambiguity... JDJ was all about latin american dance styles,and it has nothing to do with kathak,in which shveta is trained..she didnt perform the kathank dance,but perhaps it might be easier for her.....It wasnt her fault though,infact it was nobody's fault,as the criterion is just that people from different walks of life come in and dance.....People started calling her a trained professional "latin american form" dancer...
..which was wrong,and as others have said,if one knows bharatnatyam,doesnt mean one should know samba....samba/rumba/salsa etc are a totally different ballgame alltogether.....Just like how someone who has learnt carnatic music neednt necessarily be a good R&B singer๐Ÿ˜ƒ

EGGJACTLY...one big jhappi frm my side anusha......๐Ÿ‘ Kinda disagree with ur singin analogy coz learning indian classical improves ur sense of tune n ur octave range n tht alwys helps in singin all kinds of music forms ๐Ÿ˜‰

With dance its different....coz dancing is abt dancing to the beat......n indian classical beats n expressions invovled r way diferent frm latin american style dancing.....