Users

Frequent Posters

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
xaneroyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Esha Deol wasn't over weight? I believe out of all the new comers she was the thickest..and in dire need of a makeover! even after she just looks bulky.

just because these people are on screen it doesnt mean that they have to be anything but human. they have to meet the requirements of the role, if they have to lose weight, gain weight, cut their hair, grow it long, go with no makeup, wear a certain custome..because this is what they do for a living and this is how they make their living. I disagree that no one care about normal people so they shouldnt bother..the so called actors who put themselves up for judgement act as role models for so many of the "normal people" and if they happen to give away anything but a healthy picture..the normal people follow their lead. Its not always about the skin show, or else like i said earlier people like Rani, Madhuri, Rekha, Preity and others wouldnt have survived because those didnt literally bare it all off..nor do they match your definition of flex and tone. Salman has always been muscular and fit,so has hritrik and i believe thats a positive picture that encourages people to get active and lead a healthy life style..but i don't know if it works the same way with women. some prefer curves..but again there's a line between looking healthy and looking chunky.
Edited by xaneroyxx - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
kiranb06 thumbnail

Ok,.. since nobody has said it yet, I'll come out and say it. Buffie, your comments about "overweight actresses" is getting a bit out of hand. First of all, I'm nowhere near being fat, forget chubby, i go to the gym everyday, so don't think "only overweight people feel their pain" but I'm sensitive enough to know that these actresses are also humans. You are ONLY 18 years old, and prob don't understand good cinema. Trust me dear, it's just a temporary trend for directors to go after skinny bods. Since you seem to be such a great judge, why don't you go try your hand at acting? Lose your extra weight and lets see if you can make your mark with one show or movie. I'm not saying you can't do it.. but it's very very very hard. On top of that, it makes it even more tough for these women, having the public criticize and comment on stupid, inconsequential things. Judge their talent instead. If you remember, in the first dance Mona ever did, although Mona was chubby, Farah asked her to come into the movies. So honey, Shveta's not the only one to have gotten those comments.

I asked my fiance who he liked better in JDJ.. he said that Shveta's dance is the best (he would vote for her, like myself), but you can tell Mona has the package as an actress.

Buffie, Mona didnt get "lucky" with her role in Jassi... she had the talent and looks that got her there. I barely watched the show, but from what i saw and read, the girl's highly talented... She became more popular than Shveta, who is 4-5 serials old. don't get me wrong, i really think shveta's a better dancer, and if I could, I'd have voted for her.. but that doesn't take away the fact that Mona's made her mark with ONLY 1 show, and only talent can get you there.

Dhoom and Don required toned girls. So what if Rani didn't fit in? There are a zillion scripts out there that all these talented actresses can showcase their skills.. Konkona Sen is an AMAZING actress, and has still made a name for herself in a relatively short period, despite not being "toned." Rani is absolutely mindblowing and one of thetopmost actresses, above and beyond all these so-called "toned and skinny" actresses. You're the first person who said that Aish was flabby and all in Kajra re. Honey, it just proves you're not a guy or aren't old enough to know what guys like. Guys love women with a little flab ;) πŸ˜‰!! IF you consider Aish flabby in that song, then I find it really laughable.. Mallika Sherawat has the hottest body.. look at where she is and what kinda reputation she has. When has weight become such a huge issue dude? This world hasn't become THAT superficial honey. So instead of checking out bodies, i say start checking out true talent., I enjoyed Rani in KKHH as much as I enjoyed her in Black. SLB, Yash Chopra, Karan J, are all the topmost directors of India. Do you think any one of us are competant enough to challenge their choices?

Hence I implore you guys.., stop bashing Mona for her weight. She isn't overweight anymore.. she WAS at the start of her JDJ experience. Don't make this overweight issue bigger than her having got into the finals, and looking sexy to boot!! That's a huge achievement for her! I once commented towards Mona fans not to take away from Shveta's dancing skills and to judge only the dancing (i.e,. Shveta being better), but now i tell us Shveta fans, not to put Mona down in our quest to make Shveta look better. That's not a fair debate... oh like, mona's overweight, or shveta's a snob, or mona's just popular (not a good dancer), or shveta's greedy, etc. These are all inconsequential things. If you want to debate, debate about their DANCE, that's all. WHo knows if Mona or Shveta became the next Rani?! Remember that Rani went thru a bad phase as well in Bollywood

Edited by kiranb06 - 17 years ago
xaneroyxx thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiranb06

Ok,.. since nobody has said it yet, I'll come out and say it. Buffie, your comments are getting a bit out of hand about ""overweight actresses"". This is a direct comment to you. First of all, I'm nowhere near being fat, forget chubby, i go to the gym everyday, so don't think "only overweight people feel their pain" but I'm sensitive enough to know that these actresses are also humans. You are ONLY 18 years old, and prob don't understand good cinema. Trust me dear, it's just a temporary trend for directors to go after skinny bods. Since you seem to be such a great judge, why don't you go try your hand at acting or how about directing? Lose your extra weight and lets see if you can make your mark with one show or movie. I'm not saying you can't do it.. but it's very very very hard. On top of that, it makes it even more tough for these people, having the public criticize and comment on stupid, inconsequential things. If you remember, in the first dance Mona ever did, although Mona was chubby, Farah asked her to come into the movies. So honey, Shveta's not the only one to have gotten those comments.

Buffie, Mona didnt get "lucky" with her role in Jassi... she had the talent and looks that got her there. I barely watched the show, but from what i saw and read, the girl's highly talented... She became more popular than Shveta, who is 4-5 serials old. don't get me wrong, i really think shveta's a better dancer, and if I could, I'd have voted for her.. but that doesn't take away the fact that Mona's made her mark with ONLY 1 show, and only talent can get you there.

Dhoom and Don required toned girls. So what if Rani didn't fit in? There are a zillion scripts out there that all these talented actresses can showcase their skills.. Konkona Sen is an AMAZING actress, and has still made a name for herself in a relatively short period, despite not being "toned." Rani is absolutely mindblowing and is the topmost actresses, above and beyond all these so-called "toned and skinny" actresses. You're the first person who said that Aish was flabby and all in Kajra re. Honey, it just proves you're not a guy. Guys love women with a little flab ;)!! IF you consider Aish flabby in that song, then I find it really laughable.. Mallika Sherawat has the hottest body.. look at where she is and what kinda reputation she has. When has weight become such a huge issue dude? This world hasn't become THAT superficial honey. So instead of checking out bodies, i say start checking out true talent., I enjoyed Rani in KKHH as much as I enjoyed her in Black. SLB, Yash Chopra, Karan J, are all the topmost directors of India. Do you think any one of us can or are competant enough to challenge their choices?

Hence I implore you guys.., stop bashing Mona for her weight. She isn't overweight anymore.. she WAS at the start of her JDJ experience. Don't make this overweight issues bigger than her having got into the finals, and looking sexy to boot!! That's a huge achievement for her! I once commented towards Mona fans not to take away from Shveta's dancing skills and to judge only the dancing (i.e,. Shveta being better), but now i tell us Shveta fans, not to put Mona down in our quest to make Shveta look better. That's not a fair debate... oh like, mona's overweight, or shveta's a snob, or mona's just popular (not a good dancer), or shveta's greedy, etc. These are all inconsequential things. If you want to debate, debate about their DANCE, that's all. WHo knows if Mona or Shveta became the next Rani?! Remember that Rani went thru a bad phase as well in Bollywood

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘- That says it all- whoaaaaa she's only 18?!! no wonder..
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiranb06

WHo knows if Mona or Shveta became the next Rani?! Remember that Rani went thru a bad phase as well in Bollywood

sorry dear, but rani was never THAT PLUMP and HEALTHY as mona. she was petite chubby. and she started working in the last decade. I love both mona and rani.. and KAJOL is my most favorite..
kajol I agree used to be a heafty GIFT to Bollywood.. and how amazing is she!! 😳
there is only one in 20 though. also, that was in the 90s- my time. These days, if mallika sherawat and priyanka chopra can bag big roles, one has to wonder about the trend. Mona will have to work on some weight to get easy access to high wire roles. Times are changing in India- i don;t think its nice, but maturity is in accepting that they are changing.
I think sherawat is really unpleasant looking and i also feel that ASH is figureless..she cud use a bit weight on top. The song "Chandanee chandnee" gives us a brief glimpse of what she is like πŸ˜†πŸ˜† but my opinion doesn;t count.
Thin is UNFORTUNATELY in!
Maturity is in accepting that. Why is it that since the past several months, jassi bagged nothing in spite of all the air about her getting into bollywood? aishwarya, sushmita, priyanka, diya mirza, mallika, celina jetley.. they bagged roles in the blink of an eye. they in fact, had showed NO PREVIOUS ACTING TALENT. except for raincoat, i am yet to see that in ash. but yeah, she is the ruling bollywood queen. and given Mona's size to ash, i doubt she would have bagged all those roles.. Just think about it.
I don;t think thin is the way to go, but it indeed seems like it ..

QT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: xaneroyxx

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘- That says it all- whoaaaaa she's only 18?!! no wonder..

Pot calling kettle black.....you claim to be so mature,yet called me names like a manipulator and politician....Where did your maturity go thenπŸ˜†

Keep fooling yourselves saying being overweight doesnt matter,because in the entertainment industry it does..Can anyone find any TOP actress who is the size of Mona.. seriously,Point out one actress who is her size,and has made it really big.........You wouldnt be able to find even one....πŸ˜†

and Mona was rejected by a producer,he called it his "biggest mistake" to sign her on..

and about Jassi,Mona HERSELF claims to be lucky for having bagged that role,its a self proclaimed statement...Not my words,Mona's own words...πŸ˜† and anybody who would have been JAssi would have been as popular as Mona...Mona wasnt all that great when she started actng,the novelty of the show hooked audience,they would have been hooked even if Jasmeet Walia was played by anyone,the show was pathbreaking,and she became an overnight success because she was lucky to have bagged the role,and SHE HERELF SAYS THAT....

Konkona isnt a mainstream bollywood heroine..she is still playing supporting rolesπŸ˜†,played second fiddle to kareena in omkara,now is all set to play second fiddle to rani...Aish was flabby,you shoudl see her at IIFA,that is called flabby,if you dont find it flabby,no wonder you dont find Mona fat....wake up and smell the coffee before accusing me of being immatureπŸ˜†

and you really seem to be new,because ask anyone in the JJKn forum,they would tell you that I've always felt mona was fat,its got nothing to do with JDJ,mona has always been fat ever since her makeover....If you find her sexy,thin and sultry,doesnt mean that even I should find her to be all that.....Mona has been overweight since the past one year,didnt lose much,albeit articles about ehr weight loss used to galore...and finally lost SOME weight on JDJ,but she still isnt thin....Its got nothing to do with trying to put down mona to make shveta look better,tina would tell you,because even before,and even last year around the same time,I used to call Mona fat,because she truly is....Because if people start calling Mona thin,then women like rani need to be called emaciated,and one needs to find another term to use for the really emaciated ones....

xaneroyxx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

Pot calling kettle black.....you claim to be so mature,yet called me names like a manipulator and politician....Where did your maturity go thenπŸ˜†

Keep fooling yourselves saying being overweight doesnt matter,because in the entertainment industry it does..Can anyone find any TOP actress who is the size of Mona.. seriously,Point out one actress who is her size,and has made it really big.........You wouldnt be able to find even one....πŸ˜†

and Mona was rejected by a producer,he called it his "biggest mistake" to sign her on..

and about Jassi,Mona HERSELF claims to be lucky for having bagged that role,its a self proclaimed statement...Not my words,Mona's own words...πŸ˜† and anybody who would have been JAssi would have been as popular as Mona...Mona wasnt all that great when she started actng,the novelty of the show hooked audience,they would have been hooked even if Jasmeet Walia was played by anyone,the show was pathbreaking,and she became an overnight success because she was lucky to have bagged the role,and SHE HERELF SAYS THAT....

Konkona isnt a mainstream bollywood heroine..she is still playing supporting rolesπŸ˜†,played second fiddle to kareena in omkara,now is all set to play second fiddle to rani...Aish was flabby,you shoudl see her at IIFA,that is called flabby,if you dont find it flabby,no wonder you dont find Mona fat....wake up and smell the coffee before accusing me of being immatureπŸ˜†

and you really seem to be new,because ask anyone in the JJKn forum,they would tell you that I've always felt mona was fat,its got nothing to do with JDJ,mona has always been fat ever since her makeover....If you find her sexy,thin and sultry,doesnt mean that even I should find her to be all that.....Mona has been overweight since the past one year,didnt lose much,albeit articles about ehr weight loss used to galore...and finally lost SOME weight on JDJ,but she still isnt thin....Its got nothing to do with trying to put down mona to make shveta look better,tina would tell you,because even before,and even last year around the same time,I used to call Mona fat,because she truly is....Because if people start calling Mona thin,then women like rani need to be called emaciated,and one needs to find another term to use for the really emaciated ones....

Okay first of all where are you going saying that I'm claiming maturity or re-opening old subjects, again saying that I called you names. What you say about other people , no matter how many arguments and counter arguments, and long pages you write to try and prove your point..oh sorry "to try and express your repressed opinion..according to the code of conduct' does have its effect, and it definetly effects people..and moreover it forms an opinion about you and your personality. others have already told you that, others have decided to leave threads because they've given up with your attitude or the misunderstandings you've landed them into, or simply because of the way you word things, You do have to realize whether you care less or not, or whether you decide to preach in reply for this in 30 pages by quoting and bolding that you cross the line a lot of times and hurt peoples feelings.and just like you're EXPRESSING your repressed opinion and no one can hold you to that, let people express theirs..if we think that at your age, you're no judge..then we're entitled to think that. PERIOD. if you think chubby, chunky, overweight people need a reality check and don't belong in certain places especially in the film industry..and you decide to write a personalized attack on them, even though with your so called reason people have refuted with examples..but unfortunately your nature never settles..(I forgot..winning and POV) then accept to be a part of the discussion without marginalizing groups, its like because you have a certain physical attribute you won't be allowed in this field unless you change it, thats what your saying , and to some extent its true but there are many cases that defy your point. It has gone far beyond Shveta and Mona. This mentality needs to change before society advances or most people would be home jobless. or are you preaching perfection, which at 18 most of us do.

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nobody denies the fact that Mona has put on weight but why is such an issue is the wuestion .When did physical feature attribute to success and what happened to talent.

dont the actresses want ot be known for good acting and talent than looks . who knows there may be a time when "plump" is IN so would that arguement still hold in place and would u still argue that its a fact and people who enter movoes should gain weight as its needed .
No coz that would be wrong, I know for a fact that bollwood gives utmost imporatnce to looks but is that RIGHT is the question and if the peole themseves support that trend then how will talented people who may be plump or dark or short or too thin showcase their talent . Arent they entitled to dream big and make in BIG in bollywood or is that acrime.

The society and people invoke thoughts and the movies are a reflection of the society (thats what most directors say" , so the fact is good entertainment can come in any package ,just a good script and talent and the looks required for the role is important .Who changes the trend,someone has to take the initiative and start it and shed this thought that "it would look like a documentary if plus sized women act in lead roles"
why cant they make a enteratinining movie without over the top galmourous songs with ridiculous lyrics and claiming that thats the IN thing

see toning ur body for looking healthy and feeling good is fine but why should that be the criteria to enter movies,why cant talent be the one criteria atleast the main criteria to enter movies and thats what i am questioning . Why is there a thought that people like to watch only slim figures or glamourous roles ........unless someone breaks that thought by trying something different .....in the end a good movie which entertains you is more imporatnt than how they look (for me )

god I am disguested with such thoughts ,looks like our country will never improve with such ridiculous thoughts .

HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
mods...please...this is totally out of line thread..i think you should please close this...talking about weight is not part of the show....and for your kind information Anusha...Farah, Saroj, Ganesh Acharya all are overwieght and thy are the best choreographers...so go figure....dont bother replying..because i wont be back to this section again...