Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1987Roso thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Panoramic

Oh ok...I guess u r talking about uk hospitals...about which I don't hv much idea...as im working in India...

Becoz in India ... nurses only who draw blood... Exception is wen we hv to draw blood for abg analysis...
And In many hospitals in India we still use syringes to draw blood..

I actually like the culture of calling sir /mam...in school of course.. .. It gives good values to kids... just my opinion... No offense pls..

At work ..we never address our seniors as sir/ mam... We just call them by names...as u Said dr (lastname)...

Yea even we hv on call surgeons here in India :)

No I am in canada..
I understand but we are not talking about india we are talking about UK because that is what is shown in the tv show..
I'm sure india doesn't have the equipment we have in our countries..
Last time we used to draw blood with syringes was in the 80's so india is far behind

Avalanche. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sara014

I'm English not Indian lol so there's no roots to forget, I have an Indian grandma though, that's it. :)

I'm American as well but we're both connected to India somehow.
Don't disrespect it :)
Panoramic thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roben

No I am in canada..
I understand but we are not talking about india we are talking about UK because that is what is shown in the tv show..
I'm sure india doesn't have the equipment we have in our countries..
Last time we used to draw blood with syringes was in the 80's so india is far behind

I got ur point...

I wanted to say that makers hv done little research on how Indian health care system works... But they r unaware of uk system...

So to Indian audience it won't look weird...

And I seriously I hope they focus more on Indian healthcare system than uk's

yes I too want makers to do some background work on uk system as well as this track of roshini studies is related to it...but then I guess its too much to expect from indian show makers...
Im happy that atleast few things were relatable..

Wen I compare other Indian shows related to medical profession,this show looks far better! :) so I choose to ignore few bloopers like this.. :)
Edited by Panoramic - 9 years ago
.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Valid points but you could always have been more respectful instead of calling people 'freaks'. :)
.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Just saw your previous posts.😆

How old are you? 12,13? Pretty sure can't be older than that.
kavmuks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
whatever .. Love this show

Thank God.. the show characters will soon shift to India and all this cultural fights will have no place. 😛 We will enjoy our Desi Show.
_Nik_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Surgeons perform surgeries + work in OPDs n wards. whole time they are not in OTs. After surgery there is post op management. Just thought of spreading some information.
lovecolin thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
As an American, we have such a wide variety of cultural salade of Medical personel and its not strange in America if someone address their superior as Sir or Miss because its their culture and that is no big deal. I never call my patient or my superiorat work by their first name without a Miss/Mr infront of it and i am not indian and its pretty common in the healthcare field.
I am a nurse and even though i called the doctors Dr(lastname), some times when i am talking to them i can answer "YES SIR" its a cultural thing and it doesnt matter if you are american or British CAUSE NO ONE CARES.

BTW Nurses in American draws blood all the time and not everytime we had to call the Phlebotomist. Sometimes we do page a surgeon at home IF they are the primary surgeon who does a surgery or IF that patient only wants their own doctors (FYI)

I guess things in the UK are different but this is a FICTION show and we can just enjoy it for what it is. No one expect perfection.

Most the things you see on Grey's Aanatomy or ER are not real. Doctors dont just open people up because they are RIGHT and want to save their patients. Medical professionls and Medical Teachers in the USA hates these shows because they are so INACCURATE but who cares its just a fiction show.

So my point is let chill and enjoy the FICTION show :)
Edited by lovecolin - 9 years ago
ChulbuliRao thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Roben

good post..

i work at the hospital infact i am there right now doing my graveyard shift on a very slow night..
it sounds dumnb to call someone "sir" "ma'am" especially at work.. even school.. thats so indian culture..
our doctors and nurses we refer to each other by our first names no matter how senior or junior.. unless you dont know the doctors first name then you would say DR (lastname) even in school college..
from kindergarten as some would call it pre school nursury etc.. we are taught to refer to the teachers
with their lastnames
i always wonder when will india be that braud.. probably never if a student calls teacher by a name they would probably get the beats or get written up loll
funny.. how the nurse was told to draw the "blood" on a patient theres a proffesional called "phlebotomist" that do that.. nurses dont know ABC of drawing blood
its all the labs job no matter where in the hospital it has to be..
and nobody uses syringes to draw blood nowadays..
also.. we do have surgeons on call here at our hospitals.. only at NIGHT

Since you are so very critical about others making a mistake, I thought I would politely point out that the correct spelling is PROFESSIONAL.
ChulbuliRao thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: lovecolin

As an American, we have such a wide variety of cultural salade of Medical personel and its not strange in America if someone address their superior as Sir or Miss because its their culture and that is no big deal. I never call my patient or my superiorat work by their first name without a Miss/Mr infront of it and i am not indian and its pretty common in the healthcare field.

I am a nurse and even though i called the doctors Dr(lastname), some times when i am talking to them i can answer "YES SIR" its a cultural thing and it doesnt matter if you are american or British CAUSE NO ONE CARES.

BTW Nurses in American draws blood all the time and not everytime we had to call the Phlebotomist. Sometimes we do page a surgeon at home IF they are the primary surgeon who does a surgery or IF that patient only wants their own doctors (FYI)

I guess things in the UK are different but this is a FICTION show and we can just enjoy it for what it is. No one expect perfection.

Most the things you see on Grey's Aanatomy or ER are not real. Doctors dont just open people up because they are RIGHT and want to save their patients. Medical professionls and Medical Teachers in the USA hates these shows because they are so INACCURATE but who cares its just a fiction show.

So my point is let chill and enjoy the FICTION show :)

I love your post...and esp.. NO ONE CARES... I am surprised that people raise objections to such petty things and that too over a fictitious drama... they are clearly in the wrong place, someone must show them links to Discovery and other scientific documentaries. Or it is just attention seeking syndrome.