Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I think the problem with Sanam is that she takes whatever is being said about her to heart. Pick up any of her contemporary actress' answer to the question, who's your fav actress... and most answer, Sanam S because of the kinds of roles she does. I think when Sanam is choosing a role, she has this playing somewhere in the back of her mind. So now she has stuck to roles that are unconventional just so she could stay true to her image. She might feel doing any other kind of role may make others think she is a sell out. That's what I think is going on with her. I personally dont think it's a smart move though.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Phantom-

I think the problem with Sanam is that she takes whatever is being said about her to heart. Pick up any of her contemporary actress' answer to the question, who's your fav actress... and most answer, Sanam S because of the kinds of roles she does. I think when Sanam is choosing a role, she has this playing somewhere in the back of her mind. So now she has stuck to roles that are unconventional just so she could stay true to her image. She might feel doing any other kind of role may make others think she is a sell out. That's what I think is going on with her. I personally dont think it's a smart move though.

bold i did not think in that angle but what u r saying definitely makes sense..it could be a reason
664269 thumbnail
@Munira di - mahira has done shehrezaat after Humsafar .. And it was also an UA show .. Mahira reaching to the level of unparalleled stardom is more because she has done less shows and all central roles which always kept her in focus.. She's just like Fawad IMO as both loves playing lazy, safe but hits the right nail when they touch something ..

On topic, I used to watch DED initially for Arjumand and Suhaib and honestly I started it for sanam but ended up liking the other pair and later eventually left the show. I think sanam just needs a break and choose a leading role which isn't regressive but something that's can be easily related too .. Her caliber is too high to get wasted in shows she's doing ...

Lastly my 2scents about ZGH, this show is iconic and obviously fawad plays a vital role in making the show and characters remembered ones.. Hardly a show gets all it's department have so much perfection, ZGH was one of it's kind ..
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Abhi to fighting shuru hui hai [:D/]
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think it is not her fault, TV has been going through a bad phase, an actor can only choose from what they are being offered.
I don't see that much experimentation on tv, makers are playing safe and offering similar role to actors
grey23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Abhi to fighting shuru hui hai [:D/]

⭐️😈

Word Count: 1

grey23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

I think it is not her fault, TV has been going through a bad phase, an actor can only choose from what they are being offered.

I don't see that much experimentation on tv, makers are playing safe and offering similar role to actors

ya may be
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

DeD is a novel adaptation by Farhat with a huge starcast..reputable director and on Humtv. This was supposed to be the biggest show of the year. Sanam has been lucky enough to get some big projects when others have not but they're not working.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

DeD is a novel adaptation by Farhat with a huge starcast..reputable director and on Humtv. This was supposed to be the biggest show of the year. Sanam has been lucky enough to get some big projects when others have not but they're not working.

The first half of DeD was a disappointment, I felt something was off with Meekal and Sanam however now she is doing OK
Not to forget the main story is of Wali And Fara
Mah e meer looks exciting and that upcoming film with Mohib too
I am not even her fan but generally feeling all actors are getting type cast ...Wish to see more experimentation
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sanam Saeed's performance in DeD is not getting noticed as you'd think it would. The reason why I'm mentioning DeD is because it's a huge show. Ali and Mikaal got the most praises from DeD and now that they're gone the viewership is also decreasing. Sanam is not getting her share of praises ...yet some others have in the very same show. I disagree with the notion that Ruhi was a risky character because it's negative and people may not like that. You have some really popular negative performances out there that were hugely appreciated in even low budget projects. Someone like Saba Qamar was the soul of Maat and today if someone remembers Maat they usually remember Saba for her performance. Ruhi isn't even an out and out negative portrayal to begin with. It's more of a grayish character. And as I was watching DeD earlier, I honestly don't think her performance has been anything to write home about from what I've seen. Shukk was as typical of a show as you'd find..it was also a huge hit yet Sanam's performance went unnoticed..even though the show itself was popular. So it's not like she hasn't tried something different than what she usually takes up.
What I'm getting at is that I feel Sanam needs to reinvent herself in tv shows in certain ways. Experimentation is something what Saba does. A lot of the roles Sanam gets have similar character traits..and in the process it makes her roles seem more similar than different. And she enacts them in similar ways because their traits are similar...that further ends up making some of portrayals monotonous lately What I see in DeD is nothing I haven't seen Sanam do as an actor. The only good thing is that she's not afraid to play a mother to another actor who's only a few yrs younger.

This is just my opinion btw..feel free to disagree.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago