Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Saumya19 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Sara014

So in the UK, anyone who is known to watch Star Plus dramas is basically a laughing stock. Every now and then I join mum at the tele while she watches them.

Saw the episode of this new drama. How bloody embarrassing, if you're trying to interpret another culture/setting into an Indian serial, at least make a f**king effort to do your background research you illiterate writers.

For someone who is very English, I dislike the American accent so how dare you pretend we speak like that? The episode is set in London, there's footage of an accident shown which is completed UNRELATED and has been taken from another scene (I'm a journalist, I report crime, I know). Then it gets worse, a so called doctor gets a call to come into work. That DOES NOT HAPPEN IN ENGLAND, what fantasy world do you all live in. We strictly operate a shift system in the UK, it isn't India or Pakistan. You work on the exact rota, sometimes you have to stay back at work but you are not called in - unless some f**king Aliens land in London and eat up the doctors/surgeons at the hospital.

The lead - she saves lives right? Well we call those surgeons - not doctors who you rarely see out of the operating theatre and known to be the least friendliest of all occupations in the medicine field.

Now the thing that pissed me off the most, the breaking news scene about the accident - the reporter is American speaking in AN AMERICAN ACCENT, like why? Just f**king why? We don't have breaking news scenarios in the UK, it's a polite country, damn Indians are mixing American/English culture, well it's different you freaks. I found this so ridiculous that I had to defame the episode to thousands of journalists here and doctors.

Adults don't call each other 'Sir' or 'Miss' in the UK or US in fact lmao - how stupid! As if she referred to another doc as 'yes sir' - I wanted to honestly drown - how unprofessional of her. We call each other by our names here. When I was at university, even there you have to refer to your lecturer by their first name. In fact the word Sir isn't used in the UK, it's 'Mr' - only up to 16 years old you are asked you refer to teachers by either Mr/Miss/Mrs.

Wow this is coming from a person who belongs to a so called polite society as you pointed out. If things so lame as inappropriate accent used in a show being telecasted in India for Indians ruffles your feathers thus, you actually term it as barbaric! I am sorry to say my dear you need to learn your word meanings again. And don't you damn Indians, you have no right to, journalist or not. The kind of air you tried to build up for your self my dear makes me laugh at you like you were that British desi trying to show us his/her attitude, not done. You are a journalist, you said and you belonged to a polite society, sorry to say but your post does not reflects either.
It is weird a polite society uses so many Fs coupled with asterisks to convey a simple dissent. Some kind of politeness it was
Edited by mytinypaintings - 9 years ago
Saumya19 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chullbulli

Since you are so very critical about others making a mistake, I thought I would politely point out that the correct spelling is PROFESSIONAL.

Very well pointed Chulbuli...love your name
1987Roso thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovecolin

As an American, we have such a wide variety of cultural salade of Medical personel and its not strange in America if someone address their superior as Sir or Miss because its their culture and that is no big deal. I never call my patient or my superiorat work by their first name without a Miss/Mr infront of it and i am not indian and its pretty common in the healthcare field.

I am a nurse and even though i called the doctors Dr(lastname), some times when i am talking to them i can answer "YES SIR" its a cultural thing and it doesnt matter if you are american or British CAUSE NO ONE CARES.

BTW Nurses in American draws blood all the time and not everytime we had to call the Phlebotomist. Sometimes we do page a surgeon at home IF they are the primary surgeon who does a surgery or IF that patient only wants their own doctors (FYI)

I guess things in the UK are different but this is a FICTION show and we can just enjoy it for what it is. No one expect perfection.

Most the things you see on Grey's Aanatomy or ER are not real. Doctors dont just open people up because they are RIGHT and want to save their patients. Medical professionls and Medical Teachers in the USA hates these shows because they are so INACCURATE but who cares its just a fiction show.

So my point is let chill and enjoy the FICTION show :)

I'm talking about canada and I'm also nurse we do Not draw blood
1987Roso thumbnail

Originally posted by: chullbulli

Since you are so very critical about others making a mistake, I thought I would politely point out that the correct spelling is PROFESSIONAL.

It's called TYPO fyi
1987Roso thumbnail
I've got a nursing degree I'm sure I know how to Spell ..
Or else I wouldn't have one
ChulbuliRao thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Sara014

I'm English not Indian lol so there's no roots to forget, I have an Indian grandma though, that's it. :)

A very good post avalanche. Sadly a lot of people (Indian or paki origin) have identity crisis, and I sympathise with them, their birth or citizenship says British citizen and skin colour shouts otherwise. Actually nobody cares here. I am a British citizen myself and proudly say that I am still an Indian as that is my identity and I am proud of it. I love indian tele, Bollywood even if it is silly🤪 and I very proudly announce it to my colleagues and they also appreciate it. but some chaaploos type joote chaatne waale Indians 😡 just start criticising India and feel that they have become superior by doing that, they don't realise that they are the biggest fool. slave mentality kabhi jaayegi nahi aur apni identity se humesha ashamed hi rahenge😡 aise log. ..so avalanche keep calm and just chill.😆
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I know Indian shows have huge sized bloopers but just for discussion sake the Sir/ Madam culture was not born in India. Its a legacy of the colonial rule and who was the colonial master of India. Any guesses ladies and gentleman ?

But is that only an Indian problem ? I think every makers fails to portray another culture properly.Remember the Patil sister's dress from Goblet of Fire ? OMG ! who told them Indians wear such loud dress for a ball ? Common! it wasn't a Diwali party and it was somewhere 90s in the story.😆

Politeness in India has a different meaning. It comes minus the 'Fs'. Anyone watching Star Plus or any Indian show must have known this by now.