Season 5 episode 6 - Privilege

SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

A packed episode..and a considerably balanced one..it had something for all the major characters.. to the extent that they couldn't even fit in how Harvey won the case..that wasnt the focus

Donna does something other than guide Loius...Donna Mike interaction brought Donna almost like she used to be..resourceful and sneaky..and finally Donna and Gretechen met..Gretchen is a good addition to the show

Mike and Loius were good too..Louis with some effort giving up on petty feelings..but soloff couldnt stop himself from pulling one over..So Soloff is Hardman's man in Pearson Specter Litt..atleast it makes sense why he was on Harvey and Jessicas case and acting the way he was 

now the main part..Harvey was wrong in bringing in Dr Asgard's story but he did it to save his client which is something she understood at the end.but at the end of it all arvey is finally ready to open about his mother..they are increasing the tempo with regards to harveys issues slowly...he seems to be reaching the edge and will end in freefall..and thats going to affect everyone at PSL..probably by last episode for the suumer part of the season..
add to that Soloff and by proxy Hardman...they are going to have a hard time

Mike-Rachael are planning their wedding..seems too soon

Harvey didnt think much of Rachael knowing about the panic attacks ..maybe he was to wound up to be bothered or he truly understands Mikes need to share it with  Rachael

episode 7 promo: hardman is back and Harvey punches Loius..Harvey is losing control fast //esp if the word cheating is involved...cant go about punching everyone no matter how much one feels like it 

Edited by SoreThumb - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I absolutely loved the Mike-Donna interaction.  It reminded me of the good old days I guess.  I always loved Harvey-Donna-Mike working together.
Now I'm just waiting for Harvey and Donna to have a real conversation; I feel like that will happen near the end of this season as well.

And obviously there is a crescendo with this whole issue of Harvey being restricted from real relationships due to his mother.
I have my own theory on this, but that's not important.  What's important is that we are seeing him acknowledge his issues, explaining why he said he's ready to talk about it.

And I totally agree with your last line.  I feel like someone from his past could step in.  Only one I can think of is his brother, (Marcus is it?)

Pretty exciting though!  I hate these one week waiting periods, but they're definitely worth it!
Edited by basket_101 - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
episode was quite enjoyable .. I loved how Mike & Louis teamed up .. I actually always liked these two working together, just didn't love it as much as I love Harvey-Mike bromance and it was missing, again. 

Thank God we see the old Donna in this episode .. if no Harvey-Donna scene at least we got 2 Donna-Mike scene and needless to say they were sheer fun. So, now Donna is the best wedding planner in the corner!! 

Jack Solloff working for/with Harman from the beginning or he just found a new friend?? Didn't get it but Hardman is coming back. Harvey must brace himself and get ready for facing some challenges, but it seems he is making things difficult for him. Punching Louis really?? This will only lead him to further trouble. 

About his bringing Agard's secret in the deposition wasn't cool but he was doing his duty, trying to save his client .. so don't blame him here. 

Special mention - I just can't but comment over Donna's dress .. the one she wore while intimidating that couple .. I LOVED it .. and I love how her red hair complements her dress most of the time. 
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I watched the episode and it was a mixture of good and bad.
Good things:
> Harvey giving it back to the therapistπŸ˜†πŸ˜†  yeap I liked it. Obviously the character is irksome
>Mike and Louis, are like elder brother and kid brotherπŸ˜† Mike is the elder one!
>Jessica threatening Soloff was good. The guy needs to be a team member of firm and not competitor.
>Rachel and Harvey are nice team
>Gretchen is good, someone giving back to Donna!
>Louis trying to rise above pettinessπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Bad things:
> Louis and Mike falling into the trap set by Soloff, haven't they learnt their lesson
>Donna's role reduced to a filler now, guiding Louis and wedding planner for Mike-Rachel? is this called moving on or thinking for self?πŸ˜• I so miss old Donna😭
>Jessica's role is also reduced I miss Jessica-Harvey interactions

Other things
>Was Sam Tull shown earlier? I don't recollect. 
>Dominique is a recurring character, I think. He is good
> It seems that Mike-Rachel will break up, all this wedding thing is bad omen. 
> Harvey's mother story, I am not interested. This panic attack thing is way too exaggerated for me. It goes against the fundamental characterization of Harvey.

Thanks for the preview for next episode.  Hardman is back in the firm or show? How can he keep coming and getting thrown out?πŸ˜† Harvey punching Louis? what did Litt do now? Probably something related to his mother or Donna. 

Edited by realitybites - 8 years ago
blacklambo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by the episode.  The starting scene of a pensive & contemplative Harvey mulling over his session foreshadowed that sooner or later he would end up at Dr. Agard's, ready to move forward.  But not before a few twists & turns on the way, with Sam Tull's case & the complications it brought in the form of Dr. Agard's involvement.  Harvey could not help but imagine himself in the same situation as Sam Tull, where all his discussions with Dr. Agard could potentially be laid out in the open.  Once, he was reassured or he was willing to risk the outcome (not sure which ATM), he was ready to talk about his mother at the end.  Now the question is, is he finally moving forward without somehow reaching for Donna subconsciously considering she has always been present in his imagination or dream so far?

Gretchen has Donna's seal of approval.  Donna said the same words that Harvey said to Gretchen - "You are all right, Gretchen".  Gretchen fits right in coz she can quote like the rest & has eased into a familiarity with Harvey.  Donna did something else beside guiding Louis, no matter how outlandish but keeping in mind that she has pulled off stunts before too.

Louis & Mike working together for Mckernon Motors was a walk down memory lane.  It showed that Louis is capable of putting his pettiness aside & brought to fore the reason for Soloff's arrogance, the return of Daniel Hardman.  Soloff's throwing caution to the winds, his high handed behavior & talk back makes sense now.  This also begs the question, what exactly has Hardman promised Soloff  in return?  I think Jessica making Mike work on a case with Soloff in the next episode is part of her bigger plan.

Rachel is showing more of a backbone this season.  I liked her scene with Harvey by the elevators, which made Harvey go back to Dr. Agard to make one more attempt to save Sam Tull.  Also, full points to her for not telling Jessica about Harvey's panic attacks.

@realitybites - who is Dominique?  Did u mean Daniel Hardman?
I don't recollect Sam Tull from an earlier episode...if someone knows, would appreciate knowing too.
LL-Harvey fight could be over Esther. Harvey had promised not to sleep with his sister & in exchange LL had promised to stay out of Esther's case & a granting a wish that was left open-ended πŸ˜†.  Either way, some steps forward & some steps back.  Jessica will probably intervene again to make them patch up to ward off DH/JS πŸ˜‰

@basket_101 - would like to hear ur theory.  Different viewpoints is what makes the discussions interesting.

Edited by blacklambo - 8 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blacklambo

Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by the episode.  The starting scene of a pensive & contemplative Harvey mulling over his session foreshadowed that sooner or later he would end up at Dr. Agard's, ready to move forward.  But not before a few twists & turns on the way, with Sam Tull's case & the complications it brought in the form of Dr. Agard's involvement.  Harvey could not help but imagine himself in the same situation as Sam Tull, where all his discussions with Dr. Agard could potentially be laid out in the open.  Once, he was reassured or he was willing to risk the outcome (not sure which ATM), he was ready to talk about his mother at the end.  Now the question is, is he finally moving forward without somehow reaching for Donna subconsciously considering she has always been present in his imagination or dream so far?

Gretchen has Donna's seal of approval.  Donna said the same words that Harvey said to Gretchen - "You are all right, Gretchen".  Gretchen fits right in coz she can quote like the rest & has eased into a familiarity with Harvey.  Donna did something else beside guiding Louis, no matter how outlandish but keeping in mind that she has pulled off stunts before too.

Louis & Mike working together for Mckernon Motors was a walk down memory lane.  It showed that Louis is capable of putting his pettiness aside & brought to fore the reason for Soloff's arrogance, the return of Daniel Hardman.  Soloff's throwing caution to the winds, his high handed behavior & talk back makes sense now.  This also begs the question, what exactly has Hardman promised Soloff  in return?  I think Jessica making Mike work on a case with Soloff in the next episode is part of her bigger plan.

Rachel is showing more of a backbone this season.  I liked her scene with Harvey by the elevators, which made Harvey go back to Dr. Agard to make one more attempt to save Sam Tull.  Also, full points to her for not telling Jessica about Harvey's panic attacks.

@realitybites - who is Dominique?  Did u mean Daniel Hardman?
I don't recollect Sam Tull from an earlier episode...if someone knows, would appreciate knowing too.
LL-Harvey fight could be over Esther. Harvey had promised not to sleep with his sister & in exchange LL had promised to stay out of Esther's case & a granting a wish that was left open-ended πŸ˜†.  Either way, some steps forward & some steps back.  Jessica will probably intervene again to make them patch up to ward off DH/JS πŸ˜‰

@basket_101 - would like to hear ur theory.  Different viewpoints is what makes the discussions interesting.

I think realitybites meant Dominique barone..the Mckernon Motors fellow in the episode who was in season 1 too

blacklambo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoreThumb

I think realitybites meant Dominique barone..the Mckernon Motors fellow in the episode who was in season 1 too

Thx for the clarification πŸ˜ƒ  remember him.
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
 blacklambo> Harvey and Esther will look good and Louis's drama would be worth watching.πŸ˜† . Actually it was for the duration of case that Harvey would not sleep with Esther. Once she stops being his client, he can.πŸ˜‰
Thanks SoreThumb, I meant the McKernon guy only. 

Soloff looks pretty mean and suits the role. His expression after Jessica threatens to fire him was damn good.