Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
seriously--Mona herself says that she needs to lose weight; in fact she enjoys it when she is prasied for her weight loss and gives loads of interviews about every single kilogram she loses; why are her fans complaining??

and being at a healthy weight is good for people; and people look nicer and can carry off any outfit if they are at their optimal weight

i fail to see why when mona herself thinks that she needs to loose weight and is sooo happy about losing it, why do her fans go on and on and on about defending her about the same weight she herself WANTS to desperately lose

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez its mind boggling!!!!
breathing_irony thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
this debate is still on......im jsut glad im not mona or sima biswas----i'd be cryin the teh toilet by now.... 😭

as for films.....i suppose u cant be on the fatter side and expect to be a very successful heroine.....Let's face it---YRF belt out nearly 1/2 of the major movies per n they all require their heroines to look glamorous....i knw ppl on the fatter side can look pretty as well but the movie going audience is such tht they prefer to watch glam dolls ....tht doesnt mean u need to get urself perfect abs----kajol was quite chubby n has never been on the thinner side but she wasnt 'fat' either. Mona on the othr hand was turning a bit too flabby......can u imagine mona is SN or D-2 or Don?----NO........and how many Blacks or Page-3's r actually made for brilliant actresses to showcase their talent?---VERY FEW!

There's no dearth of talent out there.....so why would film-makers take some1 who's slightly plump when they can alwys find some1 who is on the thinner side and can fit easily into a micro-mini skirt!
breathing_irony thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

n do u think any of us would be drolling over Hrithik if he had a paunch?

Some1 asked SAlman Khan once as to why he got interested in body building n he replied sayin tht acting is a visual-medium and u have to be visually appealing (in terms of looks, figure, clothes, styling...) to satisfy ur audience.....

Why do u think Hrtihik went into body building n tried to put on a bit of weight.....coz he knew tht having a good bod would certainly be an asset...

Why would KAreena btoehr losing weight? Do u think Bebo could haev grooved to Yeh mera dil with thunder thighs----NO! And she needs to do roles lik she did in K3G coz not many OMkara's r gonna come her way!

Anusha---I was super fat....i had to slog in the gym for 5 yrs (couldnt give up fatty food!)!!! And trust me---it feels gr8 to get thsoe compliments---mona'll be feeling over the moon with al lthe compliments---it does wonders to ur self-confidence....no mttr how much ppl deny it-----it does feel gr8 not to be on the fatter side.....

Edited by breathing_irony - 17 years ago
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hmm i dont think we need the textbook definition but lets face it, its human nature that physically attractive people are more desirable. Besides from the fact that its healthy to be in shape, its also a great confidence booster and economical too. Fitting into smaller sizes is way easier to shop for as its catered for in the mass market, unlike the plus sizes. I'm not advocating the 'size zero' phenomenon but just being slim works to one advantage on so many levels so there is nothing wrong in that.

Mona's pretty features are definately more accentuated when she is slimer, not that she losing her curves, she is still vivacious having lost a few kilos.
xaneroyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
there's an interesting article that's been posted in another threat "srk came from tv" ...quoted by Govinda..the chubbiest yet one of the best dancers (still hritrik is the wonder boy, even this new guy akshay kapoor from Alag dances pretty well and is HOT..)bollywood had ever seen, one of the biggest success stories, and the biggest comedians ever. the article also mentioned Madhavan ..not exactly you're eye candy..but he has his worshippers down in the south or will you now discriminate based on skin color too? and looking back..at all the people who are in the industry now, from sharukh, madhuri, akshay kumar, shilpa shetty..these people were disasters in the looks department 10 years ago..their dress sense was horrid..i mean the men used to wear green vests and white pants..and by no means was that "in" anywhere in the world..so yes definitions do progress and success and fame comes with a HUGE MAKEOVER, sameera reddy in her first movie with sohail khan was the behenjee type as some of you may refer..look at her now. It only takes a couple of movies, a couple of contacts..getting into the biz world changes their lives..some people stick to their looks..kajol still has her unibrow..her sister had a complete look overhaul 🤢 but if you don't have the talent or the merits..and you just have the body..you might get a movie or too but you won't stay in the industry and you'll always stay within certain types of roles..ex: Mallika sherawat, the ugly whats her name in every music video..rakhi sawant. You don't have to access bollywood through femina miss india or land your first contract in the gym pumping iron.
anonmember thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xaneroyxx

there's an interesting article that's been posted in another threat "srk came from tv" ...quoted by Govinda..the chubbiest yet one of the best dancers (still hritrik is the wonder boy, even this new guy akshay kapoor from Alag dances pretty well and is HOT..)bollywood had ever seen, one of the biggest success stories, and the biggest comedians ever. the article also mentioned Madhavan ..not exactly you're eye candy..but he has his worshippers down in the south or will you now discriminate based on skin color too? and looking back..at all the people who are in the industry now, from sharukh, madhuri, akshay kumar, shilpa shetty..these people were disasters in the looks department 10 years ago..their dress sense was horrid..i mean the men used to wear green vests and white pants..and by no means was that "in" anywhere in the world..so yes definitions do progress and success and fame comes with a HUGE MAKEOVER, sameera reddy in her first movie with sohail khan was the behenjee type as some of you may refer..look at her now. It only takes a couple of movies, a couple of contacts..getting into the biz world changes their lives..some people stick to their looks..kajol still has her unibrow..her sister had a complete look overhaul 🤢 but if you don't have the talent or the merits..and you just have the body..you might get a movie or too but you won't stay in the industry and you'll always stay within certain types of roles..ex: Mallika sherawat, the ugly whats her name in every music video..rakhi sawant. You don't have to access bollywood through femina miss india or land your first contract in the gym pumping iron.

Completely agree! Kajol is one actress who never compromised on her body. In some ways, its thanks toKajol that Fanaa became such a hit. Goes to show you dont need a six pack and a well toned body to become successful in showbiz. Other actresses that comes to mind are Juhi Chawla and Tabu. But some people may argue that these actresses are past their 'prime' (whatever that means) But they're mor wellknown then most newcomers who act in a film or two and flop themselves out of Bollywood. Esha and Rimi had to lose weight for Dhoom and they had what, a few scenes in the film? All that hard work for just a few scenes. Most of the credit went to Abhishek, Uday and John too. Tanisha went through an entire makeover for Neal N Nikki. The weight loss and makeover was hyped ridiculously (as well as the 'American Pie' angle) before the film released. What happened? Film flopped like anything at the box office!

Back to dancing since JDJ is primarily about dancing (according to people in this section) and not how fat or thin we are since its not really relevant. (or maybe it is?)

Someone mentioned the phrase 'thunder thighs' (find the term somewhat derogatory, but thats just me) in one of the earlier posts. Beyonce is a dancer cum singer. Her figure is more like Mona's than Shveta's. Some mentioned Farah Khan, Ganesh Acharya, Saroj Khan. They're all choregraphers and yes, not dancers but they have to know the art. So I guess having a good body isn't everything. Flexibility is key too and you can be Mona's size and still be flexible. Its not completely correlated to weight and size. It also depends on the type of dance. If the dance is a so called 'item number', usually 'dancing skills' arent required unless its a Kajra Re kind of number.

ANd being too thin isn't that great either. Qazi supposedly was dropped from a film cos he was too thin. Shahid Kapur had to workout cos he was too skinny as well. It goes both ways I guess. Mona may have to work hard to make it big in Bollywood but doesnt everyone? Some do it by working hard, others just take steroids to buff up their body! Some plastic surgery...

Its not a cakewalk to make it to Bollywood...another thing to actually be successful! Hrithik certainly looks droolworthy in the Dhoom 2 pics (cant say the same for Krrish). But seriously, his body looks 'greased' in some of the pics. 😆 Are the pics airbrushed? Maybe. Hot, no doubt...but pics can be manipulated...not saying Hrithik or other actors dont have a good body...Im sure they do compared to us mortals. I remember how Saif looked in the initial SN posters...was wondering how airbrushed those pics were...

anonmember thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

seriously--Mona herself says that she needs to lose weight; in fact she enjoys it when she is prasied for her weight loss and gives loads of interviews about every single kilogram she loses; why are her fans complaining??

and being at a healthy weight is good for people; and people look nicer and can carry off any outfit if they are at their optimal weight

i fail to see why when mona herself thinks that she needs to loose weight and is sooo happy about losing it, why do her fans go on and on and on about defending her about the same weight she herself WANTS to desperately lose

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez its mind boggling!!!!

People were happy for Mona when she lost some weight recently. I dont think anyone is complaining about Mona losing weight.😕 If she wants to lose weight, I doubt her fans would think it a bad idea. Seems like the discussion is more about weight, bollywood and dancing with some mention of Mona, Shveta and JDJ.

xaneroyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't know if some people watch so you think you can dance.. there are some amaxing dancers who have the so called "thunder thighs" and they rock the stage..so true sonyaee it has nothing to do with it most of the time..it might enhance it, or help with the lifts and all. but again it doesnt mean the contestant shld have no flexibility i find ganesh amaxing.
adnanFarz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
unfortunately we live in a society where looks are sooo important. for what reason, i donno. i think if you can pull off all the hard work that this show requires against a skinnier person, then more power to the "fatty" and secondly, god, Mona is not fat. she has hips and curves. so i dont see why a totum pole would be more appealing. i like women who are curvey. its really not appealing to be a stick 😉
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

thats a very rude offensive way to put it across , did we in any post use the word "ugly" where did that come from.I have lost all my respect for you with this one word that u used so, in the back of ur mind u do think that fat people are ugly otherwise this word wouldnt have been in ur post .

I think one day u will understand that "fat " people can be beautiful and good looking and I hope that day surely comes and the shallow times changes and people go to the movies to see good movies and entertainment irrespective of how they look

OH MY GOD!! YOU COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD ME. I am a bit fat and always been called cutie.. In my post, I meant I would prefer and UGLY (bad term for UNPLEASANT LOOKING) and FAT (OVERWEIGHT BY STDRDS of today) paro, if she could act well.

My mom is a fatty too and she is a Sr. Cutie. I never call fat people ugly. To me, they are warm and tender and soft 😆.

hope the ugly and fat BY PRESENT NORMS .. is clarified. i am not being judgmental at all here.
QT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago