Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarushappu thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

hey
First of all, a big sorry for not responding these days.It is not that i have lost interest. Trust me, yours is the only FF that i read in india-forums.Earlier i used to wait for your updates and even now, i am impatient about it.It is just that my exams are coming. I have two exams in this month with the most important one on November 29, for that i have been preparing for the past one year. I have even stopped coming to india-forums these days.Well, now that I got to see your PM accidentally so thought of informing you about it.

I won't be able to read your updates for now. Once my exams gets over I will read them all and will comment as well, I promise you. Till then bye...
Edited by aarushappu - 8 years ago
Aalina. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Plz updated soon..waiting for this.
fym23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
when will u update next episode? Plz, waiting eagerly..
Zannat18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
waiting for the update 😊
IArmageddonI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Aalina.

Plz updated soon..waiting for this.

Originally posted by: fym23

when will u update next episode? Plz, waiting eagerly..

Originally posted by: zakter

waiting for the update 😊

So sorry girls! Wasn't keeping up in best health this week, hence the trouble! But surely by this weekend you'll get the update :)
fym23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oh, take care of your health first, we will wait for sometime.
IArmageddonI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aarushappu

hey

First of all, a big sorry for not responding these days.It is not that i have lost interest. Trust me, yours is the only FF that i read in india-forums.Earlier i used to wait for your updates and even now, i am impatient about it.It is just that my exams are coming. I have two exams in this month with the most important one on November 29, for that i have been preparing for the past one year. I have even stopped coming to india-forums these days.Well, now that I got to see your PM accidentally so thought of informing you about it.

I won't be able to read your updates for now. Once my exams gets over I will read them all and will comment as well, I promise you. Till then bye...

Hello dear! No no... no issues at all :) All the best for your exams!
.KupKakes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

EPISODE 8

"Ah!" Malvika sighed contentedly as the warm liquid seeped down her throat. The throbbing ache in her head reduced considerably. Finishing her black coffee, she was just about to leave for her cabin when she heard an unbearably loud, squeaky voice from the table next to hers.

Malvika's headache came back at once.

With a cuss word on the tip of her tongue, Malvika was ready to lash out at the apple of KKN's eyes', when the name Kashmir caught her attention.

"Arrey yaar! Ronnie, I am serious! Don't you think it's a bit weird that this party has suddenly organized a peace rally in Kashmir? I bet you if I could go there, I'll have uncovered the entire backstory of the rally," Ananya said, her eyes shining in excitement like a child's.

"Annie, kuch bhi! I know you've been pretty famous this week for your stories, but honestly this is a bit stretched. This time you don't even have evidence. Just because you feel something's wrong... kheir chhor. And I must say that you have pretty ambitious dreams! It's been barely over a month since you joined and you're already dreaming of being nothing less than a senior reporter, eh?" Ronnie said, with a look of fond disbelief at his friend.

"Arrey! What's wrong with dreaming?!" Ananya raised her hands and stormed away.

Malvika raised her eyebrows and walked thoughtfully to her cabin. Though she undisguisedly hated Ananya for being nothing less than a baby doll, she had to accept that Ananya had made sense.

But was that enough for a promotion?

Easing herself into her chair, she turned the pages of Ananya's file with an air of contemplation. Repositioning her spectacles, she began reading aloud in a desperate attempt to take an unbiased decision.

"The GTV expos and a connection with the Mehrotra scam. Then Kapoor's case and that infamous interview. Lastly, terrorist attack and her survivor's tale. Pretty impressive for major leads!" Malavika hummed to herself, as she turned through Kabir's eloquently written notes of appreciation.

"Hmm assisting Richa with the background research for the fiscal budget coverage, conducting the pre-election opinion polls, assisting Manav with Narayan Murthy's interview and Trisha with the coverage of the rave party at Olive's... well not bad at all!" Malavika mused. She quickly leafed through accounts of other stories covered by her, and a generous note from Kabir on her ability to collect news from the most unexpected corners, and her sensitive handling of certain political events in the past month.

"No matter how much I hate that miss goody two-shoes, I have to admit that she's good. But... what if this is nothing but a stroke of luck? She could have just chanced upon these cases and made it big...what's this?" Malavika frowned, as she noticed a brown government-sealed envelope on her table.

Tearing the side of the envelope carefully, she took a quick glance at the contents.

"Dang it..." Malavika cussed, half smilingly.

"Dang it!"

~*~

Ananya shook in her sleeveless shirt as she sat on top of a hill in Kashmir. She cursed her luck as snow began to fall.

The scenario was perfect for romance, except that it required a nearly poikilothermic heroine! Kashmir was a beauty, no doubt... if only there were flowers showering down on her from the heavens instead of snow!

"Oh my God!" Ananya gasped, as there was a shower of flowers on her head. She turned around, to behold Kabir smirking at her.

"How do you want me to be?" he asked.

Ananya frowned "Matlab?"

Kabir donned a black jacket and a hat with a feather. "The Romantic Raj..." he said, as Ananya's eyes widened on finding herself right in middle of a mustard field, enveloped in his arms.

"Or..." Ananya whispered, as the stage set on fire and Kabir grabbed her arm and twisted it to plaster her back to his frame. "Or The Angsty Haider?" his lips grazed her ears brazenly.

Ananya's heart beat faster in trepidation and anticipation all at once. "Or..." she whispered.

"Ananya?"

"Ronnie!" Ananya almost screamed in shock and fear. She coloured, when a few heads turned in her direction. Ronnie stepped back with an embarrassed smile.

"Yaar... what's wrong? If you had screamed even a little louder, then everyone would have thought I am murdering you!"

Ananya shook her head, still a little dazed. Ronnie, amused by her confused actions, nudged her "Din main sapna dekhna, I had only heard about it till now but tujhe dekh kar iss statement ka proof bhi mil gaya." He winked at her, and received a prompt whack on his shoulder.

"Really? Me and daydreaming? That too of Kabir Sir?! Dimaag tera thikaane pe hai kya!" Ananya blabbered and started hurriedly setting up her desk, when she found Ronnie shaking with laughter.

"Ananya, do you know the best part about this?" he said, unable to control his laughter.

"What?" she snapped back, making Ronnie laugh harder.

"I didn't even speak of Kabir sir. Tune khud hi apni band baja di!" he said, hugely amused, while Ananya's eyes widened in shock and she coughed in embarrassment. "No issues child, this is the first step of loouuu..."

"Shut up, Ronnie! Let me get some work done!" she said, unable to think of an appropriate retort.

"And Ronnie, let me continue to dream till my wedding and..." Ronnie mimicked Ananya, who hit him on the head with a file "Ow!"

"Serves you right! Anyway, all I was saying was loan me a little extra amount, yaar. I think it will be a very good idea if we try to dig into the party's internal corruption and try to reach the bottom of this so called peace rally..."

"Who's your source?"

Ananya and Ronnie turned to find Khalid smiling at them. "Sir?" Ananya asked.

"Who's your source regarding this information?" Khalid repeated, with a smile.

Ananya looked flustered. "Sir, this is just my inst..." she started, but was checked by Ronnie.

"Dekh Ananya. This isn't your GTV expose where you stick a chip under the table, record the conversation and then retrieve your chip. You will only make yourself look like an idiot if you tell others of this wild guess of yours," Ronnie warned her and walked away.

Ananya sighed and shrugged her shoulders "Fine!" she raised her hands in exasperation.

"Erm Ananya, will you come with me for a moment?" Khalid beckoned Ananya, who looked slightly taken aback and then shook her head, as if ignoring something, and walked along.

"What were you thinking?" Khalid asked, while a flustered Ananya shook her head. "Don't be shy, what was it?" Khalid nudged her for a response, while Ananya fidgeted with her fingers to get over her awkwardness.

"I was just thinking why you were calling me. Either there's something that only I can do or you've decided to tell me some secret which shall be profitable for both of us!" Ananya said, shrugging her shoulders while Khalid laughed.

"You really don't filter what comes out of your mouth, do you?"

"All the more reason why I detest doing what I am about to do!" Malavika joined them and stared pointedly at a clueless Ananya.

"What's happening?" Ananya alternated her gaze between Khalid and Malvika.

"Let me do the honors!" the hair on Ananya's neck rose, as Kabir swept past her, and presented her with his ever charming smile. Surely the moment when his hand brushed lightly against hers was just an honest mistake.

But the smirk on his face didn't seem to say so.

A dull red spread across her cheeks, when she realised that Kabir had his eyes all over her.

Seriously! The mixed signals were gnawing at her brains!

Clearing his throat, Kabir lead the trio to his cabin.

"So?" Ananya asked, looking away from Kabir, as a sudden fond expression set in his eyes.

"We have a letter for you," Malvika sighed, staring at her nails.

"What's this?" Ananya asked as she picked up the letter.

"We heard from Kabir that you had helped out the NSG with some information regarding a probable attack on Malad the night of the attacks," Khalid informed her, passing her a kind smile as he sensed a shiver run down Ananya's spine at the mention of the attack.

"Yes..." she replied, faintly.

"And your information was right. Instead of thinking about yourself and your own harrowing experience, you extended your help to them even in such a state and... you almost saved two hundred people from being killed!" Kabir said, while Ananya's mouth widened in shock. "There... read it aloud."

As Ananya read through the letter from the Defence Ministry, her voice choked in happiness and pride.

"In fact, your tip about Malad helped the military not only capture three terrorists alive, but also prevented four more attacks in the city," Kabir said, with a smile.

"What?" she asked, in disbelief.

"Yes. We're proud of you," Khalid said, patting her shoulder lightly.

"Nothing less can we expect from an army man's daughter, isn't it?" Tears stung Ananya's eyes as Kabir's words hit home. She looked at him, and gave him a watery smile.

Kabir blinked slightly, acknowledging her gratitude, and proceeded to give her another letter.

Ananya's heart skipped a beat as Kabir's fingers unintentionally caressed hers for a split second when he passed her the envelope. They both stilled, as a jolt of electricity shot up their spines.

"It's a conditional promotion. After Trisha's departure you're first on the list to fill in as a Senior Reporter!" Malvika said, with a rasping note in her voice. Ananya ignored Malavika's obvious displeasure and gaped at the letter.

"I mean, honestly, if I hadn't seen the appreciation letter from the Ministry, I wouldn't have considered you for the position. If only this Defence Minister didn't write this note!" Malavika sighed and rolled her eyes.

"This was fast..." Ananya frowned, still ignoring Malvika, and scratched her head.

"I thought you would be happy with this one!" Khalid said, his lips thinning in displeasure, as Ananya looked confused.

"No, I mean... of course I am thrilled... But I don't feel like I deserve it, not yet. I mean let me work harder for this," Ananya voiced her thoughts aloud.

Kabir's lips curved at her words. Knowing Ananya's uninhibited and unreserved nature, he had expected her to jump in joy or break into a dance, but this was truly unexpected.

He still had a long way to go before he understood Ananya Kashyap.

And somewhere down the line... his heart tingled in excitement.

Just as he opened his mouth to reply, Malvika's bark cut him short.

"Baby doll, didn't you hear the conditional part? We're trying you out for this post for the next two months. If you continue to deliver with this consistency and prove yourself worth it, you can consider the position yours. If you don't, you'll be back to your old post," Malvika stated unequivocally.

"But then... why are you telling me about this? I mean, you all could have kept this under wraps, and told me of your decision directly after two months or so..." Ananya asked, while Malvika smiled faintly.

This girl's naivete would be her end one day.

"So that we can see what's the best you can deliver. We want you to work as hard as possible, so that there's no room for second thoughts," Khalid said, carefully adjusting his suit, with his eyebrows firmly set.

"Yeah, the very best that you can deliver," Kabir drawled, as Ananya turned sharply, and made eye contact with him.

Something told her that he wasn't talking just about work.

"Surprise me, amaze me, leave me speechless and breathless..." Kabir said, with a smirk. After a deliberate pause he added. "With the stories you deliver."

Ananya's heart beat traitorously against her ribs, as the innuendoes didn't miss her. She tried to put up a frown to display her displeasure at his brazen words, but somewhere down the line even she know that he was just peeving her.

Kabir smirked as Ananya flashed him a that's-not-appropriate look. Seeing her red and annoyed, acted like a balm for the fiery attraction he had towards her. A one night stand or fling with Miss. Kashyap wasn't on his agenda.

What was it then?

As he noted her calculating eyes and her pressed lips, he knew she deserved respect and admiration, both of which he gave her.

But the desires cried out to be unleashed.

With an effort, Kabir reigned in his multitudinous thoughts over the much younger woman who quite swept him off his feet with her talent, dedication and honesty. He knew that sooner or later she would be a force to reckon with.

But did she see the same in her own self? Was she aware of her phenomenal talent?

"Thank you," Ananya said, at last. "But... may I ask a final question?"

"Sure!" replied Khalid.

"What is the story you want me to cover?" she asked, with an innocuous expression. Khalid chuckled at her question. Ananya was sharper than she knew.

And not knowing one's own capacity was a dangerous thing.

With tremendous effort and multiple attempts, Khalid had finally managed to convince Kabir to allow Ananya to work on this story. It was always a monstrous task to induce Kabir to change his mind.

"The same one you were arguing about with Ronnie," Malvika said, clicking her fingers impatiently. Seriously, can't this girl just say thank you and get out of the room?! How f*****g easy was it for her to present them with all those analytical questions, ask about her position, and even feel the need to justify her promotion!? She couldn't be that good.

Such women didn't exist!

"Kashmir!" Ananya looked at three of them in astonishment. Khalid nodded.

"Yep, Kashmir. The peace rally that's going on, you'll cover that. Flip to the second page, and you'll have your work defined for you. Okay guys, I'm running late for a meeting. Congratulations again, Ananya!" Khalid walked out, while Malavika shifted slightly in her chair.

"Ananya, I think we are done. Leave and get on with your research." Malvika said, uttering a swear under her breath, as Ananya continued to smile to herself. "Hello? Babydoll?! Do you need a written document stating that you can leave?"

Ananya narrowed her eyes on Malvika for half a second, and then shook hands with her. "Thank you for the position," she said. Malvika gave her a brief nod.

Kabir stood up, carrying his jacket and briefcase, to face Malvika's questioning stare. "Tum kaha ja rahe ho?" she asked him.

"I am taking a half day today. Really looking forward to seeing how you're going to handle Manav's 7pm show. He has that interview today, right?" Kabir said, hoping that she would take the hint and understand that he wouldn't meet her that day.

Malvika nodded with a tight-lipped smile. "Sure."

As Ananya turned to walk out of the cabin, Kabir stopped her. "Ananya, you have a flight tomorrow... so you can leave the office now. You need to rest and research before you leave for Srinagar."

"Yes sir," Ananya nodded, and left the cabin.

~*~

After being congratulated by her group of friends, and bidding them goodbye, Ananya left for her house.

She found herself continuously biting her lower lip in anxiety.

On one hand she was thrilled beyond measure with the opportunity to cover the rally, while on the other, the pace at which things were moving left her a trifle afraid and gasping for breath.

But hey! That wasn't Ananya Kashyap.

What's life without its unpredictable twists and turns?

Junior Reporter Ananya Kashyap was now a Senior Reporter and had received her first opportunity to cover such a sensitive political story outside the state.

Covering a politically-loaded peace rally in Kashmir was not a piece of cake. It was an ultimate opportunity for any field reporter to prove herself.

Ananya was not intimidated by the thought of failing in her assignment; it was the speed of things that was daunting. But then, she probably had to get used to such unnerving pace if she wanted to do on-field reporting in Kashmir.

After spending hours studying about Kashmir's political scenario, a beep on her phone surprised Ananya.

"Meet me."

Blood rushed furiously through Ananya's veins as she read the text from Kabir. Sitting up on her bed, and tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear, she started typing.

"Why?"

"Regarding Kashmir."

Ananya was disappointed momentarily, but chided herself for such thoughts.

"Sure... where?"

"My house."

"Oh!" Ananya texted him, and instantly cursed herself for such a stupid message. Of course it was going to be a formal meet, but visiting his house made Ananya feel...

Weird.

Kabir grinned at her response. Oh Miss Naive Ananya, she didn't even know how to hide her astonishment in a text message.

Deciding to tease her further, he called her.

"Oh? A pretty cohesive reply Miss. Kashyap."

Ananya grit her teeth at his sarcasm and puckered her lips in irritation. "I meant to say that why not in another place?"

Kabir raised an eyebrow and relaxed on his chaise "Miss. Kashyap, I can assure you that I am a man of morals and I have no intention of doing anything with you. Your safety at my house is guaranteed"

A big blush of embarrassment filled Ananya's cheeks. Damn, she didn't mean that! "No no... I didn't mean that. I meant... are we going to discuss, I mean... forget it. What's the address?"

Of course privacy was required! He was going to tell her something about Kashmir, so that ruled out all other places for meeting up.

Ananya, oh, Ananya! Ananya groaned to herself at her direction of thoughts.

"I see, you didn't mean that." Kabir's lazy comment both angered and embarrassed Ananya.

"I meant why not the office?"

"So that we can become Malvika's entertainment for the evening?"

Ananya's eyebrows shot up. "No! We aren't going to do anything! I mean why would we be her entertainment! I..."

She was checked by his laughter from the other end. "Miss Kashyap, you truly have no filter over you lovely little mouth. Of course not! But Malvika can think in only one way about any man and woman... but it looks like you can give her tough competition when it comes to double meaning."

"Address." Ananya said after a pause, too embarrassed to say anything else.

"Ignorance is bliss, haina? Anyway, I'll message the details to you."

Ananya heard her mobile beep promptly as she hung up the call.

"1801, Mittal Grandeur, Cuffe Parade."

"When?"

"30 minutes."

"What!"

"That's 29 minutes."

"Wait... I mean... fine I am coming over right now!"

Ananya glanced at her watch.

Who calls someone home at 4:45?

~*~

Kabir was not anxious to meet Ananya nor was he excited.

After all, the extra dash of cologne and a quick clean-up of his house was just a part of his daily routine.

Checking out his appearance in the mirror thrice was also part of his daily routine.

Tapping his fingers impatiently on his knees was again a regular habit!

He picked up his intercom and informed the guard "I'll be expecting Ananya Kashyap. Don't stall her."

At 5 pm, a rather hassled Ananya stood before his door.

As she ran her fingers through her hair, she was conscious of Kabir looking at her with a strange fondness. For a reason unknown to herself, she felt her toes curl.

"You're late," he said, after a pause.

"You're asking a person to reach somewhere in Mumbai in thirty minutes!" she retorted, and shifted her feet awkwardly in the passage.

Kabir didn't realise that he was holding her up at the door as he took in her appearance. Ananya looked absolutely gorgeous in a well worn casual dress coupled with an oversized olive jacket. A soft smile tugged on his lips as she nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her right ear.

Did she actually wear a little dangling shoe as an earring?

Typical Miss. Kashyap.

As he proceeded to check her out, Kabir burst into laughter. Ananya fiddled with the strap of her bag and adjusted her spectacles, trying to understand the reason for his mirth.

"Interesting shoes," Kabir leaned against the frame of his door and chuckled.

Ananya frowned and stared at her shoes.

"Shit!" she cussed.

In her hurry, she had forgotten to change her strawberry slippers!

~*~

"I hope there wasn't much trouble in reaching here," Kabir taunted Ananya slightly as she tried to remove her slippers.

She froze him with a glare.

"You don't have to remove those..." he shook as he tried to control his laughter.

"Very funny!" Ananya pulled a face, and wobbled slightly.

"I guess you could do with a hand," Kabir said and held her hand.

"You don't wait for others to act, khud hi sab kuch kar lete ho," Ananya said, shaking her head and gasped slightly as his house came into her view.

"You have a beautiful house!" Ananya exclaimed as the combination of wood and Italian marble charmed her instantly.

"Thank you!" he smiled at her, watching her eyes widen as they took his plush house in.

"It's warm and gorgeous... and very earthy. Exquisite. It's almost as if there's a woman's tou..." Ananya stopped abruptly, as she recalled about having read about his bitter divorce years back.

Kabir's smile faltered for a second and he turned to look at her face, half smiling as he perceived the evident mortification and contrition on her face for the slip of tongue.

"I didn't kill my wife, you know!" he said, casually. "We got divorced so you can take off the I-just-talked-about-your-dead-wife's expression. Though I would have loved to do that." Kabir added dryly.

Ananya flushed a deep red and laughed a little at his comment.

"But really... it is beautiful."

"Hey... coming to think of it, there is a woman's touch in the house," Kabir paused, while Ananya scrutinised his face.

He leaned towards her and in a low voice, whispered, "Kanta bai!" Ananya looked shocked for a second and then chuckled as she realized that he was referring to his maid.

"You're hilarious," Ananya laughed at the woman's touch. Stopping at last to catch her breath, she frowned realizing that he had not even asked her to take a seat in all this while.

It was not that his gaze didn't affect her, but she sidelined that for a moment.

Clicking her fingers before his eyes, she asked, "Are we to be standing for the rest of the evening, sir?"

Kabir turned his head aside abruptly, and coughed in an attempt to conceal his embarrassment. "Apologies for the lack of hospitality! Follow me, madame."

His heart sang as her tinkling laughter resonated in his ears.

~*~

Ananya gazed at the sun, still high up in the sky, from his balcony. She couldn't help but admire the view before her. She closed her eyes and silently took in the sea air, when he joined her there.

"Beautiful, right?" he smiled and handed her a glass of mango juice. She grinned as she took the glass and hummed in agreement.

"By the way..." she said, a mischievous smile hovering on her lips "You're pretty much a gentleman, calling a lady before the sun sets." Kabir's eyebrows shot up at her comment.

"Who said I'll let you go before the sun sets?" Kabir retorted, with an equally mischievous smile.

Ananya drew in her breath sharply, as Kabir tugged at her wrist. "Chalein?" he asked, guiding her back to his study. A slight smirk formed on his face, as he observed the deep crimson fast covering her cheeks.

"I was promised of my physical safety, Mr. Sharma," Ananya chirped, while Kabir turned his head and gazed intently into her eyes.

"And I keep my promises, Miss Kashyap... Though I do not remember promising your poor heart of anything similar," he said, with a dubious smirk.

"You're such a lovely sadist!" Ananya sneered. Kabir laughed and proceeded to take out some files and his laptop.

"You inspire me!" he winked.

Ananya huffed and perched herself on a couch, failing miserably in her attempts to hide her smile.

Somewhere down the line, an uncanny friendship had sprung up between the two of them.

~*~

A/N : Sincere apologies for the delay in this update; hence a long one! We truly hope that you loved reading this chapter. <3 So this marks a little milestone in KaYa's relationship! Stay tuned, dearest readers, to know what's going to happen next! Your comments truly keep us going! And yes, we have replied to all of your lovely comments. Thanks a ton for your patience! *and we're excited cause we've almost hit half century!* Who knows... you might get a Kayalicious update next *wink*.

With love,

This content is the sole property of the authors. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the authors and/or owners is strictly prohibited.

Edited by .KupKakes - 8 years ago
annabethpercy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
wonderful update😊continue soon
BedouinMe thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A really beautiful update ! The undercurrents are what makes this piece a class apart ! Waiting for the next part.. Plz update soon ! :)