Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sofia83 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I think in television wise...i consider Kripa from kaisa yeh...to be a little on the over weight side and also Jassi. But Jassi is punjabi so she definitely has the curves but in her show jassi jaisi...she was fine...she wasn't over weight. Also Heetal from thodi kushi...now i totally think she is overweight...or she just chubby!

I think for bollywood...i find Sameera Reddy to be thick...not fat but thick...like she can afford to shed a few lbs. here and there...but then again she is pretty tall!

I don't think we should be comparing ourselves to girls such as mallika arora, sushmita sen, aishwariya rai...because these girls are completely out of the oridinary. I mean a woman with curves is wayyy hotter that skinny pole! I think Rani is ok...but she's wayyy to short! I thought Priety Zinta looked fat in Kabhi alvida...i think it varies way to much for Bollywood Actresses!
Edited by sofia83 - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tina59

I agree with most of ur points , But there is just one difference here and that is the actresses dont lose weight to get into a movie or be glamourous for their movies, they do it for themselves . Whatever they do ,lose weight do suregeries etc etc are for themselves only and not for the movies they do or want to do .

when u watch a hollwood movie ,u can see meryl streep aged and yet bagging good roles , u have Morgan Freeman ,very aged yet acting in good lead roles, then u have Bruce Willis ,who is bald yet he has so many fans , there are so many films which doesnt look at glamour and figure at all .I mean hats off to them and thats why hollwood gives out the best films and its a treat to watch them .

here in Bollwood ,the actresses are made to lose weight not for themselves but for their success in movies coz glamour only sells and thats NOT RIGHT . I think the story ,script and good acting should be the recipe for good films & successful films

Anyway one day I hope someone changes this trend and tries to change things and take the initiative to do so.

Tina,why would hollywood beauties lose weighjt,they are allready so thin...Here,some girls need to be told that they need to lose weight..Like Aishwarya and Rani...Aishwarya was so flabby in the Kajra re video,her abs were so flabby,and surely not toned..and it did look a little bad...Even when she performed at the IIFA last eyat,she looked fat,her hips were huge....and she lost weight for dhoom,but otherwise,she didnt take it upon herself to lose weight..The only girl who lost weight out of personal motivation was Bipasha...Everyone else from Esha deol,to Ash,to Tanisha lost weight when they were asked too.....Infact esha wasnt even fat,but to get under the skin of the character in dhoom,she had to lose weight.....

Meryl streep is aged,so is jaya bachchan...In hollywood,roles are written keeping meryl streep and richard gere in mind,just like how here amitabh is still working in good projects....and even in bollywood,one has movies which arent solely glamouresque....Like fanaa,RAng De Basanti,Munnabhai etc....

and glamour isnt the ONLY desiseratum,because if that was the case,everyone from riya sen to amrita arora should have made it as big as rani and Ash..CAting is important too,but along with acting,one is required to be toned...I repeat,toned,not skinny or emaciated..Infact,too skinny ones are asked to gain weight..a ka amrita rao...other girls lika kareena,rani etc are quitew well built and healthy,and if they dont keep a watch on their weight,they would end up being overweight....Indian women per se are a bit on the healthier side,indian models arent as skinny as international runaway catwalk models...ths indians specifically need to be more careful😃

Besides,its always visually more appealing to watch a thin rani,rather than watch the rani of ghulam....Its visually appealing to watch Hrithik or Abhishek ....Watchign a flabby ash groove to Kajra re didnt make as appealing a sight as watching Ash groove to dhoom machale,where she looks much better,much thinner.....One cant be a fat slob,and expect to bag lead roles

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Buffie

Tina,why would hollywood beauties lose weighjt,they are allready so thin...Here,some girls need to be told that they need to lose weight..Like Aishwarya and Rani...Aishwarya was so flabby in the Kajra re video,her abs were so flabby,and surely not toned..and it did look a little bad...Even when she performed at the IIFA last eyat,she looked fat,her hips were huge....and she lost weight for dhoom,but otherwise,she didnt take it upon herself to lose weight..The only girl who lost weight out of personal motivation was Bipasha...Everyone else from Esha deol,to Ash,to Tanisha lost weight when they were asked too.....Infact esha wasnt even fat,but to get under the skin of the character in dhoom,she had to lose weight.....

Meryl streep is aged,so is jaya bachchan...In hollywood,roles are written keeping meryl streep and richard gere in mind,just like how here amitabh is still working in good projects....and even in bollywood,one has movies which arent solely glamouresque....Like fanaa,RAng De Basanti,Munnabhai etc....

and glamour isnt the ONLY desiseratum,because if that was the case,everyone from riya sen to amrita arora should have made it as big as rani and Ash..CAting is important too,but along with acting,one is required to be toned...I repeat,toned,not skinny or emaciated..Infact,too skinny ones are asked to gain weight..a ka amrita rao...other girls lika kareena,rani etc are quitew well built and healthy,and if they dont keep a watch on their weight,they would end up being overweight....Indian women per se are a bit on the healthier side,indian models arent as skinny as international runaway catwalk models...ths indians specifically need to be more careful😃

Besides,its always visually more appealing to watch a thin rani,rather than watch the rani of ghulam....Its visually appealing to watch Hrithik or Abhishek ....Watchign a flabby ash groove to Kajra re didnt make as appealing a sight as watching Ash groove to dhoom machale,where she looks much better,much thinner.....One cant be a fat slob,and expect to bag lead roles

why cant they ,if they good acting skills and talent ,why they get good lead roles ,why cant there be scripts that looks away from glamour and the figure .

Why cant bollywood try to attempt something like that,why si there so much focus on these things rather than a good script and well etched characters that are written esp for the actors like they do in hollywood .

I know thats how it is in bollwood but is that right is the question . Ash may be dancing away gloriously in her perfect body stats but for me acting only matters ,I dont care whether she looks glamourous or not. Rani mukherjee was anything but glamourous IN BLACK and she did it and it was successful , now tell me Mona could have donme that role too unfortunately she isnt a big star in bollywood .

why is there such a trend in bollwood , entertainment doesnt look for glamour (atleast for me and it differs from person to person),any film which appeals to you in terms of script,story or acting would be a success if only people could understand that .

Cant blame the film guys if the society itself defines it in that way . Its a pity and I am glad that this doesnt happen in south indian movies otherwise we wouldnt have found the best actor/actresses in the industry .Thank god for that .Why cant there be a love story with a plus sized woman,is that wrong or doest it happen in society ? why cant romantic drama movies with overweight women been made, is that wrong or doesnt it happen in real life ........whats wrong with it

u can pick out just 3 movies that have been so see thats what i am talking about , thats why good movies in bollwood with good author backed roles are not being made and its a sad state.

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago
HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
god..this is another controversial thread...but still i am going to add my 2 cents...i think people who call others fat are fat themselves. 😆 😆 😆 ...i am overweight too after i had my baby...so i think Mona is absolutely perfect..yes was a tad over weight when she started off...then did you notice Rati????...and omg Bipasha in sooooooo many movies..she is over weight...anyways...me and husband both think that Shveta is toooo skinny...
Edited by soap_fan - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

why cant they ,if they good acting skills and talent ,why they get good lead roles ,why cant there be scripts that looks away from glamour and the figure .

Why cant bollywood try to attempt something like that,why si there so much focus on these things rather than a good script and well etched characters that are written esp for the actors like they do in hollywood .

WHo said there is a dearth of good scripts😆..If you have read the dhoom 2 preview,its one helluva script,but fat plump people wouldnt fit into that movie😳...There are so many genres,and one such genre is the"chic flick" genre,where the script demands the actors to look GOOD,to look glamourous....That's how the industry works,one would also question"why does looks matter at all"...but the axiomatic fact is that,in the entertainment industry,looks does matter..Its not the ONLY factor,but its one of the factors that an actress needs to have......even priety zinta says that looks is very important for an actress(Yes,I used the word actress..couldnt care less what PZ wants to prove by calling herself an actor),so does Hrithik Roshan,who infact admits that looking good doesnt come that easy,maintaining good looks demands for great hard work

RAni was great in black,but lets for once be practical...Albeit rani was topflight in black(which again,I think was an overrated performance),her character didnt demand her to wear short clothes...Thus its allright for her to be a bit plump,but a character like sunehri of dhoom demanded ash to lose weight..Its all depends on the character....and I think you're overrating hollywood...Agreed great movies are made,but quite a few of the movies churned out is crap....Not all hollywood movies are good,same with bollywood😃........Good movies are definitely being made, a ka lage raho munna bhai(havent watched it yet,but I believe its a wonderful movie),

I know thats how it is in bollwood but is that right is the question . Ash may be dancing away gloriously in her perfect body stats but for me acting only matters ,I dont care whether she looks glamourous or not. Rani mukherjee was anything but glamourous IN BLACK and she did it and it was successful , now tell me Mona could have donme that role too unfortunately she isnt a big star in bollywood .

Mona's a great actress,but cant surely be bracketed with the likes of RAni Mukherjee.😃...RAni's a class apart,compared to all these telly stars...Just my opinion..and how many movies liek black is being made...We have just one black ,even Rani doesnt get another black,she retrogrsses back to the bunty babli,KANK,Baabul etc....Its sad that movies like black arent being made too often,but can anyone of us help it....and rani too didnt clinch BLACK all that easily,she had to prove herself in bollywood for 7 years,before she got a black....initially to have an edge,looks does matter,and then one can clinb the ladder to become a legend..a la Madhuri Dixit..she started with crappy movies,and her first hit Tehzeeb wasnt a character oriented movie,her ek do theen number catapulted her into the limelight...thus even all time greats heroines have struggled,and have done glamour/masala movies before becomming the numero uno actress....Thus looks does matter,atleast for the initial break..HAd madhuri been overweight,she wouldnt have gotten her first break,thus we would have lost out on a legend..Ditto with priyanka chopra(allthough she's no legend)...She needed to look like a model for Aitraaz,and this movie put her in a totally different league alltogether😛

Cant blame the film guys if the society itself defines it in that way . Its a pity and I am glad that this doesnt happen in south indian movies

the days of khushboo are over...Even south indian heroines are thin..genelia,Trisha,etc are all quite thin...and even in Kanada and malayalam movies,these days,the leading ladies are not obese or overweight.....It was only jyotika who was fat,all others are normal weight😃..and jyotika's case was one of sheer luck,and another thing is that the south audience like the healthier women,thus heroines who move from the north are heavily padded up🤢...The tastes of the south audience isnt the same as the one of the rest of indians...Even in the 80's,the bollywood heroines were much thinner than the south indian heroines like jayalalita......

otherwise we wouldnt have found the best actor/actresses in the industry .Thank god for that

Hrithik has a great body,he's one of the finest actors...ABhishek is proper weight,and he's the next superstar in the making,Aamir Khan is very cute,and he is one of the best actors in india.....Hema Malini,Rekha,Madhuri were good looking actresses,whose weight was proper(they werent overweight)..Rani isnt overweight(she's thinner than mona),and besides rani was a star kid...and star kids find it easier to get that initial break.....SRk,albeit not great looking made it big,But everyone cant be SRK😃....

.Why cant there be a love story with a plus sized woman,is that wrong or doest it happen in society ? why cant romantic drama movies with overweight women been made, is that wrong or doesnt it happen in real life ........whats wrong with it

because those movies would become like documentaries,and not everyone would watch the movies..movies are made for money,and the producers would only cater to the audiences preferences,and its a fact that not everyone want to watch documentaries

u can pick out just 3 movies that have been so see thats what i am talking about , thats why good movies in bollwood with good author backed roles are not being made and its a sad state.

No,there were more......RDB,Fanaa,Krrish(it was a decent movie,not masterpiece,but was good nevertheless),Omkara(even here bipasha had to dance,and she was toned),TAxi 9211,GAngster(Kangana is brilliant..and added to that is her figure...KAngana was choses because of her beauty,but she has roven to be one hell of an actress...Who would have taken kangana in WOh LAmhe and gangster had she looked fat or overweigght...and thus we would have lost a genuinely good actress),woh lamhe,Lage raho Munna bhai,Phir hera pheri,corporate(again Bips was thin...Madhur didnt go for a fat looking female to play the role of nishi),khosla ka ghosla,The upcomming Umrao Jaan,Guru(bth promising to be good movies)Baabul...see,these all are good movies,with good scripts,and all have top bollywood actors,who are also great lookers😃

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago

Word Count: 1

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: soap_fan

..i think people who call others fat are fat themselves. 😆 😆 😆 ....

and I think the ones who say that its ok to be overweight are the ones who are overweight themselves,thus they need to feel good about themselves,thus keep howling and screeching that fat people shouldnt be called fat...More empthy being seen in these cases😛...😆...Just applying your reverse psychology

Basically,we normal people can look fat/ugly/gawky...no one cares,and no one should be talkign abotu OUR appearance,as no one is entitled to..But stars POSE themselves for judgment,byu entering the entertainment field..they are there to entertain us,and when we're paying money for the entertainment,i think we have all rights to discuss about how well they entertain us,about their acting,clothes,looks,weight,histrionics etc....

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
breathing_irony thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OK I was jsut goign thru the whole thread and tobe hoenst, i find it rather awkawrd to talk abt being fat in this thread coz I was really over-weight once upon a time.....n no matter wht ppl said or in wht context it does hurt a lot when ppl call u fat. as some1 who's been there, I would realyl call thisa huge personal attack.....

Sorry I took thsi thread a bit personally.....

As for b'wood I suppose a combination of good looks n acting prowess n luck matters the most.... 😛
Edited by breathing_irony - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: breathing_irony

OK I was jsut goign thru the whole thread and tobe hoenst, i find it rather awkawrd to talk abt being fat in this thread coz I was really over-weight once upon a time.....n no matter wht ppl said or in wht context it does hurt a lot when ppl call u fat. as some1 who's been there, I would realyl call thisa huge personal attack.....

actually,Even I'm not skinny ot "thin"( as per bolywood standards)..I wuld fall in the not so thin category,but then I'm not an actress,and thus no one should be talking about my looks,as i havent posed myself for judgment

Basically,we normal people can look fat/ugly/gawky...no one cares,and no one should be talking about OUR appearance,as no one is entitled to😛..But stars POSE themselves for judgment,by entering the entertainment field..they are there to entertain us,and when we're paying money for the entertainment,i think we have all rights to discuss about how well they entertain us,about their acting,clothes,looks,weight,histrionics etc......Like,I wouldnt care if my neighbour is overweight,but when I find a celebrity overweight,I would comment..because,these people are stars because they are supposed to be better than normal human beings...if they look just mediocre,one would comment,only because they themselves have entered the field,knowing fully well that looks and appearance do matter too

HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

anusha..i think you have put down Mona in everyway possible...she is fat, doesnt dance good, etc etc...and you scream and start fighting if one word is said against shveta....i am just pointing it to you..thatt's it...i have no problems with you...s please dont attack me.

Edited by soap_fan - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: soap_fan

Anusha yes i did say in my thread..that i am over weight..and that's why i dont understand why it is a big deal to be over weight...you still too young..wait you get older..you will see what i am trying to say..anyways...i dont mind people callinf me fat..because i am...and i am able to deal with it.

no,please,I didnt try to insult you or offwend you

Look,I'm too not skinny😆....I'm 18,yet I fall in the "not so thin" category..but that doesnt make me say that actresses should be fat...because,in that industry,looks matter....I dont want actresses to loo like normal people,because in that case,everyone can be out there....they should be better than mere normal humans...Because,their profession demands that😊

ALl what I yank about weight applies to actors and actresses only😛,as when they rake in moolah for their looks too,they truly need to be good....but whatever,being toned is always healthy than being overweight...thus from looks point of vieew,as well as health point of view,Its good not to be overweight