Breaking News: SRK To Remake RAJESH KHANNA'S Ittefaq

Thrasher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Remakes are the flavour of the season. Rajesh Khanna's iconic Ittefaq just got added to the long list. 9xe.com has it that the Yash Chopra-directed thriller, which had Khanna playing a painter accused of murdering his wife, will be produced by Shah Rukh Khan.

A source told us that SRK's production company Red Chillies Entertainment had been toying with the idea of remaking the film since quite some time but it was only last week that a plan was put in place. "Now the casting process will begin. However, it is unlikely that SRK will reprise the role of Kakaji (as Khanna was fondly called)."

(Late) Ravi Chopra's son Abhay intended to helm the project earlier for BR Films, but now it seems that a new director will take charge. The Ittefaq remake will go on floors later this year. A major hit, Ittefaq also featured Nanda and Bindu in pivotal roles and went on to knock several Filmfare awards, including a Best Director Award for Yash Chopra. Interestingly, (late) Yash Chopra's last film, Jab Tak Hain Jaan, had him team up with SRK, with whom he shared a very affable relationship.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Why can't they go for a fresh plot rather than opting for remakes?! Anyways I like the idea of the plot although I've no idea about this Rajesh Khanna movie
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why cant Srk give a role to PC? Laal mirchi makes so many movies ek mein to lelo PC ko. yeh kaisa pyar hai King ka queen ke liye he is a heartless man.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Honestly I'm not a big fan of remakes. Sometimes it's nice that you are remember an iconic film after many years. But I don't get the point of remakes. Leave the original film on its own because nothing can compare. I know sometimes you want to see how it works with an actor of the current generation, but then unnecessary comparisons are made and everything gets ugly. Give a tribute if you want, but don't copy a script and tag it as a 'remake.'
fitoori_kudi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
today only i heard srk is planning for Deewane remake to launch Aryan😕
923901 thumbnail
What's with him being associated with old classic remakes?
Don, Hum, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, now this...

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is one of my favorite movie, please don't touch it!!
(Im gonna pray it falls apart like the Padosan remake that was suppose to be w/Katrina)

Everything was so perfect in the original, those who haven't seen it yet I def. recommend it. It was an great suspense movie, well directed and the performance from both Nanda and Rajesh Khanna was amazing.
ekaankhmaroon thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
loved ittefaq - a rare Hindi film with no songs that still became a hit. And say what you will about Kaka - the man could act in his early years in Bollywood - it's only later that he became a ham sandwich.
wouldn't mind a remake - with the right cast this could be great.

while they are remaking 1970s film may I also suggest Buddha Mil Gaya - it's such a delightful comedy, it's just crying out for a remake.
1043801 thumbnail
Ittefaq e Ishq (with PC) ? 😛
Edited by Fiery.Phoenix. - 9 years ago
1047050 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhartiamber

Why cant Srk give a role to PC? Laal mirchi makes so many movies ek mein to lelo PC ko. yeh kaisa pyar hai King ka queen ke liye he is a heartless man.

Haan inn ki scorching chemistry ko dekhne ke liye tadap rahein hain log. 😆😆