Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kiranb06 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

first of all.. buffie, i NEVER called you a manipulator and politician..stop putting words in my mouth. all i said was that this weight issue has gotten out of hand. if you thought mona was fat before, fine, thats your opinion.. but dont broadcast it like that, becuz different people have different definitions of fat... i'm not either a die-hard mona fan or a die-hard shveta fan, but i'm personally against judgemental comments that has nothing to do with talent. I have ALWAYS said that.. initially when Mona fans were bashing Shveta's personality, and right now when everybody's harping on and on about Mona's weight. There's a reason why BOTH those women are in the finals, weight issue or not, or snob issues or not.

as far as ash, sush, lara, diya mirza, priyanka, etc making it in bollywood, well they had the bonus of being beauty queens.. Anyway, thats a moot point. I don't know any television actress who's made it into films..So if Mona hasn't gotten it, then it's a matter of time and luck. For that matter, neither has Shveta made it, and she's been around a heck of a lot longer.

As far as Konkona Sen Sharma, She's got her own style. She is a TRUE actress.. in just a matter of 2 years, she's made her mark. Now, THAT's true cinema. She may seem "second fiddle" to kareena and ash, but remember where these two women came from.. ash's first movie made me cringe when i saw it. Kareena went thru a bad phase as well. So don't be judgemental like that, making it seem that their weight is the one main reason they're in!! It really makes me laugh.

Please, again, this stupid topic is getting out of hand. Don't ruin Mona's happiness of being in the finals by making these stupid, inane topics the main focus of conversations and debates., Show some maturity and class!

Edited by kiranb06 - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@ xaneroyxx

you again went into the preachy mode ๐Ÿ˜† ..seriously,what are you trying to prove..that being fat is alright in cinema,if you want to live in a foolsparadise and if you so want to believe that everything is hunky dory and weight is never an issue,go ahead...But you are simply fooling yourself,,why is every celebrity and every star into diets and gymming..why does MONA HERSELF FEEL GOOD WHEN SHE LOSES WEIGHT,AND SAYS THAT SHE WANTS TO LOSE MORE......if weight wasnt an issue at all,why is the news of mona's weight loss being splashed all over the media...as QT said, it needs maturity in accepting that certain things are the way they are.....

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiranb06

first of all.. buffie, i NEVER called you a manipulator and politician..dont put words in my mouth.

chill kiran, that wasn't for u.

anyway, time to chill everyone. its only few days away. we'll know whether jassi wins or shveta. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: soap_fan

mods...please...this is totally out of line thread..i think you should please close this...talking about weight is not part of the show....and for your kind information Anusha...Farah, Saroj, Ganesh Acharya all are overwieght and thy are the best choreographers...so go figure....dont bother replying..because i wont be back to this section again...

none of these..i.e..farah,ganesh saroj etc dance in movies,they arent actresses๐Ÿ˜›

if everyone wants to fool themselves saying "weight and looks dont matter at all",so be it..because it surely isnt the fact,the fact is there for everyone to see.....maybe a case of sour grapes๐Ÿ˜‰

besides,dunno why people get so overworked when commented about a celebrity's weight๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†....

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I cant believe Buffie is being accussed of being immature just becasue she said something which is..uhhhh..whats the word..TRUE!!! it seems people direly need to wake up and smell the coffee

why do you think a huggeee hullabalooo was made out of the fact that Bipasha Basu had put on oodles of weight??why did aditya chopra instruct Ash and Esha to work out and tone themselves before D 2 and Dhoom respectively??do you seriously think people would have enjoyed seeing Hrithik pair against an overweight actress??could a certain overweight actress pull off the stunts in dhoom 1; 2 or DON??

May I remind people that Mona Singh is more plump compared to rani...rani was suppossed to lose weight for Chalte Chalte and she did; Rani had no scenes in Veer Zaara or black where she wore any outfits where the audiences could see her thighs and neither did she flaunt them; in the babul promos again Rani is covered from head to toe except maybe one scene with salman;
and the fact that mallika sherawat is eeewwwwwww has nothing to do with the fact that she is skinny--it has to do with the outfits she wears; the scenes she does; and how vulgar she looks;

If mona was really all that--she wouldnt be stuck to sony--people may not like krrish or KMG BUT those movies were superhits BUT manini mishra had a role in krrish--albeit it was a sidekick it was still a role and manini is skinny--she could play the role of a 20something; mona however would NOT suit the role;
Bobby Pushkarna said signing mona was a huge mistake--

and what COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL movie has Konkona sen sharma been in..because at the end of the day its all about the box office..it may not be so in some ppl's view BUT that's how bollywood works--no one wuld have touched rani had she not given a hit in Chalte Chalte and had bitsy performances for KJo..and that is a FACT; let konkona sen sharma star as the lead actress in a YRF or KJo or Rakesh roshan or SRK or any comemrcial superhit movie then we shall talk; till then a dose of reality shall do much good!!!

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago
xaneroyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

first of all.. buffie, i NEVER called you a manipulator and politician..stop putting words in my mouth. all i said was that this weight issue has gotten out of hand. if you thought mona was fat before, fine, thats your opinion.. but dont broadcast it like that, becuz different people have different definitions of fat... i'm not either a die-hard mona fan or a die-hard shveta fan, but i'm personally against judgemental comments that has nothing to do with talent. I have ALWAYS said that.. initially when Mona fans were bashing Shveta's personality, and right now when everybody's harping on and on about Mona's weight. There's a reason why BOTH those women are in the finals, weight issue or not, or snob issues or not.

as far as ash, sush, lara, diya mirza, priyanka, etc making it in bollywood, well they had the bonus of being beauty queens.. Anyway, thats a moot point. I don't know any television actress who's made it into films..So if Mona hasn't gotten it, then it's a matter of time and luck. For that matter, neither has Shveta made it, and she's been around a heck of a lot longer.

As far as Konkona Sen Sharma, She's got her own style. She is a TRUE actress.. in just a matter of 2 years, she's made her mark. Now, THAT's true cinema. She may seem "second fiddle" to kareena and ash, but remember where these two women came from.. ash's first movie made me cringe when i saw it. Kareena went thru a bad phase as well. So don't be judgemental like that, making it seem that their weight is the one main reason they're in!! It really makes me laugh.

Please, again, this stupid topic is getting out of hand. Don't ruin Mona's happiness of being in the finals by making these stupid, inane topics the main focus of conversations and debates., Show some maturity and class!

Wasn't for you Kiran ๐Ÿ˜Š Just over enthusiatic as usual

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: Buffie

you again went into the preachy mode ๐Ÿ˜† ..seriously,what are you trying to prove..that being fat is alright in cinema,if you want to live in a foolsparadise and if you so want to believe that everything is hunky dory and weight is never an issue,go ahead...But you are simply fooling yourself,,why is every celebrity and every star into diets and gymming..why does MONA HERSELF FEEL GOOD WHEN SHE LOSES WEIGHT,AND SAYS THAT SHE WANTS TO LOSE MORE......if weight wasnt an issue at all,why is the news of mona's weight loss being splashed all over the media...as QT said, it needs maturity in accepting that certain things are the way they are.....

First of all when did i ever say that toning ur body and getting healthy is wrong .All i said was that getting into shape for themselves to boost their confidence is FINE ,so understand that .

I said in movies ,the mindset that people who are plump can never make it is wrong coz films is an art and art does not rewuire physical feautres unless the characetr demads it.

why cant a plump woman play a doctors role which many actresses play as the heroine, why cant plump sized ladies do the role of a radio jockey,even a simple gal next door forget that even a poor lady with so many difficulties wears glamouros outfits asif she wasnt poor but an actress ๐Ÿ˜† If a doctor can sing and dance in sexy outfits then why cant a plump beautiful lady essay the role of a normal doctor ,why does it become taboo and why do people not want to see it or willing to explore that possibility

thats a very sad state and to think that people support and agree to it is even more pathetic . I never preach anyone buffie but if thats what u think , its fine ,u are a kid and I am willing to ignore ur comments

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I cant believe Buffie is being accussed of being immature just becasue she said something which is..uhhhh..whats the word..TRUE!!! it seems people direly need to wake up and smell the coffee

why do you think a huggeee hullabalooo was made out of the fact that Bipasha Basu had put on oodles of weight??why did aditya chopra instruct Ash and Esha to work out and tone themselves before D 2 and Dhoom respectively??do you seriously think people would have enjoyed seeing Hrithik pair against an overweight actress??could a certain overweight actress pull off the stunts in dhoom 1; 2 or DON??

May I remind people that Mona Singh is more plump compared to rani...rani was suppossed to lose weight for Chalte Chalte and she did; Rani had no scenes in Veer Zaara or black where she wore any outfits where the audiences could see her thighs and neither did she flaunt them; in the babul promos again Rani is covered from head to toe except maybe one scene with salman;
and the fact that mallika sherawat is eeewwwwwww has nothing to do with the fact that she is skinny--it has to do with the outfits she wears; the scenes she does; and how vulgar she looks;

If mona was really all that--she wouldnt be stuck to sony--people may not like krrish BUT manini mishra had a role in krrish--albeit it was a sidekick it was still a role and manini is skinny--she could play the role of a 20something; mona however would NOT suit the role;
Bobby Pushkarna said signing mona was a huge mistake--

and what COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL movie has Konkona sen sharma been in..because at the end of the day its all about the box office..it may not be so in some ppl's view BUT that's how bollywood works--no one wuld have touched rani had she not given a hit in Chalte Chalte and had bitsy performances for KJo..and that is a FACT; let konkona sen sharma star as the lead actress in a YRF or KJo or Rakesh roshan or SRK or any comemrcial superhit movie then we shall talk; till then a dose of reality shall do much good!!!

very well-said Blondums ๐Ÿ‘
insouciance thumbnail

first of all.. buffie, i NEVER called you a manipulator and politician..dont put words in my mouth. all i said was that this weight issue has gotten out of hand. if you thought mona was fat before, fine, thats your opinion.. but dont broadcast it like that, becuz different people have different definitions of fat... i'm not either a die-hard mona fan or a die-hard shveta fan, but i'm personally against judgemental comments that has nothing to do with talent. I have ALWAYS said that.. initially when Mona fans were bashing Shveta's personality, and right now when everybody's harping on and on about Mona's weight. There's a reason why BOTH those women are in the finals, weight issue or not, or snob issues or not.

as far as ash, sush, lara, diya mirza, priyanka, etc making it in bollywood, well they had the bonus of being beauty queens... count how many have made it from these pageants, includ juhi, zeenat aman, namrata sh, etc. Anyway, thats a moot point. I don't know any television actress who's made it into films..So if Mona hasn't gotten it, then it's a matter of time and luck. For that matter, neither has Shveta made it, and she's been around a heck of a lot longer.

As far as Konkona Sen Sharma, i don't think she's second fiddle to anyone. She's got her own style. She is a TRUE actress.. in just a matter of 2 years, she's made her mark. Now, THAT's true cinema. She may seem "second fiddle" to kareena and ash, but remember where these two women came from.. ash's first movie made me cringe when i saw it. Kareena went thru a bad phase as well as a flop actress. So don't be judgemental like that, making it seem that their weight is the one main reason they're in!! It really makes me laugh.

Oh no,that wasnt for you๐Ÿ˜ณ...You never called anyone names๐Ÿ˜ƒ...that reply was a combined one to you,and the person who quoted you๐Ÿ˜†

I didnt start this thread,someone else did,so dont blame me for that๐Ÿ˜†

Kareena might have n number of flops,Ash just has 3 hits,in a career spanning over 10 years..and the first 6 years of rani's career might have been disastrous,but DESPITE OF ALL THAT,these are still the top actresses...because of their looks,figures and popularity..They bag the biggest roles today,and work for the best production houses.....

dont get me wrong..I'm just talking about the CURRENT state of affairs....THIN is surely in,and if people keep saying that"even in the entertainment field,being thin isnt needed",then it doesnt cut any ice....

and this isnt a mona bashing thread,but I simply cannot accept it when people call her "thin"๐Ÿ˜•

xaneroyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Never refuted the fact that looks are among the key factors for entry in bollywood and baggind diversified roles. Talent is a huge factor. this is why people like Dia,Mallika, etc..come second to Rani, Kajol ,etc.. who aren't exactly model figures. and indeed to do stunts or to be a part of a great commercial success like Dhoom or Don you definetly need the looks to pull it off, like i said before they do this for a living, so they have to shape themselves in out of the role according to what it requires.