Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Not all...but Sanam's recent choices have been confounding. Why is she choosing to play side roles to lesser known actors in shows or films? And its not as if her own roles were path breaking or strong parallel leads or supporting roles. She is an Alister and talented to boot...I am sure she gets good roles. But her method for choosing her roles...I dont get it.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
What are u guys talking about ...Sanam saeed has so many good shows
It's been last yr that she got married and her firaaq flopped and that's why everyone is behaving as if she was never there

And there is nothing wrong in doing supporting pivotal roles like roohi in ded

There is no point in doing kashaf roles or plain vanilla lead roles all the. Time

No other actress has such a versatile body of work in just 5 yrs the way Sanam has

What more sonu guys want

Two shows a yr is more than Enuf

And she did good lead shows even before zgh and after it

People will remember rooi more than firaaqs lead role ... So there is nothing wrong in doing supporting or negative roles

Actresses vanish after wedding

But we r still watching her in ded

And she has also signed another project based on a novel which she will start shooting asap

What more do u want from her

And she is just not about zgh

SHUKK was a huge huge blockbuster too

U don't like it coz u hated her there but unlike u there r many fans who LUVED ehtesham and saniya in SHUKK and it used to get very high trps

Only firaaq was flop then she again came bk with ded

So basically she was never put of picture
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No I disagree.I m not expecting that she will get roles like kashaf always because those kinds of dramas happen once.but neither pre or post zgh she got roles what she deserve..m not saying she should do lead roles only but neither her lead roles nor supporting roles r the ones which we can say after watching that look apart from her no one else could play this role..or we can say that this drama or character will always be our fav..
And u think ruhi's character is perfect for her??any xyz actress can play that role and I hate it that she choose to play the role..

another drama that she did with meekal,(so ordinary that I forgot the name),firaaq,kadurat didn't even attracted me to watch them..and shukk two women after one man what is so meaty in this role? It may got good trps (even dusri biwi had good trp) but there was nothing extraordinary in this role.I m not saying she is out of sight but what she chooses to play r really frustrating..

I m not bashing her...I love her..who can dislike this actress after watching zgh?!! I m saying that her talent is being wasted..either because she is not good at choosing proper scripts or the producers r not giving her enough opportunity.. That is why she could not reach where mahira is today after humsafar despite being better actress than mahira
Edited by grey23 - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think people are getting confused here. Sanam IS getting big projects. The problem is that they're not working and her performances aren't as memorable as people expect them to be especially since Sanam Saeed did a Kashaf/ZGH which will ALWAYS be difficult to beat for a lot of reasons.

Sanam's shows post ZGH -

- Firaaq (huge show with an ensemble cast shot in Florida..Humtv expected this to be big but it flopped).
- Shukk (huge show...one of ARY's highest rated shows last year but the content was arguably not substantial).
Diyar e Dil (huge cast, huge show, big budget..big director, novel adaptation..what more do you need? - the show isn't just working in her favor. Most people don't watch the show for Sanam..but for Maya-Osman/Farah-Wali).
- Ek Kasak Reh Gayi (she did this show with Mikaal but it flopped).
- Kadurat (this was another big show..Sanam did this RIGHT after ZGH. She had good intent when choosing this role but it just didn't work out).

Her upcoming films also seem promising. The problem is that none of her work is standing out as much as people want it to. The benchmark is Kashaf..and like I said, that is something that Sanam will have a hard time beating. Also, I think Sanam's getting typecasted...and she needs to try her best to not let that happen.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I think people are getting confused here. Sanam IS getting big projects. The problem is that they're not working and her performances aren't as memorable as people expect them to be especially since Sanam Saeed did a Kashaf/ZGH which will ALWAYS be difficult to beat for a lot of reasons.

Sanam's shows post ZGH -

- Firaaq (huge show with an ensemble cast shot in Florida..Humtv expected this to be big but it flopped).
- Shukk (huge show...one of ARY's highest rated shows last year but the content was arguably not substantial).
Diyar e Dil (huge cast, huge show, big budget..big director, novel adaptation..what more do you need? - the show isn't just working in her favor. Most people don't watch the show for Sanam..but for Maya-Osman/Farah-Wali).
- Ek Kasak Reh Gayi (she did this show with Mikaal but it flopped).
- Kadurat (this was another big show..Sanam did this RIGHT after ZGH. She had good intent when choosing this role but it just didn't work out).

Her upcoming films also seem promising. The problem is that none of her work is standing out as much as people want it to. The benchmark is Kashaf..and like I said, that is something that Sanam will have a hard time beating. Also, I think Sanam's getting typecasted...and she needs to try her best to not let that happen.

THANK U THANK U THANK U FOR SUCH A KICKASS REPLY WITH STATISTICS

PEOPLE REALLY FORGET TOO EASILY
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

No I disagree.I m not expecting that she will get roles like kashaf always because those kinds of dramas happen once.but neither pre or post zgh she got roles what she deserve..m not saying she should do lead roles only but neither her lead roles nor supporting roles r the ones which we can say after watching that look apart from her no one else could play this role..or we can say that this drama or character will always be our fav..

And u think ruhi's character is perfect for her??any xyz actress can play that role and I hate it that she choose to play the role..

another drama that she did with meekal,(so ordinary that I forgot the name),firaaq,kadurat didn't even attracted me to watch them..and shukk two women after one man what is so meaty in this role? It may got good trps (even dusri biwi had good trp) but there was nothing extraordinary in this role.I m not saying she is out of sight but what she chooses to play r really frustrating..

I m not bashing her...I love her..who can dislike this actress after watching zgh?!! I m saying that her talent is being wasted..either because she is not good at choosing proper scripts or the producers r not giving her enough opportunity.. That is why she could not reach where mahira is today after humsafar despite being better actress than mahira

I get what you're saying though. (Didn't get a chance to reply to this post earlier)...but if you were to get a glimpse of projects like DeD, or Shukk...or Firaaq before they released...you'd think they're huge shows (which they are) and would really work for Sanam. The problem is that they haven't...why haven't they? Those are arguable reasons.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

IMO Sanam is too experimental and I tends to chose challenging roles, and some of them unfortunately are in fact disappointing and though she does them well, but the dramas themselves turn out to be major let downs.

Also most of her dramas start well like Kadurat and Firaaq but somehow midway they lose the plot literally.

Firaaq is a drama that definitely changed plot mid-way drastically. As the drama progressed there was supposed to be a gradually transformation of Sanam's character Payman and in fact the promos had 3 looks of Sanam and Sanam never went beyond the second look. Also Sanam did mention in an IV that the story was changed midway and guess as an actor she can't do much abt it. But in fact the drama was pretty gripping till midway and Paymaan too was an interesting character, but then they messed it up.

Ek kasak Reh Gayi has totally baffled me and it seems Sanam and the entire team simply sleep walked through that drama.

I really liked Shukk and it was a hit too I suppose and Sanam played the mazloom aurat/ abla naari some what and I mostly liked her character.

Kadurat I suppose she took it up as a challenge and yup the drama was a disappointment, but Sanam as Minah was well liked and I wld rate Minah as one of my fav characters of Sanam.

About her tele-films too I suppose she either takes it up coz of doing something totally different like playing twins and dat too one a guy as in KCNSJ or again playing a vamp in Dil Mera Dhadkan Teri. In Tamanna Ki Tamanna she hardly had any role and again another baffling role she took.

Finally coming to DeD I am have totally mixed reactions abt her role as Ruhi. I sometimes feel it is too much of a risk on her part to play a mother of the female lead and that too negative to the boot. Not only is her character negative, but emotionally soo weak and pathetic and pitiable too and u can't help but hate her. But then this also makes me admire her and it just shows her self-belief and her confidence in herself to take such a hateful character and not be bothered by the image. She knows very well that it will be hated and she too said that she hated Roohi, but there were layers to her character and she took it up.

I have only mentioned her roles post-ZGH.

khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

Kashaf was a dream role that any actor would have be immensely privileged to have done. Not only was the character a strong, amazing one,on whom the story revolved, but was a popular one too and then of course the cherry on the top was the romance angle with Zaroon played by none other than the Fawad Khan. Sanam portrayed Kashaf brilliantly and it was a complex character and all credit to UA for penning such a character and Sanam for doing full justice to it.

But I feel that having portrayed such an iconic character as Kashaf so perfectly ended up being a disadvantage of sorts as well, as I have seen many ppl refuse to look Sanam beyond Kashaf. I had even asked her dis Q as to what was the disadvantage of playing an iconinc character as Kashaf.

And I suppose u haven't watched Talkhiyan hence u are saying she hasn't got a deserving role like Kashaf pre or post ZGH?? Thalkhiyan is at par and for many even better than ZGH and Sanam's character Bibi more challenging and complex than Kasahf and she was simply outstanding as Bibi. Also many rate her Bibi before Kashaf. The only thing that Talkhiyan lacked was exposure and popularity and the story wasn't a populist one.

Coming to Ruhi, as I said she took it up as a challenge and I don't know abt any otehr actors cld hv easily played Ruhi, but Sanam is doing a very fine job and yes even I am hating Ruhi, but as I said it's admirable tht Sanam goes beyond her comfort zone to try out new characters.

Abt Sanam not reaching where MK has reached today, I think it's all abt priorities. Sanam didn't play it safe and guess some of her risks didn't pay off, but as she herself said in Tonite with HSY she has her own league and others have their own league.

Edit: BTW after Humsafar I suppose MK has just done Sadqay Tumhare drama which was a hit but also recieved a lot of flak? She has a couple of movies in pakistan and Raees. Sanam too has a couple of movies - Mah-e-Meer her role looks good, though she isn't d lead and the other movie Bachana is an independent rom-com movie, so don't know how well it will be publicized. And den her new one with Mehreen Jabbar. So she's actually doing pretty well and I guess after ZGH was aired in India, her popularity is at its peak.

Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Also most ppl tend to forget that Sanam has done a lot of theater post ZGH too and her plays have been hits. Both Dhani and Grease were well received and were big hits and apart from these 2 she has done a few more plays too.
As I said I guess Sanam's criteria is just different, but since ppl tend to judge on set parameters, for many it seems that she hasn't been very successful.

Edit:

Here's info abt the theatre she has done post ZGH:

Sanam acted in the Made for Stage production theater play Carnage' in 2012.

In 2013 Sanam for the first time performed in an Urdu theater play Dhaani' which also starred Sarwat Gilani. She also performed in another Urdu play titled Khel ek Raat ka' in 2013. It was a post-modern play based on real and unreal situations around us. Sanam portrayed one of the two nameless character who share moments of nostalgia and anger in the mind games they play on each other.

In 2014 Sanam once more took to stage with another Made for Stage production Grease', where she came up with another commanding and praise worthy portrayal as Rizzo.

Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago