FINALLY WATCHED KHOOBSURAT

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago
I know I m late but I watched KHOOBSURAAT TODAY...and Omggg it was so cute and funny...I can't believe...Zee cinema finally showed it in HD and I recorded and then watched and I must say it was very well made...the promos didn't impress me much neither the songs hence I thought it to b a faltu senseless comedy movie but it was so nice and cute...I LUVED sonam Fawad and to my utter surprise he doesn't look ugly in the movie at all yeah skinny at times but he looks good...and I LUVED his chemistry with sonam...the movie turned out to b so Mich better fun light hearted with a bit of romance here and there and this is sonam kapoors one of the best performances...I jus LUVED her as Dr Mili...she defo stole the show for me...

I didn't watch it till now as I used to fear watching khoobsuraat as I Cudnt afford watching an ugly Fawad Khan in a senseless comedy movie...as I hv such high expectations from him as I watched a few of his epic pak shows where he looks a million dollar bucks and acts so. Well n those shows had such AMAZING scripts...seeing khoobsuraat promos I used to think oh god why is he so skinny ugly and why does the movie look so senseles..at least that was my perspective from the promos and I also used to think sonam will hog all the limelight he will just be a side kick but I m so surprised to see how beautiful the screenplay and dialogues were and the supporting cast was also good...I liked each and every character

I was disappointed after watching creature coz Imran Abbas had nothing to do and he also looks bad except for the mohabbat barsa Dena tu song where he looked super hot and hence I used to think khoobsuraat will also be a debacle like creature but thankfully it wasnt

It did better than creature though...it wasnt super flop...it earned 35cr which is average whereas super flop .movies earn around 20 to 25 cr...above 30 cr is considered average...So it did average given it was a low budget movie

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i cnat believe yo did not watch it till now.
I too like the chemistry between them. Fawad can not look ugly ... He is too good looking to look bad. He does look too skinny for sure. His cheeks look sunken which makes him look a bit weathered. It s a light movie.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

i cnat believe yo did not watch it till now.
I too like the chemistry between them. Fawad can not look ugly ... He is too good looking to look bad. He does look too skinny for sure. His cheeks look sunken which makes him look a bit weathered. It s a light movie.

After creature 3d i was so heart broken i cudnt mk myself see another disaster

But thank god the film turned out to b much better than i expected

Story was simple

But execution dialogues acting and the royal background scene of rajasthan gave the film a whole new touch and very likable
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Abby ks is my favorite movie. I loved vikku n mili bonding. Sonam actually acted well. Movie us is totally fun loving n for die hard romantics. Prince vikram haye
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Can you imagine I watched it in cinema 😆

Okay.. the movie wasn't bad. Infact, I had a smile throughout. Sonam wasn't as irritating as she usually is. Kirron Kher despite playing a loud punjabi mother for 124562341th time was still funny. The movie got a little boring in later portions but nevertheless I had a good time watching it. But its a type of movie you'll watch again and again.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Can you imagine I watched it in cinema 😆

Okay.. the movie wasn't bad. Infact, I had a smile throughout. Sonam wasn't as irritating as she usually is. Kirron Kher despite playing a loud punjabi mother for 124562341th time was still funny. The movie got a little boring in later portions but nevertheless I had a good time watching it. But its a type of movie you'll watch again and again.

What's there to not believe

I m so jealous U got to watch Fawad sonam on the big screen

And I m so happy u gave an honest review

Thus is exactly what I felt
ana56 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh my god u also didn't watch khubsoorat till now I m glad that there is someone like me there lol
I also didn't watch khubsurat bcoz to me it looked like the main role is of sonam s and fawad is there like a show piece and I couldn't afford to watch fawad in a useless role
But thank God u liked the movie now I will watch it definately kal pakka dekhongi

But on one point I disagree with u
Fawad looking ugly????
Come on yaar Fawad is too handsome to look ugly he can only look hot n handsome
Edited by ana56 - 9 years ago
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My mum and I watched the first half of Khoobsurat the other day, and really didn't like it.

It seemed kind of disjointed to me, like the scenes were episodic. Sonam Kapoor, good lord, I have loved this girls fashion sense since her debut but she can't act for anything. It was pretty cringe worthy.

Fawad was good in the very little screen time he had in the first half.

I thought it was a very average film trying hard to replicate the aura of films like The Princess Diaries, or even Pretty Woman. You know that entire, rough around the edges girl with a heart of gold grappling with an aristocratic/upper class environment she's suddenly been pulled into for some reason or the other, and in the process changing the out look of the people who already inhabited that world.

It was a good effort but fell short in my opinion.

May be my opinion will change when I get around to finishing the second half...
Edited by Amara_B - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amara_B

My mum and I watched the first half of Khoobsurat the other day, and really didn't like it.

It seemed kind of disjointed to me, like the scenes were episodic. Sonam Kapoor, good lord, I have loved this girls fashion sense since her debut but she can't act for anything. It was pretty cringe worthy.

Fawad was good in the very little screen time he had in the first half.

I thought it was a very average film trying hard to replicate the aura of films like The Princess Diaries, or even Pretty Woman. You know that entire, rough around the edges girl with a heart of gold grappling with an aristocratic/upper class environment she's suddenly beenpulled into for some reason or the other, and in the process changing the out look of the people who already inhabited that world.

It wasa good effort but fell short in my opinion.

May be my opinion will change when I get around to finishing the second half...

I didnt find anything cringe worthy in sonams acting

On the contrary she pulled off the Ott character quite well

And fawad had quite a lot of screen space in both the first and second half given it was just a 1.5 hr film altogether

Not only fawad all other characters too got their fair share of screen space to my surprise

And it didnt look like a rip off of any hollywood chick flick

It wasnt even like the original khoobsurat which starred rekha

Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I didnt find anything cringe worthy in sonams acting

On the contrary she pulled off the Ott character quite well

And fawad had quite a lot of screen space in both the first and second half given it was just a 1.5 hr film altogether

Not only fawad all other characters too got their fair share of screen space to my surprise

And it didnt look like a rip off of any hollywood chick flick

It wasnt even like the original khoobsurat which starred rekha

I didn't say it's a rip off, I said it tried hard to replicate the aura of that genre of film (average girl suddenly finds herself in an upper-class world and changes the uptight attitude of its people) and fell short.

Fawad didn't have a lot of screen time until the end of the first half of the film. That's not a criticism, it just is what it is. In the scenes he was in he was good.

Sonam, we'll have to agree to disagree. I just don't buy into her as an actress at all. The rest of the cast was good though.

It seemed like an adaptation of the original Khoobsurat (the skeletal framework of the original film is there) rather than a remake which is probably what they were aiming for. The Disney spin gave it an individual feel.

Edited by Amara_B - 9 years ago