Since ARy sponsors it its shows will get most nominations

As simple as that

But i m really mad that they ignored shukk

It was the biggest hit of ary after pyaare afzal

good that they ignored
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Namaloom afraad and Pyaray Afzal probably winning everything..
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Breaking: Faysal Qureshi refuses LSA nominations

"Ye log pehle sou rahe thay kya," asks the enraged actor
AYESHA AHMAD ABOUT 14 HOURS AGO

Known for his powerful and intimidating characters on-screen, the very popular figure of our entertainment industry Faysal Qureshi is quite irked over the revised list of Lux Style Awards nominations that has been recently received by the various local media portals.

The displeased actor, who claims that he had no clue about the release of the new revised list, declares that he plans to pull his name out from the nominations as he now deems it a belittling gesture from the LSA jury's side.

Is the star's reaction legit? Read on to find out!

When Lux Style Awards came up with the original list of nominations, almost a month back, it nowhere mentioned the widely acclaimed Qureshi-starrer 'Bashar Momin'- neither in the 'Best TV Play' category or in the 'Best TV Actor' category. So much so, the first Pakistani drama ever to be played on Indian channel Zee Zindagi, 'Bashar Momin' wasn't even nominated in 'Best TV Writer' or 'Best TV Director' category.

This unpleasant occurence obviously came as a shock for all the cast and crew associated with the phenomenal drama. Besides Geo launching campaigns to protest against the discriminating decision of the LSA jury, Qureshi himself was infuriated over the entire episode because he very well knew how great a fan following 'Bashir Momin' had gained over the course of time.

Qureshi was expecting that the LSA would at least recognize the efforts of the writer and the director of the popular play even if they ignored his performance. However, nothing of that sort happened.

Fast forward to today, while exclusively speaking to HIP on telephone, the versatile actor Qureshi says that the basis of the nominations are completely nonsensical as Noman Ijaz had been nominated for a drama he was featured in two years back- 'Zindagi Tere Bina'- that was telecasted on HUM TV.

With 22 years in showbiz up his sleeve, the three-time LSA winner Qureshi feels that his name has now been added in the 'Best Actor' category only because AIjaz Aslam's name has been omitted and the slot had to be filled.

He also says that his only message to the LSA jury is that it should work on its team and appoint people who acknowledge the talent our media possesses that also includes the writers and the directors.

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
WHATSAPP
EMAIL
Has Bashar Momin gotten its due? Not if you ask Faysal Qureshi " Publicity photo

It isn't award season until there's some hue and cry about the nominees (and non-nominees!) " and one of the biggest contentions this year was in the Lux Style Awards' TV category.

One of the most-talked-about TV series last year was Bashar Momin, and fans were distraught because actor Faysal Qureshi didn't make the cut in the Best TV actor category.

Also read: Lux Style Awards nominations are out!

Luckily for fans, the TV nominations were revised, keeping in mind that the LSA TV Rules state that 70% of a drama's episodes must run in the Awards year, that is, January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014, according to a press release. In this revised list, Faysal Qureshi finally made the cut.

While fans of Bashar Momin may have been appeased, the honoured new nominee is not. Faysal Qureshi has rejected his nomination.

"When the original list of nominees came out, we [the Bashar Momin team] were very shocked to see our name not present in any of the categories", Faysal Qureshi shared with Dawn.com, "Bashar Momin was a drama that everyone talked about, and I've seen many Bashar-inspired characters on TV since, so I was really surprised by the lack of recognition. I spoke out about the drama not being nominated, not just myself."

"A lot of fans were also quite upset and spoke out as well, and I got calls from the organisers who promised a revision," Faysal continued, "What they ended up doing was nominating me and no one else from Bashar Momin. After 22 years in the industry, I have no need for awards, but Bashar Momin had excellent cinematography, direction and script, which deserved recognition. There's no point in holding awards like this. If you've chosen to ignore a particular TV drama, then so be it. Move on."

He went on to stress on the need for a proper jury for award shows. "The jury should be made up of people who know dramas on the tips of their fingers, a mix of senior journalists and some neutral people like sportsmen, for example." The revised nominations list had quite a few surprises, not in the form of snubs but inaccuracies. In addition to Faysal Qureshi's inclusion in the Best Actor category, Ahson Khan has also been nominated for his work in New York Se New Karachi, a drama that didn't even star in. "Also, they've nominated two people from the same TV drama," Faysal added, referring to the Best Actor nomination of Hamza Ali Abbasi and Firdous Jamal for their performance in Pyaray Afzal, "This isn't the standard operating procedure of award shows anywhere in the world."

"We've always supported LSAs because it's the only real award show in Pakistan, which is why these recent events are so disappointing," he said conclusively.

The revised TV nominations, revealed in a press release yesterday, are as follows:

In the Best Satellite Play category, Geo Entertainment's Asmano Peh Likha joins the original five nominees. The revised nominees are:

1. Asmano Peh Likha on Geo Entertainment
  2. Chup Raho on ARY Digital
  3. Main Bushra on ARY Digital
  4. Marasim on A plus
  5. Pyare Afzal on ARY Digital
  6. Shikwa on ARY Digital

In the Best TV Actor category, Noman Ijaz for Hum TV's Zindagi Teray Bina and Mikaal Zulfiqar for Hum TV's Mohabbat Subh Ka Sitara Hai have been removed from the nominees and replaced by Faysal Qureshi and Ahson Khan for Geo Entertainment's Bashar Momin and TvOne's New York sey New Karachi respectively. The revised nominees are:

1. Ahson Khan for New York sey New Karachi
  2. Faisal Qureishi for Bashar Momin
  3. Firdous Jamal for Pyare Afzal
  4. Hamza Ali Abbasi for Pyare Afzal
  5. Jibran Syed for Chup Raho

The Best TV Actress nominees remain unchanged:

1. Aiza Khan for Pyare Afzal
  2. Saba Hamid for Pyare Afzal
  3. Saba Qamar for Sannata
  4. Sajjal for Sannata
  5. Sanam Jung for Meray Humdum Meray Dost

In the Best TV Writer category, Sarmad Sehbai for Hum TV's Laa has been replaced by Zanjabeel Asim for A-Plus's Marasim. The revised nominees are:

1. Khalil ur Reham for Pyare Afzal
  2. Saji Gul for Sannata
  3. Sameera Fazal for Chup Raho
  4. Sanam Mehdi for Main Bushra
  5. Zanjabeel Asim for Marasim

In the Best TV Director category, Sakina Samo for Hum TV's Mohabbat Subh Ka Sitaara Hai has been removed, leaving the rest of the five nominees to vie for the award:

1. Kashif Nisaar for Sannata
  2. Mohsin Mirza for Asmano Pay Likha
  3. Nadeem Baig for Pyare Afzal
  4. Rubina Ashraf for Shikwa
  5. Yasir Nawaz for Shaq

The music nomination for Sadqay Tumharay in the Best OST category was withdrawn at the request of the producers.

WHATSAPP
EMAIL

Email feedback and queries to Dawn.com's editorial team, or visit our contact page

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
LSA's have become a joke btw there was no need to change anything once they had announced the nominees. This has made things worse and given others a chance to bash them more.
Faysal should grow up, he is not the only actor in Pakistan ...wonder why he has to act all jealous if a new actors gets some recognition ...first Fawad and now Hamza
And Hamza and Firdous Jamal nominated in same category can in a way be worse for them as PA votes may end up getting divided. Just like in Hum awards Saba Qamars vote were divided between her shows and Mahira ended up wining
Secondly Bashar Momin was not getting good trps if I remember correctly, many issues were going on with Geo at that time. Personally think BM deserved no nominees as the show glorified maritial rape
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The problem with the nominations are that they're biased towards ARY. it is in fact all ARY. Geo was completely snubbed...for what reason exactly? it's very strange. The fact was that Bashar Momin was one Geo's best shows in recent times.

What I find surprising is how they had to remove people to accommodate Faisal and even Ahsan? I don't know what show Noman was nominated for, it didn't seem like a performance anyone really knew about..but, to take out Mikaal is pretty unfair. Faisal Qureshi isn't the only one who this has happened to..he voiced his opinion and LSA took it seriously..but, at the expense of removing other nominees? that seems rather ridiculous.

Also, LSAs have indeed become a joke over the past few years. Bashar Momin is nothing..there are some legit great, memorable performances, shows and writers that have been left out for far more brilliant things over the years and no one even said a single word about that.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What's more funny is that Ahsan Khan didn't even star in New York se New Karachi...the leads were Mikaal and Azfar. There was no Ahsan. This show is also from years ago.

So, LSAs just nominated Ahsan for a show that he didn't even star in? LOL. There goes whatever credibility they had left.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think FQ has a point. When we talk about 2014, I personally could think of only two dramas. One was Pyaray Afzal and other was Bashar Momin. Whether we like it or not but Bashar Momin did create a lot of ripples and had a lot of impact. We also can not simply ignore Faysal's performance in it, especially when we look at the original nominees list. Secondly, I personally like the story, screen play and dialogues of Bashar Momin a lot, Zanjabeel Asim Shah should have been nominated for Best Writer for Bashar Momin.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Another thing I wanted to mention was that FQ never said do not nominate others. He just questioned the criteria for nomination, and I think his questions were quite valid.
Edited by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0 - 9 years ago