Sharon rey marrige..
No ways

No no no no ...

I loved swaron here..

Rebound love is awesome..
CoffeeandInk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

PM-ing sucks. So it's no problem if you don't send those, I'll bookmark!

Also, the story is getting interesting with Rey in the picture now. I quite like him, so I hope he isn't the antagonist. 🤓

Also, I don't know how they've got this tension between them already. There was totally a part of me screaming for Sharon to act on her teenage impulses. 🥱

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter! 😆

Edited: As for title suggestions (if you'd like any), you could go with Everything and Nothing (because poetic) or Second First(s) or basically anything.

Personally, I like Mother of Coincidence xD

Edited by AzureLicht - 9 years ago
i_yatharthk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hey srst glad that you are back to writing...enjoying the story...very well wriyten as always...as you were asking for suggestions on names I have one...inspired by "mother of coincidence"
Its "conspiracy by fate"
You can obviously go with whatever you wish...
Stumbled on love is also good...this one is better I feel...
mythreyii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Okk now read both chaps well written ff
Use or precisely u have played nicely with the words
Coincidence of swarons meet was good
Loved d way u made it different by showing how dey wer not friends 4m college
Okay a second meet of swaron again by coincidence nice
Sharon and rey getting married no no and no
Update soon
--Ecstasy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sharey getting married, well now this is gonna be interesting to see how swaron love blossoms.

Update soon.

-Shivani
srstrulez thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect."
Criss Jami

Chapter 3

"Cheers to our new alliance," Mrs Raiprakash called over to the entire dinner table, her grin as bright as her diamond necklace dazzling under the fluorescent light. Alliance. Of course, mother, it's an alliance. Not a marriage.

"Stop pulling such a long face, Sharon. Smile," Rey hissed in her ear, looking back at Sharon's mom with that winning smile of his. Sunaina Raiprakash absolutely adored Rey. One reason could be she was extremely susceptible to flattery. The duration of four years while pursuing Law had brought a hell lot of changes in Sharon, made her more observant. Made her realise that her perception of her mother had changed as well. It had made her realise that her Mom's words were not set on stone. Sunaina Raiprakash was an egotistic, delusional woman. Sharon knew at a point, she had been so too, but that was behind her. Now, no matter how much she still loved her mom, it was shameful to say, but she couldn't stand her.

"Sharon, Rey, why don't you go for a walk, have some chat. You don't have to get bored sitting with us, old people," Mrs. Raiprakash told them with an exaggerated smile. Sharon resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Even though her Mom actually liked Rey, she couldn't manage a genuine smile for him. So much for courtesy, Mom.

"Old! Sunaina, look at you!" Rey exclaimed with a shocked expression. "You could pass for Sharon's sister." Too clich, Rey. Maybe the office is making you lose your charm. Sharon didn't even feel offended by that.

Her mother laughed her typical high pitched laughter throwing her head back. "Time to get some glasses, don't you think, Rey? Anyway, you both have barely spent any time together in the past few days. You're going to be married now! Go! Enjoy!"

Sharon smiled at Rey's parents, who returned back a soft one with kind eyes, as she got up and tugged at Rey's hand to follow her. They together stepped out of the flat, down the elevator and out on the road. There was a really nice playground attached to the building premise. Rey tugged Sharon to the swing and they sat down each on one of the seats.

"Our asses barely fit in these," Rey muttered, making Sharon snicker.

"This is meant for six year olds, Rey, not twenty-six year olds," she replied, chuckling.

As silence fell over them, Rey lightly cleared his throat. "Sharon?"

Sharon turned to look at him, his face barely visible in the light from streetlamp, but she could see the way his hair fell on his face and stood up at haphazard angles on the back of his head, making him look oh-so young. She couldn't believe that, probably, ten or twenty years down the line, this guy sitting on a swing would be running an empire.

Sharon smiled at the thought. "What, Rey?"

"Have you realised how quiet you have become?" he asked her.

Her smile fell; of course she knew. It was not very difficult to see that. Sharon looked down, "I know," she replied.

"I know it's difficult but don't you think it is high time you move on?"

"I am moving on, Rey," she replied with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "I have moved on. I have a proper job now, and I am working hard. Isn't that enough?"

"Have you really?" he shot back, raising his eyebrows in defiance as though challenging her to say yes. She couldn't; she could never lie to her best friend. "Sharon, I haven't seen you happy in the past four years. You were never this way. You were strong, happy..."

"The world. You wanted the world, Sharon," Swayam's voice came back to her. The way he looked at her, like she was this person made of titanium. Sharon closed her eyes, trying to get the thoughts out of her head.

"Sharon, are you listening to me?" Rey asked sharply.

"I am Rey," Sharon snapped back. "I just don't know what to say."

"So you agree." Sharon didn't reply. "I mean think about it. You agreed to marry me! The Sharon I knew in college would never have agreed. I mean I remember you telling me that even if I was the last person, you would never marry me," he chuckled, only half joking.

Sharon leaned her head against the chain of swing. "I guess you did turn out to be the last person, and I got too scared of being lonely," she muttered, hoping Rey either doesn't hear or doesn't reply to that. She was grateful when he actually didn't.

"Imagine Rey, if we had met when we were kids," she said, smiling with the imagination of the picture she had seen of Rey to be with her. "We would have had so much fun!"

Sharon gathered that Rey probably realised she didn't want to talk about herself so he went with it. "Yeah! We would have been the ultimate pranksters," he replied and Sharon could hear the smile in his voice.

"I had done some seriously nasty stuff as a kid," she chuckled wryly. "Once I had cut a girl's hair claiming that I could style it in the latest trend. It went horrible."

"Oh shit!" Rey exclaimed. "I had once cut a boy's eyebrow. Scissors got banned in our school after that!"

Both of them laughed at that, the swing wracking due to the force of their laughter. "Thank God, we weren't together as children," Sharon commented, "we would have wrecked the whole school."

"True," Rey agreed, bemused. When he looked back at her, his humour was gone though. "You know... I always loved you."

Sharon smiled back at him knowing exactly what he meant. They were soulmates, not the lovers soulmates but like friends soulmates. She had always been the one to look after whatever mess he created and he would always be her four am friend. He would always protect her from getting into trouble and she always supported him in whatever endeavours he did.

"Do you think we could anytime go beyond this relation we have?" Rey asked, uncertainty clear in his voice.

Sharon frowned, confused, "What do you mean?"

"I mean," he smirked, "you know..." Rey eyed her with raised eyebrows and nodded his head slowly once. Sharon shook her head, still confused. "When our parents ask for a grandchild..."

Sharon felt her face burning. "Oh God! Rey! You sleazy bas***d!" She practically shrieked getting up from her seat and launched herself on him, hitting him again and again.

"Hey!" he laughed, shielding himself from her blows. "Ju-Just saying! Just saying!"

Sharon gave up, still flustered. She leaned against the chains of Rey's seat. "I wonder..." she asked quietly, "what if you fall in real love after we get married? I mean with someone else. What if you want to leave me - "

"Hey!" Rey exclaimed making Sharon start in surprise. Rey got up from his seat and faced Sharon. Holding her shoulders, he said, "If not a lover, I'll assure you I can be a great husband. I would never... ever... think of cheating on you."

"But will that be called cheating. We both know we'll never feel about each other that way," Sharon replied. "I don't know if I'll be able to hold it against you if you did. I mean... I know you would never commit adultery," she added quickly, "but you could fall in love. You're free to do that," she repeated. Rey opened his mouth but Sharon quickly added, "If you want an out, I'll understand."

"Don't be stupid," Rey firmly replied. "If I were to fall in love, I would have by now."

"Well you have had a lot of girlfriends, and, god, I know what you have done with them," Sharon grimaced, "things I could have done without knowing."

"That was never love," he shot back, incredulous, "I thought I could like that girl but it never worked out. Maybe because it was never to work out...," he replied thoughtfully. "Maybe you and I are never meant to fall in love. And I am okay with that, to be honest," he shrugged, "love was never the first thing on my mind anyway."

"And you know what," Rey looked up at her with a loving smile, "I think you wouldn't be such a bad partner to spend the rest of my life with."

Sharon felt her heart warm at that. "I think so too." She hugged him, which he didn't return. Instead he huffed and said, "Don't appease me."

Sharon simply nuzzled into his chest, feeling like she could stay this way her entire life. There were no sparks in between them, no attraction, no tension. But they had that warmth that only comes with knowing someone really well and, the thing was, that was all she needed. Rey finally wrapped his arms around her and his warmth engulfed her as Sharon smiled in his embrace. Her future wouldn't be so bad after all.

A/N : So tell me. Do you think it is wrong to fall in love with someone outside the marriage if the partner's relation is completely platonic? I don't know about that, but I was just wondering.

Also, I hope everyone reads this because I am not sending any PM's... Don't know how good a decision that is... :/...

Read, like, comment and share (just a request) if you enjoy my work... Thank you for taking time out for this... I love you all...

teddybear67 thumbnail
Loved it ❤️ Rey & Sharon share a pure friendship.. Missed Swayam in this update though 😔 Waiting to read how SWARON fall for each other and how their relationship progresses... Please update the next part soon..
.writtenletter. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I fall short of words to describe how beautiful you write! ur so so amazing! Please update soon, we are all waiting!!
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Reserved.

Absolutely Not! There are so many marriages where people confuse love with habit and spend a whole life in that confusion. I dont see any flaw in that where Sharon says what happens if you actually fall in love after marriage with some one else! People call this 'socially wrong' but most of the time dont care when they make such 'emotionally wrong' decisions for their children!

I loved the update! This was short but was so deep. . .I loved Rey and Sharon both here. They understand each other and here atleast she knows if she wont be happy he wouldn't hurt her too. . .She is free from the post marriage obligations and I guess its the best way to spend a life. . .she can be at some peace :)

Realization of your mother being so plastic in a way must be hard to deal with!

The way Rey teased her on the grandchild issue it was amusing! But does Sharon have a past? What was Rey saying about moving on?

You are sketching the characters and weaving this story really nicely. It feels different from what we have read in Friendzoned and your other ff. And its nice :)

Chitra :)

Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 9 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
ShareySharey
Awesome bond they share

Their convo wsa realistic
Loved that
Missed swayam here
What about moving on?????was she in love??

Update soon