Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunidi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Kanta80

Buffie, this is for you 👏 👏 👏 . I had been thinking the same but hats off to you for taking the initiative and post this here. I agree with you 110%. I also feel that Mona is being overyhyped. Even in some performances, when she is not so good, still she gets 8 saying it's her lucky no. That pisses me off!

me too!
3365 thumbnail
have i got to explain every person? wht in ur opinion may be stating opinion thn it is not in my opinion and wht is in my opinion thn its may be not in ur opinion.

and the opinions ur talking abt they are true for S also thn u answer me y is Mona only called over hyped
and one more thing calling cheap fat behenji and auntie are not stating opinions none of our people have said anything like that to S.
victorygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

have i got to explain every person? wht in ur opinion may be stating opinion thn it is not in my opinion and wht is in my opinion thn its may be not in ur opinion.

and the opinions ur talking abt they are true for S also thn u answer me y is Mona only called over hyped
and one more thing calling cheap fat behenji and auntie are not stating opinions none of our people have said anything like that to S.

i agree madhu😊 but my advise to u is to ignore such things, they not even worth paying attention, there are some biggest fans of mona who can also come n post thng like that here too but instead they r utilizing their time voting for her, n tats indeed a true fan followingship😊

insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
overhyped or overrated isnt a cuss word....if you think so,it wouldnt become one..

jealous and bad competitor are cuss words.....

3365 thumbnail
whtu say are cuss words they are wht u are not they are not? thats al i need to tell u.
breathing_irony thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
sandya: anusha nvr called MOna a behenji or made any personal attacks on her. all teh criticsims were in the context of dance----if she says tht mona is on the fatter it's only in relation to dance.......as far as I can remember no shveta fans has made any personal attack on MOna and even if any1 has we have apologised.....

There have been several attacks on shveta's character here......n thts why shveta fans got worekd up!

And if any of us have called some mona fans biased then yes some of them r-----esp those who dont vote on the basis of dance in a dance show!

finally.....can we please stick to the discussion....no one is denying mona's improvement---all tht we r questionin is whether it is blown out of proportion........why do u have to drag shveta in2 this discussion?

So take a chill pill....and can we stop mudslingin and digressing frm teh topic of discussion!
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
India can make up its own mind; I only pray that they make the right choice. Mona's so called improvement has been so overrated just coz she managed to make it to the finals. She was not a non-dancer to begin with, she had rhythm and with the weeks of training, she should have come out a polished dancer. However her performance in the finals was nothing spectacular, Fahra even had to remind her of past pointers, which at that stage should not need to be practiced.

Therefore, its not justified to vote for Mona when Shveta has been almost flawless everytime. It's like putting in all the hard work revising for an exam, writing perfect answers only to be graded a zero, because the examiner feels the other candidate had struggled more and improved, even though clearly you've written the better paper. That doesn't happen in the real world as we live in a meritocratic society, so start putting the real back into reality..this reality dance show needs its rightful winner…Shveta Salve..the Princess of Dance.

Moreover, the only argument working in Mona's favour was that she is the underdog in terms of dancing skills. Well, Shveta is unfortunately the underdog of the public vote; the only difference is that Shveta is more worthy of being supported as she has not disappointed her viewers. She has been consistent, energetic, elegant and with Longi's innovative choreography, their performances have varied in style and steps.
3365 thumbnail
no one has still answered my ques y do we have seperate prameters for both?
Farida thumbnail
😊

Originally posted by: Buffie

Just a few thoughts😊

Mona's called the "dark horse"……Now the "dark horse" is essentially the a person who wins a competition although no one expected them to ….and as far as my knowledge goes,Mona has always been in the top 3,if judges scores are kept as the yardstick...She was always the favourite of the public,and has been one of the better dancers compared to people like sanjeev,ajay,rati,Pooja Bedi etc…..SO how can she be called the "dark horse"😕

Secondly,so much is being spoken about mona's improvement…..If we analyse her scores,her scores are as follows…(correct me if any of the scores is wrong,I'm recollecting from my memory,so I might be wrong also..correct me if I'm wrong😊)

Finals….20 24 29…..Average……24

Semi finals….24…27…..Average…..25.5

Quarter Finals(Total was 54,I don't remember the break up)…Average…..27.5

Fourth round:….27

Third round:…..23

Second round:…27

First round……24

Thus if we look at the scores in each performance(for the last three,I've considered the average score)…It is 24,27,24,27,27.5,25.5,24…..Total average being 25.36

Improvement is when scores increase continuously(as in the case if Hiten Gauri of NB 2,who fiest started with a 14,then 18,then 19,then 22)…..Mona's score has always been fluctuating,between 24 and 27/28……if we look at the graph,she started off with a 24,and in the finals too,she ended with a 24…..Thus why is this improvement so overhyped😕…..because the in the scores(individual in certain cases,and average scores when more than one performance was there) improvement has been a maximum of 3 marks,which even shveta has achieved….shveta's score in her first performance was 27,and has scored 30 in some of her performances….Thus even she can boast of the "3 marks" improvement

I'm not trying to manipulate,or enforce or brainwash…these are simple points which I have laid down..I fail to understand why mona is called the dark horse,and the one who has shown maximum improvement,because her scores don't say so exactly…she started with a 24,and her in the finals too,her average score was 24….People accuse shveta of having reached a plateau..but what about Mona..even she didn't start with a 24 and then increased her score in every single episode...in certain episodes,her score had increased,and then it would be back to square one in the next...her score has been fluctuating too,thus one cant say she has only and ONLY improved,because her performance in the finals was sort of a let down,because 20 and 24 werent her best scores,she has scored more previously….Thus she improved a week,then In the next week,she is back to that 24..,then 27,then again 24,then in the finals 21…..

Even shveta's scores has been fluctuating,betwween 27,28,29,30,26 and 21….but since no one touts her to be this contestant who has shown the maximum improvement,I'm not talking about her graph,as her improvement isnt being spoken about or overhyped..…But so much hoohah over Mona's "improvement",which I feel is sensationalized…No doubt mona did improve,scoring a 29 from a 24 is no mean feat,and all credit to her👏…but her total scores don't speak so,because she in all the rounds which had 2 performances,she did well on one,and not all that well in the other…if she is only improving,she should have done well in ALL the dances,or should have atleast sustained the improved scores…..sustaining is as important as improving,because doing well in one round,then being back to square one isnt called "improvement"..its the antithesis infact😆...Is her improvement overhyed and sensationalized..Because,I don't think she improved as much as her fans are making it to be

Just my opinion,which is backed with valid reasoning…fell free to contradict me,and prove me wrong by citing LOGICAL reasons and lets respect each other's views and not participate in name calling and mudslinging,as we've seen enough of it in the past 3 days

Cheers!

Word Count: 0

Farida thumbnail
Very well written and the LOGIC is extremely well done.

I just hope that every does consider the LOGIC of CONTEST , as dancing competition and not who is better looking or what ever than the other.