Raj Kumar Gupta confirms that Kareena no longer doing his next

dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Avinash Lohana (MUMBAI MIRROR; July 15, 2015)

Kareena Kapoor has opted out of Raj Kumar Gupta's upcoming film, Section 84. Gupta confirms this: "Yes, it's a mutual decision. Things didn't work out as planned."

The film deals with Section 84 of the IPC which states: "Nothing is an offence which is done by a person who, at the time of doing it, by reason of unsoundness of mind, is incapable of knowing the nature of the act, or that he is doing what is wrong or contrary to law."

Kareena's character was believed to be that of a schizophrenic who finds herself at the centre of a crime. In an interview to Mirror (Feb 3) Gupta had said, "Yes. Section 84 is an integral part of the film and Kareena is my protagonist. It's a character with two sides. Trouble begins when she steps out of a mental asylum. The film is inspired by a reallife incident. We start shooting in mid-April."

The shoot was subsequently pushed to August. And now Kareena has opted out because she wasn't happy with the final script. Also, Gupta took a long time to find another producer after Salman Khan backed out.

Gupta retorts, "These speculations are absolutely untrue. Eros has been on board for some time. As for the script excuse, that is the most convenient route and I guess as old as cinema."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
begum does it again i was putting high hopes for this movie by not doing this movie she made a big career mistake.
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As for the script excuse, that is the most convenient route and I guess as old as cinema.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I wonder what made Kareena back out of it...is she getting to work with her dream director RS? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
My condolences to Kareena's fans. Time for bahurani to step in. In the meantime Bebo will probably do an item number in Ram Lakhan.
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hurray... 
Enough Time for item songs in Dilwale, Sultan, Singh is Bling and a cameo in Ram LakhanπŸ₯³
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

My condolences to Kareena's fans. Time for bahurani to step in. In the meantime Bebo will probably do an item number in Ram Lakhan.

Who?
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvadaKedavra

As for the script excuse, that is the most convenient route and I guess as old as cinema.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

<font color="#333333" face="Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" size="2">I wonder what made Kareena back out of it...is she getting to work with her dream director RS?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†</font>
<font color="#333333" face="Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" size="2">
</font>
<font color="#333333" face="Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" size="2">
</font>

RKG sounds pissed.
QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow, the last line. He seems pissed at Bebo. Yet again, Bebo makes another director upset. But considering how the director of Bombay Velvet was upset for Bebo not doing the film and everyone knows how big of a disaster the film was and anu and Ranbir didn't benefit anything from doing the film..I will wait until the film comes out to judge Kareena. Still though, it sounds like a great story/role for Bebo. I wish Bebo and her PR would shut up about which films she's doing until everything is finalized. She gets her fans hopes up all the time only to crush it later! 
Wonder what item song or flowerpot role she was offered to let go of this promising film/role? 
Edited by QueenExpression - 8 years ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I remember I was excited when I first heard about this movie, but added my comments that she might back out.
I was really looking forward to this one, I thought it would be just what she needs to get back in the game.
She ruined my night as a fan frankly speaking.
It's not often that celebs manage to do that.
Really disappointed.
First mera naam Mary, and now this.

I guess I should stop hoping anything good about her.
She's just plain stupid.
Damn you Bebo. :/
TheRager thumbnail

Slayshwarya. The fourth choice after Vidya, Kangu, Bebo have declined any film.