Junaid Jamshed in hot water again over sexist remark. Social media res

Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Vital Signs singer turned evangelist turned fashion designer Junaid Jamshed made yet another blunder this past week as he appeared on a TV show and stated that "God dislikes that any woman should be named [in the Quran]."

Cue furor: the internet blew up over the remark, calling it out for being misogynistic, irresponsible and just plain wrong.

Junaid Jamshed was in the spotlight last year when he was accused of making blasphemous remarks in one of his televised sermons.

This time, it appears that he felt he had to correct his mistake quickly, as he took to his Facebook page and issued a 'clarification. ' In the carefully edited video, he explains that he did not intend to offend or belittle women at all. He cites Quranic verses that relate the high stature of women.

However, he closes with the sexist remark: "A woman is a diamond. Diamonds are meant to be hidden."

Junaid Jamshed
Public Figure 4,664,238 Likes
Yesterday at 2:34am

Dear brothers & sisters,
My clarifiction on the role and rank of women in Islam according to Al-Quran e Majeed and Sunnah...

Hope this helps answer a lot of your inquiries.

May Allah bless you all and guide us all to the right path.

Social media blew up over his statements, with several prominent figures jumping in.

Many people questioned the hypocrisy of Jamshed putting women down even as he made a living off selling them lawn joras:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1195473/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Only Allah know s better what he intended to say...
BTW has anyone seen Hamza's status regarding this? 😆
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Idiot. diamonds are flaunted not hidden.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
He's such an idiot.. What an extremist.. I saw that episode and I was like what does he even mean lol
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/Hjl-pribkXg[/YOUTUBE]
This video above is to show how men and women are addressed in the Quran. Do watch, hazrat Aisha asked prophet Mohammad why women are not mentioned in the Quran, watch the video for the answer.

Now coming to JJ statement, I watched the video and he said the truth, quran only mentions Maryam AS, and it's the truth that no other woman is mentioned in the Quran out of RESPECT, the liberals need to calm down and not try to twist the facts. Islam has given rights to women 1500 years ago that the so called modern women have just started enjoying 60 some years ago. Islam showed the world that white is not superior over black 1500 years ago, yet we are still battling racism today in the west. If people only open the Quran and understand that Islam is so fair, it has given women the status if a queen. I don't know about. JJs earlier controversy, but people are just wrongly accusing him and twisting his words in this cAse, May Allah SWT guide us all.

People are even bashing his clothing line, since when is running a halal business a crime, even in the time of the prophets people bought fabric and clothes were made, I haven't seen obscene ads for his clothing line, so whatever he does he is doing keeping the teachings of Islam in mind.
He gave up a career in music to follow the right path, instead of appreciating him people are so quick to find faults in him. Shame on us.

Sorry about the rant but it makes me angry when people want to change the commands of Allah to suit their needs.
Gujar thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

Idiot. diamonds are flaunted not hidden.

Yea an ambiguous statement to make, can't tell by articles since they can be a little misleading whether he meant women as people should be kept hidden or from a physical standpoint if the latter then it's a pretty contradictory statement to make since the 'diamonds' [colourful clothing] he created don't sell unless shown, which have enabled him to earn his lakhs & give opportunity for women to 'flaunt' themselves, nothing hidden about it there
Edited by Gujar - 9 years ago
Gujar thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

He's such an idiot.. What an extremist.. I saw that episode and I was like what does he even mean lol

A video would definitely make it more clearer as to the context since I haven't seen it, will search for it sometime to get a better picture.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I think Shabz provided the video.. Junaid Jamshed is an extremist anyways.. When he came to Nida's show he's like never let your wife drive a car, don't even let her learn driving, don't let her go out of the house, like what? and when Nida was like what about ladies who lose their husbands and have to get out of the house no matter what.. he's like don't ask me hypothetical questions, this is a very rare situation, which infact is a very common situation.. Islam has asked ladies to not leave their houses unnecessarily, but if someone is in need and is in her parda she is allowed to work..
coming back to the video, they way he kyunki "Allah ko pasand nahi kisi aurat ka naam Quraan mein aaye" was sexist, atleast to me.. Probhet Muhammad PBUH married Hazrat Khadija and she was the richest trader of Arab in those times.. she was a working woman, never was she asked to leave her work and sit home, atleast not informed to me... correct me if I'm wrong... Junaid is very weird..
Bashing his clothing line and stuff is stupid, But Junaid Jamshed himself is very contradictory, how come singing Dil Dil Pakistan with music is halal and listening to other music is haram.. 😕
EDIT: Shabz gave a different video.. I can't didn't that video where he said that, it was the last Ashra in the Shaan e Ramzan Iftar transmission..
Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 9 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
^Yep. Hazrat Aisha too I believe took part in army affairs as well. I found the video of him saying that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QwSFcfac4

But didn't find the other of him clarifying. I've noticed there's a trend with our celeb turned Daee's in Pakistan a lot of them seem to have a big Saudi influence in their perspective the similar extreme beliefs. Some people have this thing in their minds that Saudi's are the benchmark some are emotionally involved because our Holy Prophet PBUH was from there & history of Islam took place there so in that emotion they can overlook all the flaws.

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

how come singing Dil Dil Pakistan with music is halal and listening to other music is haram.. 😕

With my limited knowledge don't know if i'm right, but I think with Dil Dil Pakistan it's a patriotic feel good type song, there's no romantic/sexual connotation in the lyrics. I could be wrong I'm just going on assumption here.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
The point is what he said about women not mentioned in the Quran (except Maryam AS) is right, the way he said it was wrong and was misinterpretated.